• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

need advice on Masters

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't have to go abroad and overspent (then owe money to relatives or banks).

There're many accredited part-time master courses available in Singapore.

Dun worry, he wun be doing his masters. No one will lend money to a taxi driver for him to pursue postgrad education.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
To do business, I can talk cock and do sales but I dun have the connection. To be an entrepreneur, I dun have the leadership capabilities to spearhead, I need to be led and fluorish from there.

Dun have network can build. Want to do well in sales, better know yr stuffs well and sharpen yr sales technique. Do you know what is wrong with you, you are constantly looking for reasons for cover all yr screwed up.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear bro krafty ,

i can understand how you feel...

if you have a religion eg u r a christian

then try asking God to lead you to full-time minsitries ...

Go study for master in divinity or theology or related ...

Half life on earth gone ... time to prepare for eternity ...

and do something good to mankind and repay the society

whatever u want to call it ...

but if you want to be another Ah Beng then be the

one of the best Ah Beng in town ...lastly do not

be bother by what other people think of you !!!

Because all men and women finally destination is

Mandai Cremantorium and if they can afford it it may

be anothe 30 years at Choa Chu Kang ... Just be who u are

and do what u do best ... all of us final go to Mandai , we

cant escape ...:biggrin:

yes agreed ...start a church and make big money ...no doubt on this ..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dun have network can build. Want to do well in sales, better know yr stuffs well and sharpen yr sales technique. Do you know what is wrong with you, you are constantly looking for reasons for cover all yr screwed up.

Change is such hard work for him :wink: .If he don't like something, he should change it. If he can't change it, then must change his attitude. Don't complain.

It's the most unhappy people who most fear change. :wink:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they dun have the course locally and I dun want to be cooped up in sinkie land.

You don't have to go abroad and overspent (then owe money to relatives or banks).

There're many accredited part-time master courses available in Singapore.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was associate member of the IEE but I "keh kiang" go and do IT, now stucked. So if I want to rejoin Fortune 500 companies, i need to get a masters to do that.

For your case, either be at least a qualified accountant or be in the health care industry.

With engineering background, should strive to be a PE. Why masters?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they dun have the course locally and I dun want to be cooped up in sinkie land.

If you want to choose the course and the school, and can raise the funds, I wish you good luck. Just think it over properly first before committing.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are right in a way!:-) But before handing over my IC, I hope to accomplish something and not live with regrets.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear bro krafty ,

i can understand how you feel...

if you have a religion eg u r a christian

then try asking God to lead you to full-time minsitries ...

Go study for master in divinity or theology or related ...

Half life on earth gone ... time to prepare for eternity ...

and do something good to mankind and repay the society

whatever u want to call it ...

but if you want to be another Ah Beng then be the

one of the best Ah Beng in town ...lastly do not

be bother by what other people think of you !!!

Because all men and women finally destination is

Mandai Cremantorium and if they can afford it it may

be anothe 30 years at Choa Chu Kang ... Just be who u are

and do what u do best ... all of us final go to Mandai , we

cant escape ...:biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes,i have my network of friends but when come to business,all seem so practical. All kiasu, scared i do better than them even when both parties stand to gain.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For a lot of people, the monthly paycheck is "take-home pay" because home is the only place they can afford to go with it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yes,i have my network of friends but when come to business,all seem so practical. All kiasu, scared i do better than them even when both parties stand to gain.

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. :smile:

Success or failure in business is caused more by the mental attitude even than by mental capacities.

Last edited:

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal
To the thread starter:

Do you have programming skills? Say web development, application development etc. If you have take a look at rentacoder.com or virtualworker.com. They have freelancing software jobs where each successfully completed project can easily fetch you USD 300-500. Complete a few in a month and you got what would be the full time salary of an employed IT dude.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to be satisfied after a difficult task. :o

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. :smile:

Success or failure in business is caused more by the mental attitude even than by mental capacities.

loudhailer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know of any university that offers M.Taxidriving.

hi,bros,

ya, i know it's me again! this time i have a question on doing my masters in States for a year and find work there,eventually get a green card. What you guys think? is 36 years of age too old to do masters?

I know situation in states is not rosy but I dun like the life here in sinkiepore. I want well balance and quality life.

genuine advice please. trouble makers and jealous pple please buzz off.:smile:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, poly days, i did assembly language for project;

C++ was part of curriculum

Perl for CGI - My Uni's project

But that was more than a decade ago...

To the thread starter:

Do you have programming skills? Say web development, application development etc. If you have take a look at rentacoder.com or virtualworker.com. They have freelancing software jobs where each successfully completed project can easily fetch you USD 300-500. Complete a few in a month and you got what would be the full time salary of an employed IT dude.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I want to be satisfied after a difficult task. :o

Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.
To succeed in business it is necessary to make others see things as you see them. try to convice your friends or your customers:smile:

The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed .:smile: good luck !!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest, get an accounts degree and join an audit firm to be their IT audit consultant. Like that you can go anywhere.:smile:

I was associate member of the IEE but I "keh kiang" go and do IT, now stucked. So if I want to rejoin Fortune 500 companies, i need to get a masters to do that.