• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

pappy newbie say he able to connect with heartlanders becos he eat at A&W woh!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now can see more Subway outlet in most of the place. Just few year already more than KFC outlet I think. Maybe another few year will overtake McD.

speaking of that subway, how could they still possible market themselves as healthy with all those fattening toppings, 2 very big buns, very huge content overall??

looks extremely unhealthy to me.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sell nasi lemak was the stupid ideas. That fellow bring down the A&W in Singapore. One person decision kill off whole franchise in Singapore.
A&W should just stick to it hotdog, rootbeer and curly fries. That is their best signature food.

They were here earlier than McDonalds, BK and KFC. Yet mati-ed years ago. Wonder why McDonalds succeeded when A&W failed to progress.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
any1 remember hardees and wendys (parkway parade) and dennys at marine parade?

wendys make a comeback to sg. hardees and dennys disappear liao.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was also a Texas Chicken. The Taste of the chicken were not as good as KFC but the protions were freaking huge

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Denny's was good. Even Ponderosa, Sizzler and the likes cannot beat them.
I used to stay in Holland and ate there regularly. The manager was my firned and i was the only customer that can order the normal menu during breakfast.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hardees was at the basement of the building next to Lido
Wendy's was at Far East Plaza, order the single serve salad and went for multiple servings :biggrin:
Went they came back in i was one of the first to try them at Lau Pa Sat.......knn no more salad and the chilly not taste like last time liao.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was also a Texas Chicken. The Taste of the chicken were not as good as KFC but the protions were freaking huge

Remembered the one at Wisma. I actually prefer their chicken to KFC. Now there is one call Broaster's opening in Singapore but i think cannot survive even though they are not bad.
Sinkies like big names and won't give these other brands a chance.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Pizzas it was Milano's and Shaky's

Milano's was individual franchise thus the restaurants were very different in service standards. My favourite was the one in Lucky Plaza ran by an old couple. Very nice people who treated their customers as their friends.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were here earlier than McDonalds, BK and KFC. Yet mati-ed years ago. Wonder why McDonalds succeeded when A&W failed to progress.

McD burger is so so. But the fries is best in it class, drink just regular coke not different . It success because have HAPPY MEAL and also advertisement.
If you ask kids to choose McD/KFC/BK. 80% will choose McD because Happy Meal have toy. McD do it very sucessful keep on changing toy so they kids will not be bore. Everytime in their mind eat McD have free toy.
Kids also like fries. If kids choose McD mean whole family will go McD.
Whose is that budger give ideas sell nasi lemak in A&W. KNNBCCB.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only A & W at Bukit Timah is located near the old Swiss Cottage Sec School and ACS. Its a rich man territory.

Obviously he also did not know that the last A & W in Singapore was closed down before 2000. How can he connect with Singaporeans when he eats at where they rejected.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
McD burger is so so. But the fries is best in it class, drink just regular coke not different . It success because have HAPPY MEAL and also advertisement.

Yes, burger so-so only. I prefer BK's.

Read somewhere years ago that the red and yellow of McDonalds was chosen coz it 'attracts' the kids' attention and easier for them to recall and visualise.

When they opened their 1st outlet at Liat Towers in 1977 or 1978, my friends and I said sure won't last long. Why pay more for burgers when there is chicken rice, char kway teow, nasi padang etc. Never expected them to be so successful when first had their burger.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only A & W at Bukit Timah is located near the old Swiss Cottage Sec School and ACS. Its a rich man territory.

Obviously he also did not know that the last A & W in Singapore was closed down before 2000. How can he connect with Singaporeans when he eats at where they rejected.

Last A&W close down in 2005 lah. I already posted the link earlier

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think the last one is in the city Penisular Plaza on the basement. I always try to have the meal at A&W when I going there or nearby.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it was located further up Dunearn Rd, opposite the soccer field where NIE stands today. One Root Beer was never enough after a soccer game.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the last one is in the city Penisular Plaza on the basement. I always try to have the meal at A&W when I going there or nearby.

The last one was at Tampines, not in the main central but inside the neighbourhood central. They chose to open there because alot of malay residents.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it should be connect more, connect less, connect more, connect less........deposit and disconnect.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, burger so-so only. I prefer BK's.

Read somewhere years ago that the red and yellow of McDonalds was chosen coz it 'attracts' the kids' attention and easier for them to recall and visualise.

When they opened their 1st outlet at Liat Towers in 1977 or 1978, my friends and I said sure won't last long. Why pay more for burgers when there is chicken rice, char kway teow, nasi padang etc. Never expected them to be so successful when first had their burger.
MacDonalds overseas more variety. Local version do not bring in alot of the other items on the menu. Just like those car dealerships who only import that same old few models.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last one was at Tampines, not in the main central but inside the neighbourhood central. They chose to open there because alot of malay residents.

Malay how do they feel then they order the XXXDOG. They are forbidden to toush the dog and pig.