• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Those still debating whether SAF can be called in if PAP loses power...

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG, YOU actually read all of Old Fart's publications....My time is better spent elsewhere.

I hope you didn't spend your own hard-earned money on buying those books?

Yes I read all of the old man's books, as well as other books about him and the PAP leaders written by others. I also read all of JBJ's, Dr Chee's and Francis Seow's books. In fact I have an autographed copy of JBJ's book, "The Hatchet Man of Singapore", which was signed on his 80th birthday. I bought it from him outside the ICA building at Lavender when he was still in bankruptcy and had to sell his books to make a living. I went up to him and told him that he was a fighter, and that he had my respect.

In order to truly appreciate the facts, one has to expose himself to different perspectives and points of view. It is the only way to keep the mind open and active. In fact it is what every responsible citizen should do, since in school we are not exposed to different perspectives. I would encourage everyone to read widely and take in different viewpoints.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
A die hard follower of LKY, he is.

Here we go again. This just shows how immature and childish you are. Your type of mentality is exactly what prevents Singapore from becoming more politically mature and diverse. If someone disagrees with you, then he must be a "DIE HARD" PAP supporter, or LKY supporter.

In fact, I don't even disagree with you on most things. I agree that under the current situation, life in Singapore is becoming unbearable. I agree that this is due to misguided policies, many of which were LKY's responsibility. I for one will be quite happy when he is gone. I made this clear in many of my threads, but you choose to interpret based on whatever you want to believe.

My fundamental disagreement with you pertains to what Singaporeans will do about their situation.

You seem to think that just because people are upset, they will go up in arms and say "enough is enough!!" and suddenly take to the streets. You think this is possible in Singapore. You have drawn comparisons with the Arab world, with Turkey, etc. You think that even SAF soldiers will join these protests and shoot their commanders.

This point of view is naive and betrays a lack of understanding of the ground.

Many have said that Singaporeans' submissiveness is due to their pragmatic nature, as well as other cultural factors. Well, the Malaysians share many cultural similarities with us. However, they have been politically awakened. Many working-class and lower-class Malaysians, despite their lack of education, have now begun to look beyond "bread and butter" issues, and they are now willing to express their opinions on issues like electoral fairness, separation of powers, abuse of power, constitutional freedoms, and so on. In Singapore, these issues are hardly ever discussed, except for the liberal ideologues on the internet. This is what is disappointing to me, and this is why I have given up.

And based on this, you call me a hardcore LKY supporter? Laughable to say the least!!

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a parallel between sinkapore and Turkey. Sinkees should learn from the the current Turk movement to fight dictatorship.

there are parallels everywhere, but none will be relevant until the ballots are cast and counted. the men who make a difference, better be paying attention to the groundswell of emotions arising from the wealth gap.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you even served NS? If you have, you would know that the S1 is more than just a paper pusher. The S1 has operational duties and is responsible for compiling, maintaining and planning the entire battalion ORBAT. This is an essential task because this information will let the S4 know how much transportation is needed, how much rations, etc. Moreover the S1 also has "human" responsibilities including arranging for the repatriation of dead bodies in the event of war, and liaising with the families of the fallen personnel. Moreover the S1 is also responsible for management and handling of all POWs captured. This is an important task.

In peacetime, the S1 is responsible for things like sending personnel for courses for upgrading, so as to ensure their career development. It is the S1 who sends people for airborne course, jungle confidence course and other vocational courses like QM, RQMS and CQMS course, ammo course, military driving course, logistics officer course, intelligence officer course, company tactics course (for OCs), CSM/RSM course, platoon sergeant course, etc etc. Without the S1, the entire unit will not have the appropriate level of training to perform their tasks.

I suppose this is all "paper work" to you, since you can't appreciate how all this contributes to the operational readiness of a unit.

fuck lah, S1 is just an aqua paper pusher. you can fool steffy, but anyone in or with friends in a real unit know the s1 and s4 do fuck all except sit in their office. ask any of the men what they think of S1. Hahahhahaha.

tell me, in our entire SAF's history how many POWs have we handled? 5?

you take yourself too seriously.

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was once very upset with life in Singapore (like you) but I have realised that it is pointless to be bitter and angry, a better option is to just do something about it and take ownership of your own happiness.

It's good to be bitter and angry. Bitterness and anger can be good motivators for change.

I hope more than 40% of the electorate will be motivated to vote Pinky and his overpaid ministars out of parliament.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LKY is a meat eater, that is why he behaves like that...

and LHL is a meat eater too , that is why he got cancer.. he never eat soursop.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY is a meat eater, that is why he behaves like that...

and LHL is a meat eater too , that is why he got cancer.. he never eat soursop.

Or they both ate too much soursop:

"Research carried out in the Caribbean has suggested a connection between consumption of soursop and atypical forms of Parkinson’s disease due to the very high concentration of annonacin.

……..

The compound annonacin contained in the seeds of soursop is a neurotoxin and it seems to be the cause of a neurodegenerative disease. The only group of people known to be affected live on the Caribbean island of Guadeloupe and the problem presumably occurs with the excessive consumption of plants containing annonacin. The disorder is a so-called tauopathy associated with a pathologic accumulation of tau protein in the brain. Experimental results demonstrated for the first time that the plant neurotoxin annonacin is responsible for this accumulation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soursop

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed!!!

Armed forces, police and what have u, shall be called to report for duty and serve the country the moment papees is overthrown. They shall be there to arrest all papees, cronies and families and freeze their accounts too.

REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuck lah, S1 is just an aqua paper pusher. you can fool steffy, but anyone in or with friends in a real unit know the s1 and s4 do fuck all except sit in their office. ask any of the men what they think of S1. Hahahhahaha.

Did I say I have handled POWs? I merely stated that one of the operational roles and duties of the S1 is to handle and manage all POW administration. Just like saying that the operational role of a tank officer is to command a tank and destroy enemy forces. How many enemy forces have we destroyed in our entire history? Or for instance the operational role of a commando is to infiltrate enemy lines, conduct sabotage missions etc. How many times have our commando units been deployed to do that?

The fact is that Singapore has never been to war before, so NO ONE in the SAF has ever been deployed to perform their operational roles. Does not mean they are not trained for it. The role still exists.

S1 does much more than push papers, even in peacetime. Refer to my earlier post.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed!!!

Armed forces, police and what have u, shall be called to report for duty and serve the country the moment papees is overthrown. They shall be there to arrest all papees, cronies and families and freeze their accounts too.

REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

Only CPT (NS) Brandon will work for the PAP

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only CPT (NS) Brandon will work for the PAP

LOL, I will not even be in Singapore. I have had enough and I choose to vote with my feet. I bet many of you, especially steffychun who complains and complains every day, are actually working indirectly for the PAP through a GLC. If you work for SingTel or SP Services or SembCorp you are actually helping to enrich not only the PAP but the inner circle elites who control the PAP.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S1 does much more than push papers, even in peacetime. Refer to my earlier post.

No need to argue until cows come home.....
Just compare those past and present staff officers with ACGS appointments.... among all the branches......you will almost never find a high flyer holding the personnel appointment. While other branches ACGSs goes on to promotion and bigger things......ACGS (personnel) is usually the last stop.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to argue until cows come home.....
Just compare those past and present staff officers with ACGS appointments.... among all the branches......you will almost never find a high flyer holding the personnel appointment. While other branches ACGSs goes on to promotion and bigger things......ACGS (personnel) is usually the last stop.

Battalion S1 does the most slack work of all. In Mobilisations, they always are the last officer to report in and sleep in most war games exercises.

I've seen that

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, I will not even be in Singapore. I have had enough and I choose to vote with my feet. I bet many of you, especially steffychun who complains and complains every day, are actually working indirectly for the PAP through a GLC. If you work for SingTel or SP Services or SembCorp you are actually helping to enrich not only the PAP but the inner circle elites who control the PAP.

I wish you the best. When the protests start, please come back to support us. Your soldiering skills will be useful if civil war breaks out.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

The most powerful officer is the S3 alogn with the S2. CO or OC doesnt know shit without them. In all planning and stages, the S3 with his OpSec cell gets everything done. Even Personnel planning. S1s always sleep on the job during exercises. Without the S3, the unit is never a unit.

so there

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most powerful officer is the S3 alogn with the S2. CO or OC doesnt know shit without them. In all planning and stages, the S3 with his OpSec cell gets everything done. Even Personnel planning. S1s always sleep on the job during exercises. Without the S3, the unit is never a unit.

so there

relax... cpt brandon is just soothing his own ego and deluding himself into thinking he's doing something important. typically people like him were bullied in school and now have a chance to "prove" themselves in army given a half fuck appointment. even my own kakis who were S1s and Dys1s all acknowledge the slackness of their appointment compared to s2, s3 and even s4. Charging reservists for IPPT offences is their biggest challenge :p

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
relax... cpt brandon is just soothing his own ego and deluding himself into thinking he's doing something important. typically people like him were bullied in school and now have a chance to "prove" themselves in army given a half fuck appointment. even my own kakis who were S1s and Dys1s all acknowledge the slackness of their appointment compared to s2, s3 and even s4. Charging reservists for IPPT offences is their biggest challenge :p

And actually, S1s wont know who to charge for IPPT if not for the S3 cell.