• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

pappy newbie say he able to connect with heartlanders becos he eat at A&W woh!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
dis pappy newbie desmond lee is a real joker, he told tnp reporter dat he is able to connect with heartlanders becos he often eat at A&W in bukit timah when he was young.. wat a damn joker, i wonder how many heartlander can afford to stay at bukit timah to eat A&W there...
sign0003.gif
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

5l31hg.jpg

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Lee, go fuck dog la! Nowadays poor people dun even have money to eat fastfood!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A&W closed down donkey years ago.
That bukit timah outlet was never a heartlander hangout due to it's location.
How out of touch can you get?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I will believe him more if he says that he ate A&W at Bukit Merah Central instead of Bukit Timah...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
i miss a&W root beer float with frozen mugs.

Hey Singveld, you know, we missed it too. The very first visit we had in JB years, the thing we did after looking at houses, etc? We went straight to A&W and had our lunch and dinner at A&W. We did this over the next 4 visits. Its the only place near to SG that we can still get this.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still remenered Tuesdays were Coney Dog day.
Special price for that day. I liked the curly fries too but I think that was added to the menu much later.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A&W closed down donkey years ago.
That bukit timah outlet was never a heartlander hangout due to it's location.
How out of touch can you get?

This A&W outlet was shut down at least 20-25 years ago. 30 yrs also possible. Desmond was probably there as a baby. Connect with heartlanders? Kong smlj? Want to lie also must do so in style. If this small part has to lie, can bet your life Ah Lee will continue lying until he step down. Pathological liar.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The outlet was THE place to eat and drink after soccer games across the road. Most unique location with canal underneath.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Goldendragon, hear hear, you are spot on. Pity no more points to up you for today.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes the coney dog with ice cold root beer with float on top. Things were ok until they were adding nasi lemak, etc to their menu.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Connecting with the people meaning eating at A & W fastfood? He made himself sound like he is a rare breed who ate in fastfood. May be he is also referrring to other LKY wannabes who don't mingle with people in this society and ate in high class restaurant or SGD50K home-made french food. Than again, the endless photos of PAP newbies put up by Straits Times painted otherwise, these so-called PAP "material" looks so ordinary and almost like cry-baby to me. They need help from the voters to bring them into parlament so that they can milk (like a baby) from the voters in return.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i miss a&W root beer float with frozen mugs.

Coney dog, wash down with a frothy jug of A& W root beer...yummy!. I would walk, almost every tuesday from Raffles Place to Funan Centre to have my coney dog, at a special price.

I eat at A&W Upper Thomson Rd, now known as The Long House & that A&W opposite the Old University of SINgapore...now a flyover..guess I am so connected to the heartlanders....if there were any during my time...most were from the people living around A&W's or that at the U, students....:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
This young man is hilarious. His father was never so funny.
Is he not aware that the A&W restaurant he's referring to was a drive-in, and that it was located smack in the middle of Bukit Timah Road, with nary a hdb flat in sight? Did he really think that all heartlanders owned a car or would take a bus all the way there to eat a coney dog and root beer?
He should come down from his ivory tower and stop eating with his silver spoon. Otherwise he will just be very confused wondering why ordinary people have got so many problems.

Last edited:

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember those times when they even hav pizzas on their menu... Those were the days.. Now whenever i ride up to KL i will make it an obligation to stop at ayer keroh for some A&W treats.. :smile:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I eat at A&W Upper Thomson Rd, now known as The Long House & that A&W opposite the Old University of SINgapore...now a flyover..guess I am so connected to the heartlanders....if there were any during my time...

i do my a&w at cathay.

well a&w still alive in US of A.