• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sylvia Lim has quitted her job at Temasek Poly to serve as a full-time MP

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't talk cock lah. Sylvia's poly lecturer's job is a dead end job. TPL's job (more probably between 4-5k) has got more prospects.

Besides, the MP earns $13k and about 2/3 to 1/2 of that has got to be donated to their parties.

Bro, I know what I'm talking about. If you do not have a clue on pay scale in E&Y, please don't pretend you do.

Donate 2/3 to 1/2 to party? Which is it? Don't guess and pretend you know again. A couple of years back, there was some discussion about CST giving back $500 to his party from his MP allowance.

A poly lecturer friend of mine with a Master was making $9k plus back in 1990s. Use that as a reference and we should be able to gauge Slyvia's minimum monthly draw in TP.

Last edited:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPM job requirement - 100% obedience, provide a shield for PM and family hence in charge of police or judiciary. Good PR credit PM, Bad PR take the fall.

Oh and lay the groundwork for all overseas trips to make sure PM looks well. Check out hotels, food, agenda, make sure agreements already in place just in time for siging ceremony.

The DPM is and will be TCH. May be LHL will not appoint WKS as DPM. If that is the case, LHL may another person as the second DPM. Hopefully not LSS.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you lah. An E&Y partner (reachable) after 15 years makes $500k a year. You know what pay scale in E&Y? And she's not in the audit slavehouse where you drew your $4k salary from.

Sorry, I meant they donated 1/3 to 1/2 their MP pay to their party. I am sure the PAP MPs donate at least 1/3 and LTK I understand donates more than 1/2 (but then again, he gets about $15-20k as a full time town council chairman.

I know the poly's pay scale so don't talk rot about getting $9k as a poly lecturer in the 1990s. You made that number up and you know it (unless your friend was a school director but even then it is extremely high for the 1990s).

Bro, I know what I'm talking about. If you do not have a clue on pay scale in E&Y, please don't pretend you do.

Donate 2/3 to 1/2 to party? Which is it? Don't guess and pretend you know again. A couple of years back, there was some discussion about CST giving back $500 to his party from his MP allowance.

A poly lecturer friend of mine with a Master was making $9k plus back in 1990s. Use that as a reference and we should be able to gauge Slyvia's minimum monthly draw in TP.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not even in 2010, let alone 1990s.

Your poly lecturer friend could have smoked you.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The days of $9k in salaried posts are few and far in-between, especially for locals. In the past, yes. Today, not to my knowledge. Therefore I will hazard a guess that it is unlikely she is getting $9k.

The main point is that she is focusing on making a success in Aljunid and making Aljunid proud to have Singapore's first opposition female member as a Full Minister in the years to come. A step in the right direction. (Especially for those who play gender politics).

She could have kept both salary + MP allowance. Which is what most PAP elected candidates are doing. (Frankly I do not know if there are any PAP elected candidates who serve their constituency full-time. I can definitely say there is no full-time PAP MPs for my estate.) So, thank you, Minister-to-be Sylvia Lim.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to argue until face green green.
Like some countries, make all politicians declared their net worth and income. I doubt any MIWs will be willing to do so.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... A poly lecturer friend of mine with a Master was making $9k plus back in 1990s. Use that as a reference and we should be able to gauge Slyvia's minimum monthly draw in TP.
9k+ oni if he/she's @ least a deputy director ... otherwise, no way ... oso, master or no master, no difference in pay 1 ...

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
katespade3.jpg

Tomarrow I also resign, you all will see hor !

Oh Oh sorry leh, tomarrow Sunday how to resign, sorry leh, take my word back

Uncle botak , she resign and work for you ? how ?

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chao Sinkie Peasants :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

They love Wayang Acts like this :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It's the quality of work that matters in the modern world. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If Sylvia can do a fabulous job in just 1 hour per day through good management of time and manpower, she deserves the $15,000

She doesn't need to be a full-time MP

All just a wayang act :mad::mad::mad:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think MPs in UK serve full-time. I don't see the need for MPs to serve full time as long as they are capable and can add value.

Do you expect someone like Tony Tan Keng Yam to give up his OCBC post and serve as a full time MP (assuming he is not offered the post of Minister) ? By the same token, do you expect Richard Hu or Bills Gates to serve as a full time MP ?

If full time MP becomes an expectation of the electorate, then I'm afraid Singapore will never attract MPs of high calibre - the Tony Tans; the Richard Hus; the Goh Keng Swees.

Full time MP means a lot only to people who earn less than $15,000 a month.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right.

One exception. In a 5-6 man GRC, it is okay to have one full-time MP who can double up as Town Council Chairman/General Manager.

I don't think MPs in UK serve full-time. I don't see the need for MPs to serve full time as long as they are capable and can add value.

Do you expect someone like Tony Tan Keng Yam to give up his OCBC post and serve as a full time MP (assuming he is not offered the post of Minister) ? By the same token, do you expect Richard Hu or Bills Gates to serve as a full time MP ?

If full time MP becomes an expectation of the electorate, then I'm afraid Singapore will never attract MPs of high calibre - the Tony Tans; the Richard Hus; the Goh Keng Swees.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
cass baby, I've been observing....you have been a mouthful recently and it's not because of my dick...I am jealous!:mad:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

By the same token, are all the PAP MPs of the same calibre as Tony Tan, Richard Hu and Bill Gates that they can justify the desire not to leave their permanent job?

I doubt that the electorate expects that of the MPs. They will be delighted though.

Your third point brings it down to self-interest. It may be a point of consideration for the Tony Tans (your perception, not mine) of the day but it need not be a point of consideration for Sylvia Lim. As for her motivation, I do not know. But I know that the residents of Aljunid will be delighted with her decision.

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
9k+ oni if he/she's @ least a deputy director ... otherwise, no way ... oso, master or no master, no difference in pay 1 ...

DD did NOT earn $9k in the 1990s.

He probably doesn't know the difference between Poly lecturer and Uni lecturer.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the same token, are all the PAP MPs of the same calibre as Tony Tan, Richard Hu and Bill Gates that they can justify the desire not to leave their permanent job?

They don't have to justify. In the first place, MP is not a permanent job. It's the people who want to make it their permanent job who are attempting to justify.