• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

pappy newbie say he able to connect with heartlanders becos he eat at A&W woh!

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Situation looks rocky but I believe it should come under control soon. Anyway, the radiation scare is over-exaggerated. Hiroshima and Nagasaki all suffered direct effects of radiation before. That is even worse.

Guess you're right. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were weapon-grade radiation. That's something I learned from Ramseth. There's a huge difference between energy-grade and weapon-grade nukes.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess you're right. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were weapon-grade radiation. That's something I learned from Ramseth. There's a huge difference between energy-grade and weapon-grade nukes.

All it takes is one media outlet to spread fear that radiation is like the black death and everybody starts to panic with a little increase in level. Smoking also produces radiation but I doubt any smoker died from radiation yet. :cool:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
All it takes is one media outlet to spread fear that radiation is like the black death and everybody starts to panic with a little increase in level. Smoking also produces radiation but I doubt any smoker died from radiation yet. :cool:

I haven't heard of anybody died from being X-rayed, only saved. That's enough direct radiation to make your body transparent to camera.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I get my 'fix' at Suria KLCC, whenever I am in KL, wonder why A&W quit SINgapore. All theie outlets are all a memory, the one at Upper Thomson Rd., the driv-in at B Timah, Cathay, Funan Centre & where else?

But I do not know if eating there connects me to the heartlanders??:p like someone here mentioned, if you dine at B Timah or Upper Thomson ( now Long House), back in those days....you would hardly see any HDB dwellers there & if I were to be like Samanta, I would like to tell the HDB heartlanders..."get back, get back to where you belong"...ha ha:biggrin:

Ah Halsey, where else. Don't forget the A & W outlet in katong in the row of shophouses on the same side of the street as katong Shopping centre. It was the hangout place for all the Katong area schools like St Pats, KC, etc. Years later, i found out how they made their coney dogs. They used the left over burger patties they could not sell the day before, chop it up, and add to the sauce. LOL

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This young man is hilarious. His father was never so funny.
Is he not aware that the A&W restaurant he's referring to was a drive-in, and that it was located smack in the middle of Bukit Timah Road, with nary a hdb flat in sight? Did he really think that all heartlanders owned a car or would take a bus all the way there to eat a coney dog and root beer?
He should come down from his ivory tower and stop eating with his silver spoon. Otherwise he will just be very confused wondering why ordinary people have got so many problems.

I really worry for the future of this little island with morons like these aspiring to lead the country into the future. It shows his utter lack of touch with heartlanders. A&W @ Bt Timah is the fav joint for people like Vivian Balakrishnan, Sundaresh Menon (in their younger days)and all those elitists who hailed from NJC HJC & other top schools around the area dotted with landed properties. Not a single HDB flat in sight! Is he blind or what? SM Goh coined the term heartlander specifically to mean those living in HDB flats. Whether it's A&W,KFC or wat not, exclusive Bt Timah is where u find millionaire ministers & top honchos in commerce & industry! Stoopiak really! :rolleyes::mad:

jw5

Loyal
I really worry for the future of this little island with morons like these aspiring to lead the country into the future. It shows his utter lack of touch with heartlanders. A&W @ Bt Timah is the fav joint for people like Vivian Balakrishnan, Sundaresh Menon (in their younger days)and all those elitists who hailed from NJC HJC & other top schools around the area dotted with landed properties. Not a single HDB flat in sight! Is he blind or what? SM Goh coined the term heartlander specifically to mean those living in HDB flats. Whether it's A&W,KFC or wat not, exclusive Bt Timah is where u find millionaire ministers & top honchos in commerce & industry! Stoopiak really! :rolleyes::mad:

His father was actually one of the more humble and unassuming ministars who didn't irritate me to the core.
Hopefully, this was just a slip of the tongue by the young man.
A piece of advice for him is that he doesn't need to show that he has connected with heartlanders or that he can connect with them.
Just show that he can from now on and help as many ordinary people as possible. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Words and analogies especially wrong ones don't mean shit.