• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Those still debating whether SAF can be called in if PAP loses power...

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Myths about activating the SAF once PAP got the boot in GE 2016 ...

It depends how the PAP plays its cards. If it is ruthless like Putin, what do you expect sinkees to do?

Do you see the Russians trying to overthrow Putin?

Do you see them beheading officials of the Russian government for being loyal to Putin?

I am not saying the PAP is good, nor am I defending them (unlike Sam). I just think that Singaporeans will never mobilise themselves to protest against the PAP.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being your own boss is less risky than being a corporate brown noser.

Sam, I disagree with you but I am interested in knowing why you think the way you do.

How can starting your own business be less risky? When you start out, you have to risk your own money (often a large sum in the hundreds of thousands) and moreover you are not going to drawing a stable income at least in the initial stages. Moreover, as a corporate brown-noser, you just have to focus on one aspect, whether it is sales, marketing, HR, engineering, finance, logistics, project management or any other area. As your own boss, you need to be skilled in all aspects.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam, I disagree with you but I am interested in knowing why you think the way you do.

How can starting your own business be less risky? When you start out, you have to risk your own money (often a large sum in the hundreds of thousands) and moreover you are not going to drawing a stable income at least in the initial stages. Moreover, as a corporate brown-noser, you just have to focus on one aspect, whether it is sales, marketing, HR, engineering, finance, logistics, project management or any other area. As your own boss, you need to be skilled in all aspects.

1. You don't have to risk hundreds of thousands. I started with $7000 for a Mac and a used high quality laser printer.

2. Income during the initial stages isn't that great but if you have been careful while earning a salary, there should be more than enough to see things through during the start up period.

3. You don't have to skilled in all aspects of running a business because you can sub contract many aspects of a business eg accounting, graphic design, software development etc.

4. Running your own business is less risky because you have more control over the business and you definitely won't fire yourself. If you're good at what you do, you'll thrive. If you fail, you only have yourself to blame. On the other hand, in the corp world, brown nosing is well and good but bosses come and go and those that lose their godfathers invariably end up on the chopping block. Ultimately, you destiny and career path is in the hands of others and perception rather than reality decides your fate.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just remember the enemy of your enemy is your friend.
The worse enemy by far of Singaporeans is that fucking smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY with his
gang of maggots in white.

Help your friends to destroy your enemies

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just remember the enemy of your enemy is your friend.
The worse enemy by far of Singaporeans is that fucking smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY with his
gang of maggots in white.

Help your friends to destroy your enemies

Who are you referring to specifically? I am not sure I follow your argument.