• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

pappy newbie say he able to connect with heartlanders becos he eat at A&W woh!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Connecting with the people meaning eating at A & W fastfood?

One can only connect with heartlanders if one is able to sit and mingle in the kpts and hawker centres and feel completely at ease. I can think of 2 PAP chaps who qualify for this - Ong Ah Heng and Ang Mong Seng. The rest only wayang.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One can only connect with heartlanders if one is able to sit and mingle in the kpts and hawker centres and feel completely at ease. I can think of 2 PAP chaps who qualify for this - Ong Ah Heng and Ang Mong Seng. The rest only wayang.

Yes, Ang Mong Seng is a nice chap. But too bad he is with the dark side.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i do my a&w at cathay.

well a&w still alive in US of A.

I get my 'fix' at Suria KLCC, whenever I am in KL, wonder why A&W quit SINgapore. All theie outlets are all a memory, the one at Upper Thomson Rd., the driv-in at B Timah, Cathay, Funan Centre & where else?

But I do not know if eating there connects me to the heartlanders??:p like someone here mentioned, if you dine at B Timah or Upper Thomson ( now Long House), back in those days....you would hardly see any HDB dwellers there & if I were to be like Samanta, I would like to tell the HDB heartlanders..."get back, get back to where you belong"...ha ha:biggrin:

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee : I stand corrected, in those days, heartlanders were going to A&W, trust me. If the heartlanders are going to restaurants nowadays, they are making progress.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
images

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If A&W close down liao, then how he connect with heartlanders now leh? Is he talking cock?

Back in 2000, I used to work for a company that had some links to A&W. Think they had a Mat CEO before that and they were losing money by the truckload. They then appointed a Chinese guy to take over and they started losing less money but it still didn't stop them from closing down. The entire company folded at after I left my company. Maybe they reopen some branches since, I dun know but as far as I know(someone pls let me know if they did), A&W does not exist in SG anymore

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK found it

Singapore

The first A&W store opened at Dunearn Road in Singapore in 1966 as the first fast food restaurant from the U.S.A. in that country. The chain expanded in the later years, including one at Singapore Zoo which closed in 1999. The chain's Singapore operations dwindled by the beginning of the 21st century, and by 2002 it had only 7 outlets around the island. A&W finally closed in 2005.

5 years after its closure , Singaporeans are Petitioning online via social media for the fast food outlet to re-open its outlets in Singapore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26W_Restaurants#Singapore

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A&W gone does he know that.Still said that he connected to heartlanders done even know what is happening.
Now I cant even find A&W outlet in Singapore. Why it cannot survive. I like the hot dog and rootbeer float.
Nearest is in JB.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I cant even find A&W outlet in Singapore. Why it cannot survive. I like the hot dog and rootbeer float.
Nearest is in JB.

At the time some idiot thought it was a good idea to sell shitty Nasi Lemak at A&W!!!! Then they started turning off the air conditioning at some branches to save cost. I'd be surprise if it didn't close down.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
used to frequent the branch at thomson when i was still in primary school. standard order was the papa burger. too young to read the menu then.

but i still remember their stupid bear

AW-bear.gif

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
used to frequent the branch at thomson when i was still in primary school. standard order was the papa burger. too young to read the menu then.

but i still remember their stupid bear

AW-bear.gif

The A&W bear reminds me of another iconic bear of yesteryear......the Icee bear......Icee was the precursor to the 7-11 slurpee

IceeA.jpg

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the time some idiot thought it was a good idea to sell shitty Nasi Lemak at A&W!!!! Then they started turning off the air conditioning at some branches to save cost. I'd be surprise if it didn't close down.

Sell nasi lemak was the stupid ideas. That fellow bring down the A&W in Singapore. One person decision kill off whole franchise in Singapore.
A&W should just stick to it hotdog, rootbeer and curly fries. That is their best signature food.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now can see more Subway outlet in most of the place. Just few year already more than KFC outlet I think. Maybe another few year will overtake McD.