• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Those still debating whether SAF can be called in if PAP loses power...

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
gurkhas will only provide superficial security (decoy) to buy time for elites to evacuate. they don't have adequate firepower and holding power to withstand more well armed rogue units of the saf. moreover, many of them have morale issues after living the good life of plenty in sg.

and the Gurkhas are loyal to the Brits ultimately.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
However, I can tell you that many of the people who serve alongside me as reservists would not share this view. They would be too fearful of disobeying orders. They would just look out for their self-interest and try to "cover their ass". They do not even question whether something is right or wrong -- they just assume that if someone in authority gave the order, it must be right.

I can tell you that I would have no problems shooting my fellow citizens in order to preserve the stability of the nation. It would have nothing to do with being fearful of disobeying orders. It would be all about my loyalty to the PAP and to LKY in particular. He is the man that I owe everything to.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can tell you that I would have no problems shooting my fellow citizens in order to preserve the stability of the nation. It would have nothing to do with being fearful of disobeying orders. It would be all about my loyalty to the PAP and to LKY in particular. He is the man that I owe everything to.

and what rank do you hold?

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please, the SAF i.e. the portion made up of Singaporeans will not respond. Maybe the Gurkhas will be mobilised instead.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many can you shoot before someone shoots you from behind? Maybe none. A brutal leader has no followers.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well then let me ask you a few questions:

(1) Why, despite all that has happened, are 60.1% of the population still voting for the PAP? Do you honestly think that 60.1% of the population are PAP cronies, henchmen, family members, and elites?

(2) As for the 39.9% who didn't vote for the PAP (including maybe 10-15% who DESPERATELY want the PAP out at all costs, and who would rather vote for a blind dog with herpes than a PAP candidate), when the PAP keeps importing foreigners, have they done nothing so far? You mean they don't know that the PIE is jammed everyday? You mean they don't know that the MRTs are getting more and more crowded? You mean these people actually like to stand in queues at hawker centers and food courts?? Why has there been NO protest whatsoever, thus far? Not even a semblance of a protest? Not even murmurings? Having a small rally at Hong Lim Park is not a protest, especially when the government has designated Hong Lim park as a place for people to talk cock about anything they want!!

it is interesting that you have appeared just after yacob said that we must read the right things online. the coincidence in timing will leave many wondering about your agenda.

it is clear you want the unhappy masses to think that doing nothing is the right and common thing.

well here's an answer for you that you can bring back to the top: 2016.

the people have awakened to the power of the vote. so unless you decide to throw democracy out the window, its an eventuality that PAP will either have to share power or step into the opposition. a one party cabinet will be a thing of the past.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well here's an answer for you that you can bring back to the top: 2016.

the people have awakened to the power of the vote. so unless you decide to throw democracy out the window, its an eventuality that PAP will either have to share power or step into the opposition. a one party cabinet will be a thing of the past.

There is a parallel between sinkapore and Turkey. Sinkees should learn from the the current Turk movement to fight dictatorship.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To clarify the question that everyone is asking:

As a reservist officer, I hold the position of S1 in a NS battalion. Would I follow orders to open fire against fellow Singaporeans? Would I follow orders to assist in overthrowing a democratically elected government? The answer is no. However, I can tell you that many of the people who serve alongside me as reservists would not share this view. They would be too fearful of disobeying orders. They would just look out for their self-interest and try to "cover their ass". They do not even question whether something is right or wrong -- they just assume that if someone in authority gave the order, it must be right.

hahaha.... a S1 paper pusher giving his opinion of his fellow saf ns officers. just because u officers cannot find your asses with a map, that do not mean the enlisted men are as useless as you 9mths wonder of ocs. ptui... u occifiers can hide in your hole, there plenty of riflemen who can take charge. sure not all will join but at least those who wont join are small in numbers and wont stop the rest from doing it. if the officers dare to issue my company with live ammo and order us against fellow singaporean, i make sure the last thing he see is down the end of a 25mm barrel before i shoot his head off.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.... a S1 paper pusher giving his opinion of his fellow saf ns officers. just because u officers cannot find your asses with a map, that do not mean the enlisted men are as useless as you 9mths wonder of ocs. ptui... u occifiers can hide in your hole, there plenty of riflemen who can take charge. sure not all will join but at least those who wont join are small in numbers and wont stop the rest from doing it. if the officers dare to issue my company with live ammo and order us against fellow singaporean, i make sure the last thing he see is down the end of a 25mm barrel before i shoot his head off.

You are speaking for yourself and I don't doubt that it is what you will do.

But you and I both know that there will always be those who decide to cover their asses instead of thinking about the big picture.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now this i really agree with.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not forgetting S1 is one of the most useless officers or men in the unit.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not forgetting S1 is one of the most useless officers or men in the unit.

So now we are resorting to personal mudslinging and insults?

You disagree with my views, so you insult me based on what little you know? LOL, insulting my reservist vocation is a joke.. it shows you are out of ideas. If I agreed with your views, you will say that S1 is one of the most key personnel in the unit.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Power if the unit lies with the core soliders, not with some smart alecky CPT(NS) who appears to know their brains

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now this i really agree with.

Have you even served NS? If you have, you would know that the S1 is more than just a paper pusher. The S1 has operational duties and is responsible for compiling, maintaining and planning the entire battalion ORBAT. This is an essential task because this information will let the S4 know how much transportation is needed, how much rations, etc. Moreover the S1 also has "human" responsibilities including arranging for the repatriation of dead bodies in the event of war, and liaising with the families of the fallen personnel. Moreover the S1 is also responsible for management and handling of all POWs captured. This is an important task.

In peacetime, the S1 is responsible for things like sending personnel for courses for upgrading, so as to ensure their career development. It is the S1 who sends people for airborne course, jungle confidence course and other vocational courses like QM, RQMS and CQMS course, ammo course, military driving course, logistics officer course, intelligence officer course, company tactics course (for OCs), CSM/RSM course, platoon sergeant course, etc etc. Without the S1, the entire unit will not have the appropriate level of training to perform their tasks.

I suppose this is all "paper work" to you, since you can't appreciate how all this contributes to the operational readiness of a unit.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Power if the unit lies with the core soliders, not with some smart alecky CPT(NS) who appears to know their brains

When did I ever say that I have power over the unit?

I simply said that there are both officers and enlisted men who are more concerned with covering their ass. I have on-the-ground experience as a regular for 4 years. My views are based on actual interaction with people on the ground. What do you know of the situation on the ground?? Two years of NS, of which at least 3 months are spent in training schools, thereby offering zero exposure to the real situation of operational units?

Look, I don't know why you are resorting to personal attacks. We are here to debate views. I am telling you that there will NEVER be a street protest, a military coup, or any kind of uprising against the PAP no matter what it does. You can say that people have had enough, which I agree with. What I do NOT agree with is that they have the will to do anything about it. Whether GST is at 7%, 17% or 77%, there will NEVER be any of the above occurring in Singapore, because of a combination of factors which include fear, cowardice, self-interest and a general lack of desire to question why.

That is why I have decided to emigrate to another country and I will be doing so in August this year. Plans are in place and I already have a good job lined up. The necessary visas are being processed as we speak. I was once very upset with life in Singapore (like you) but I have realised that it is pointless to be bitter and angry, a better option is to just do something about it and take ownership of your own happiness.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It would be 60% versus 40%...I would not take up arms to put down my fellow citizens, shoot me if you want.

On paper the PAP might have the support of the 60% but has anyone looked at who they are & why they voted for the PAP:confused:

Some are the new citizens who will be the 1st to disappear when there are any signs of trouble :wink: Others are the old who voted for LKY because they are living in the past. Some vote for the PAP because of fear.

I think LKY knows this & all his tough talk is just empty threats.

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I have decided to emigrate to another country and I will be doing so in August this year. Plans are in place and I already have a good job lined up. The necessary visas are being processed as we speak. I was once very upset with life in Singapore (like you) but I have realised that it is pointless to be bitter and angry, a better option is to just do something about it and take ownership of your own happiness.

Good luck to you and your plans. Really

But don't EVER give up your Singaporean citizenship. If ICA asks whether you have dual citizenship, just say no. There are thousands of naturalized (a.k.a. "new") Singaporean citizens who hold dual or triple citizenships. Even Yakult's sons have dual citizenship. (cf. Just look at the ultra-rich Ah Tiongs in PRC. They hold dual or triple citizenships even though Chinese laws forbid it.). Two of Pinky's children already are US citizens.

When you have emigrated, please continue to air your views about LEEgime's policies on Singapore's online forums.

Come election time, you may wish to return to Sinkieland to garner support among the electorate for the opposition.