• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sylvia Lim has quitted her job at Temasek Poly to serve as a full-time MP

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A power woman like her going into full time MP is a force not to be reckoned with. PAP will never ever win back Aljunied again. She can easily handle all the sleepy ministers in parliament like she did when she was an NCMP. Now that she is an MP, expect PAP ministers to hold their breath and seat-belt. I can't wait for parliament to open.:biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best place for Zorro Lim to work is in Mediacorp. He is one of the best actors in the cabinet and has good entertainment value. He is the best paid actor in Singapore as for now.

Please lah! Zorro Lim is an asset to the world. He can upturn a downturn just by singing a song. No economist in this world could do that.

Sleepless

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sylvia Lim is not just a Lecturer in Temasek Poly. She is also the Manager for Professional Development. She is also a trained lawyer. I seriously do not think she is paid less than $15,000 at Temasek.

Sylvia Lim Swee Lian
Manager, PDC

After completing her undergraduate studies at NUS and her postgraduate studies in London, Sylvia qualified as a lawyer in 1991.
Having a keen interest in criminal justice and social issues, she joined the Police Force as an Inspector for 3 years and expended energies doing investigation work at Central Police Division and staff work for Director, Criminal Investigation Department.

She returned to practice law in 1994 and was busy doing litigation work in both civil and criminal matters. Civil matters were “cleaner” and usually a matter of commercial sense. However, her heart was always more in the criminal cases. These brought to her some of the greatest satisfactions upon obtaining acquittals, in view of the odds of the system; nevertheless it also brought some of her life’s dark moments and still unresolved dilemmas such as the continued use of the death penalty.

Sylvia has been in TP since October 1998. Besides teaching on the full-time courses, she is also very involved in the teaching and administration of the part-time programmes run by Temasek Polytechnic School of Business, as seen in her appointment as Manager, Professional Development, Temasek Polytechnic School of Business.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
She has put many other MPs in shame. All MPs should put their time and effort to do their role well, to repay the people who supported and look up to them. Trying to do a wishy-wahsy half-past-six appearance once or twice a week is not going to work. SL is a good exemplary leader. :biggrin:

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many PAP MPs are doing same as Sylvia?????? None! Meaning PAP MPs are in it for the money alone!!

katespade3.jpg

Tomarrow I also resign, you all will see hor !

Oh Oh sorry leh, tomarrow Sunday how to resign, sorry leh, take my word back

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
So fucking glad that Sylvia is my MP! Five votes from my family to WP are not wasted. I estimate she earns about 7-9K in the poly.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
So fucking glad that Sylvia is my MP! Five votes from my family to WP are not wasted. I estimate she earns about 7-9K in the poly.

Bro you outdated liao... those were pay scales of yesteryear... today fresh grad starts at 3k plus whereas if you graduate in the 90s it was more like 2k... definitely above 10k

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is dedicated to serve the Aljunied constituents. :smile:

Good news. MM Lee and SM Goh also announced they've resigned from the Cabinet to serve the people in their respective GRCs.

Both MM Lee and SM Goh forfeited their big salary for the people.

Sylvia Lim forfeited her small salary for big salary for the people - or for herself?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compare this with TPL, in her current job, we will not earn more than $4k a month but is now earning a part-time income of $15K. She may quit her job (maybe not as she may lose her MP in the next election) but there is nothing admirable to this.

Don't talk cock lah. Sylvia's poly lecturer's job is a dead end job. TPL's job (more probably between 4-5k) has got more prospects.

Besides, the MP earns $13k and about 2/3 to 1/2 of that has got to be donated to their parties.