• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

pappy newbie say he able to connect with heartlanders becos he eat at A&W woh!

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone renember Orange Julius?
They had some mean hotdogs as well.

i like orange julius.:wink:
usually will buy 1 and bring into the cinema.:biggrin:

I liked Orange Julius too at old Orchard and old Cathay cinemas. Their orange blend was unique, couldn't find elsewhere. Their hotdog was also better than A&W. The one at old Ochard is best as it's inside the old Jackie's bowl. Played bowling with OJ drink and dog was a favorite passtime when waiting for a movie to start. :smile:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
some american die hard fans in this forum once said 'fast food are for peasants' , but how come his beloved america is so freaking filled with fast food joints?? if we are familiar with economics, supply = demand. since population of fast food joints (supply) in america are high, we can imply that population of peasants (demand) are equally high..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, burger so-so only. I prefer BK's.

Read somewhere years ago that the red and yellow of McDonalds was chosen coz it 'attracts' the kids' attention and easier for them to recall and visualise.

When they opened their 1st outlet at Liat Towers in 1977 or 1978, my friends and I said sure won't last long. Why pay more for burgers when there is chicken rice, char kway teow, nasi padang etc. Never expected them to be so successful when first had their burger.

Yeah!, used to buy a McD milkshake & apple pie, sit by the windows & watch the girls go by...it didn't flood back then...Liat Tower's McD that is..

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah!, used to buy a McD milkshake & apple pie, sit by the windows & watch the girls go by...it didn't flood back then...Liat Tower's McD that is..

Milkshakes seem have gone out of fashion. Those good old days, there were the best.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mcdonalds burger is horrible. The only reason I buy it is because of its relative cheapness compared to other fast food outlets. Not to mention, hawker food prices are rising and unable to fulfill a stomach compared to a 4.50 meal in Mac.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mcdonalds burger is horrible. The only reason I buy it is because of its relative cheapness compared to other fast food outlets. Not to mention, hawker food prices are rising and unable to fulfill a stomach compared to a 4.50 meal in Mac.

I only eat two things at McD - fish burgers and french fries. The rest of the burgers are very bad. For beef burgers, BK is much better. For chicken burgers KFC is alright, but KFC chicken pieces suck like chicken carcass recovered from sewage. If you want chicken pieces like wings, drumsticks, thighs and breasts, go to hawker or pasar malam much better.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only eat two things at McD - fish burgers and french fries. The rest of the burgers are very bad. For beef burgers, BK is much better. For chicken burgers KFC is alright, but KFC chicken pieces suck like chicken carcass recovered from sewage. If you want chicken pieces like wings, drumsticks, thighs and breasts, go to hawker or pasar malam much better.

Fillet o' Fish? You could have made the burger on your own if you know which fish fillet and tartar sauce to buy. That has to be the worst burger in terms of value. Small and barely filling. Zinger burger is supreme but don't bother trying their Meltz or Bandito.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fillet o' Fish? You could have made the burger on your own if you know which fish fillet and tartar sauce to buy. That has to be the worst burger in terms of value. Small and barely filling. Zinger burger is supreme but don't bother trying their Meltz or Bandito.

My wife buy the fillet and bun from supermarket and cook it occasionally, the fish fillet burger, but not possible too often. Yes, the KFC Zinger is good. It's the only thing I'll eat at KFC. Nowadays, even their coleslaw and mashed potato suck. :(

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife buy the fillet and bun from supermarket and cook it occasionally, the fish fillet burger, but not possible too often. Yes, the KFC Zinger is good. It's the only thing I'll eat at KFC. Nowadays, even their coleslaw and mashed potato suck. :(

I always heard from friends that the Malaysian branches of KFC taste 10x better than here and cheaper. Sucks to be an import-dependent nation.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always heard from friends that the Malaysian branches of KFC taste 10x better than here and cheaper. Sucks to be an import-dependent nation.

Yes, Malaysian, Thai and US KFC chicken pieces taste alright. Singapore is the international KFC pariah.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese good integrity with upkeeping standards, but now radiation worries. :(

Situation looks rocky but I believe it should come under control soon. Anyway, the radiation scare is over-exaggerated. Hiroshima and Nagasaki all suffered direct effects of radiation before. That is even worse.