• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

pappy newbie say he able to connect with heartlanders becos he eat at A&W woh!

jw5

Loyal
One can only connect with heartlanders if one is able to sit and mingle in the kpts and hawker centres and feel completely at ease. I can think of 2 PAP chaps who qualify for this - Ong Ah Heng and Ang Mong Seng. The rest only wayang.

Why you choose the 2 most ugly ones? :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Now can see more Subway outlet in most of the place. Just few year already more than KFC outlet I think. Maybe another few year will overtake McD.

There was a recent news report that Subway has already overtaken McD in terms of number of outlets worldwide.
It could be the same for individual countries soon.

Btw, the last A&W in the city was probably at Funan Centre, don't think it was ever at Peninsular.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last one was at Tampines, not in the main central but inside the neighbourhood central. They chose to open there because alot of malay residents.
A&W also had 1 sml outlet @ the basement of bugis junction. when u take the escalator up to the basement, you can see it. i tink juz oppo the atm.
not sure this cls down first or the tamp one.:smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a recent news report that Subway has already overtaken McD in terms of number of outlets worldwide.

Btw, the last A&W in the city was probably at Funan Centre, don't think it was ever at Peninsular.

Basement of Peninsular i remembered Burger King........many mat bikers hang there in the weekends during the bikers gangs era.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A&W closed down donkey years ago.
That bukit timah outlet was never a heartlander hangout due to it's location.
How out of touch can you get?

hi there

1. new sheep using some useless analogy.
2. how to trust such specimen.
3. eating at some joint is interaction.
4. go and eat grass mah!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
but i still remember their stupid bear

AW-bear.gif

i remember they even had a water tumbler in the shape of this bear in the 80s :o:o:o

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
LJS made a comeback aft disappearing for quite sometime n they actually doin quite well now... Hmmm looks like somebody need to franchise A&W back to sinkieland... :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is Penisular Plaza in basement. I remember correctly. Because last time I take course there every week sure eat. 2001 still there. Now gone.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there was A & W in bedok central, next to the library. Eat there a couple of times with parents. In fact, it the only fast food that my father will bring us to makan. But then only a few time. As a individual, i only patronise A & W a few times, schooling time, pocket money CMI, by the time out in the society, they already closed down.:(

Very sad to hear this. At least you still remember hang out time with your father. Too bad try to get back the taste of memory but close down.

jw5

Loyal
Is Penisular Plaza in basement. I remember correctly. Because last time I take course there every week sure eat. 2001 still there. Now gone.

Friendly reminder that Peninisular Plaza basement had a Burger King and Peninsular Centre is next to Funan Centre which had an A&W in the basement. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
I don't see bikers. I see Myanmese chaps high on cough mixture!

Perhaps these are the people the young pap candidates should be interacting with, so as to confirm once and for all that foreigners are good for SG.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember they even had a water tumbler in the shape of this bear in the 80s :o:o:o

haha. i remember buying a "limited edition" root beer mug at their Laupatsat outlet in 2001. guess i already knew a&w was on its last legs then.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Friendly reminder that Peninisular Plaza basement had a Burger King and Peninsular Centre is next to Funan Centre which had an A&W in the basement. :wink:

Was there an A&W at Peninsular Shopping Centre..basement? I know the one at Funan Cantre. I really missed that Burger King at Peninisular Plaza, it was part of the ambience, was suprised to see a Myanmar food establishement there, after not been that area for a while. I had been eating at Burger King there for ages...even know the layout by heart & even dated my girl friend there...when it was new...Burger King that is!:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Was there an A&W at Peninsular Shopping Centre..basement? I know the one at Funan Cantre. I really missed that Burger King at Peninisular Plaza, it was part of the ambience, was suprised to see a Myanmar food establishement there, after not been that area for a while. I had been eating at Burger King there for ages...even know the layout by heart & even dated my girl friend there...when it was new...Burger King that is!:biggrin:

Bro Cestbon says there was an A&W at Peninsular Plaza basement.
I'm saying there was one at Funan Centre basement, and am trying to explain that he may have mistaken Funan for one of the Peninsulars. :wink:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Cestbon says there was an A&W at Peninsular Plaza basement.
I'm saying there was one at Funan Centre basement, and am trying to explain that he may have mistaken Funan for one of the Peninsulars. :wink:

I know clearly which Funan-(selling PC/software/electrical), Penisular Plaza is very tall Building the car park need to take lift(car go into lift).
Is Penisular Plaza now become Myanmar centre.