• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Those still debating whether SAF can be called in if PAP loses power...

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I present a quote from LKY himself:

“He took over, and he said: 'If I have to shoot 200,000 students to save China from another 100 years of disorder, so be it.'"

- Recalling how former Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping dealt with the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests”

And this is what LKY thinks of elections:

“I ignore polling as a method of government. I think that shows a certain weakness of mind - an inability to chart a course whichever way the wind blows, whichever way the media encourages the people to go, you follow. If you can't force or are unwilling to force your people to follow you, with or without threats, you are not a leader.”

All of the above quotes are found in his books, The Singapore Story and From Third World To First.

I think he has made his stand clear. So let's stop speculating. Anyone who is claiming that the PAP will lose power in 2016 (or at any other time in the future) is being unrealistic.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I agree with LKY. Leaders have to lead from the front not pander to whims of an uninformed and ignorant electorate.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is impossible for the whole sSAF to be mobilised unless it was announced several months before or even years. Second, the navy would play a minimal role unless they are bombarding coastal GRCs. RSAF? You cant take off a plane in Singapore without alerting Malaysia or Indonesia and violating their airspace.

Left the army. To crush a rebellion or the winners you need a good number of IFVs and leopard 2 tanks . Most are in Australia and that takes time to bring a good number back. Then you need to arm them- will you have sufficient pro lky followers to arm the tanks? How about troops? How many will be willing to kill own Singaporeans?

Last edited:

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is impossible for the whole saf to be mobilised unless it was annouced several months before or even years. Second, the navy would play a minimal role unless they are bombarding coastal grcs. RSAF? You cnat take off a plane in singapore without alerting Malaysia or Indonesia and violating their airspace.
Left the army. To crush a rebellion or the winners you need a good number of ifvs and leopard 2 tanks . Most are in Australia and that takes time to bring a good number back. Then you need to arm them- will you have sufficient pro lky followers to arm the tanks? How about troops? How many will be willing to kill own singaporeans?

Do you trust the men driving these equipment to fire upon command knowingly that they might be firing at their own brother, sister, father or son? If you look at China during the Tianaman incident the units that were sent in were not from that region but from far away that is why it took them sometime before they started rolling in the tanks and 2 unknown to most of the outside world there was another major unit standing by just incase the unit sent in decided to change colors.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is impossible for the whole saf to be mobilised unless it was annouced several months before or even years. Second, the navy would play a minimal role unless they are bombarding coastal grcs. RSAF? You cnat take off a plane in singapore without alerting Malaysia or Indonesia and violating their airspace.
Left the army. To crush a rebellion or the winners you need a good number of ifvs and leopard 2 tanks . Most are in Australia and that takes time to bring a good number back. Then you need to arm them- will you have sufficient pro lky followers to arm the tanks? How about troops? How many will be willing to kill own singaporeans?

It would be 60% versus 40%...I would not take up arms to put down my fellow citizens, shoot me if you want.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best defence is an offence. Let the fight begin now - in 2013.

Can we roll the 'dice' that by 2013, the "last leaf will fall"..or in 2015 our 50th Anniversary, then we can have the National Day Celebration, plus SEA games plus, the greatest, biggest "you know what"., where the minons, will cry "me a river"...

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this happens and I am being mobilised for military coup, can I immediately apply for emigration so that I will not need to go Detention Barrack ?

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with LKY. Leaders have to lead from the front not pander to whims of an uninformed and ignorant electorate.

such thinking is an archaic hangover from the days of the colonies. no leader should pander to the whims of the people, but no leader can lead without the mandate of the people. are such nuances beyond your grasp? and if the electorate were highly informed and thoroughly educated? you are only interested in preserving the status quo - and that means the dominance of a few key families.

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he has made his stand clear. So let's stop speculating. Anyone who is claiming that the PAP will lose power in 2016 (or at any other time in the future) is being unrealistic.

Old Fart is certainly out of sync with the times.

When the Tiananmen massacre happened, there was no online media.

Imagine online videos showing a HongLim massacre with Sinkie military firing on Sinkie protesters. The Sinkie Stock Exchange will become Shock Exchange with its index losing hundreds of points in just one day.

We all know that Pinky wants face. Imagine how malu he will become when the whole world knows that he is unable to deal with a population of 6.9 million on a 750 sq. km of land.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

LKY leading from the front? With his paper generals and useless son Lee Hsien Loong who goes into hiding whenever there is a national crisis? You joking ah boss?

They lead in front I chop my LANJIAO!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It would be 60% versus 40%...I would not take up arms to put down my fellow citizens, shoot me if you want.

if they dare to activate me and give us live ammo, i will tell the driver to go to mandai ammo dump to raid for more ammo attacking mt vernon camp first.:biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY is really one daft fool putting up a show of foolish bravado to intimidate the then daft Sinkies..

Not all NSFs would listen to his orders to sacrifice their lives and fire on their own fellow countrymen..

These young boys would be busy thinking of the latest cool club to chiong during their next book out..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
LKY leading from the front? With his paper generals and useless son Lee Hsien Loong who goes into hiding whenever there is a national crisis? You joking ah boss?

They lead in front I chop my LANJIAO!

There has never been any real crisis in Singapore thanks to the PAP's able leadership. There is absolutely no requirement for the number one man to appear whenever some minor issue occurs. He has people to handle such matters.

LHL is needs to front up only when something major happens. So far, this has not happened.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If this happens and I am being mobilised for military coup, can I immediately apply for emigration so that I will not need to go Detention Barrack ?

I would stay behind to perform the unpleasant but necessary task of eliminating elements of the population who are trying to destabilise my country.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would stay behind to perform the unpleasant but necessary task of eliminating elements of the population who are trying to destabilise my country.

totally agree, and will make sure airport is secure to prevent criminals from escaping to their billions that they parked oversea.