• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

need advice on Masters

loudhailer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro krafty,

I just come back from California USA two months ago. Now the US Custom there do not welcome foreigners seeking jobs there or want to entrol in their universities there. In Silicon Valley, hugh laying-off in many MNCs there and there are only temp jobs available for the locals in the West Coast.

Better paid salaries jobs in US now is shifted to PRC, India & even Singapore.

Sorry to say.. not advisable to study in USA now.

They have cabs right? :biggrin:

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have cabs right? :biggrin:

Yes.. only lowly educated Black guys & Latin American guys drive cabs there.

Also hiring taxi services in US is not good business because all locals owned cars.

Taxi drivers only earn from visitors from other US states :o

And also to rent a car there daily rate is only USD 20 excluding 9.25% California tax

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hey, but at least i am telling my experience,up to you to think if i am telling the truth. I am not those who keep on bragging or telling pple how good they are and so on. Sounds familiar hor, Ram???*bro,just kidding.*

Oh yeah, the new adventures of an 36 year old emo kid.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read today's paper that like TS the late Robin Loh was a taxi driver before he went on to build his business empire in the marine industry. Guess the golden age of that period has long passed us and this piece of land is becoming less and less of being a land of opportunity.

loudhailer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read today's paper that like TS the late Robin Loh was a taxi driver before he went on to build his business empire in the marine industry. Guess the golden age of that period has long passed us and this piece of land is becoming less and less of being a land of opportunity.

Opportunities are always there. They are just different because the old "opportunities" have already been exploited. But that is one success story among how many thousand taxi drivers? 50 years from now there will still be a story of another taxi driver who become a millionaire.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm... no wonder my secondary classmate did not reply to me after I emailed him last week. He gave up his sporean citizhenship and became a chinese american. What you put up here is really useful for my decision making. many thanks!:smile:

Hi bro krafty,

I just come back from California USA two months ago. Now the US Custom there do not welcome foreigners seeking jobs there or want to entrol in their universities there. In Silicon Valley, hugh laying-off in many MNCs there and there are only temp jobs available for the locals in the West Coast.

Better paid salaries jobs in US now is shifted to PRC, India & even Singapore.

Sorry to say.. not advisable to study in USA now.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the reason being I prefer to be sincere and trusting to pple, I dun like to be suspicious.:rolleyes:

this krafty is like a pri 6 kid

u tell him something good he will listen
u tell him something bad he will also listen

so gullible
no wonder your colleagues made u a scapegoat for isd

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm... no wonder my secondary classmate did not reply to me after I emailed him last week. He gave up his sporean citizhenship and became a chinese american. What you put up here is really useful for my decision making. many thanks!:smile:

Unless our country really cannot provide us anything then I will consider moving out for good :p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are an engineer qualified in UK. You should not have any problems with Maths and Science. Giving tuition to education mad singapore should be easy. A good tuition teacher can earn from $6K tto $12K easy. Here are the steps
1)Set aside table and chairs. Create a conducive environment
2)Print flyer and distribute in your block and a few other blocks.
3) Set 4 weekdays aside to run your sessions. The remaining 3 days including weekend is yours.
4) The 1st year is the hardest, the rest is auto pilot

Remember engineers are highly saleable as tuition teachers.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey,scrooby,thanks! had a friend who is doing this and was on the papers before. I had taught tuition before but dun quite like it cos' it's not my interest. I prefer to do my engineering trade.

You are an engineer qualified in UK. You should not have any problems with Maths and Science. Giving tuition to education mad singapore should be easy. A good tuition teacher can earn from $6K tto $12K easy. Here are the steps
1)Set aside table and chairs. Create a conducive environment
2)Print flyer and distribute in your block and a few other blocks.
3) Set 4 weekdays aside to run your sessions. The remaining 3 days including weekend is yours.
4) The 1st year is the hardest, the rest is auto pilot

Remember engineers are highly saleable as tuition teachers.

loudhailer

Alfrescian
Loyal
You practice mechanical engineering in your cab?

hey,scrooby,thanks! had a friend who is doing this and was on the papers before. I had taught tuition before but dun quite like it cos' it's not my interest. I prefer to do my engineering trade.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey,middy,thanks for the offer. But why will a construction site require a EEE Engineer? The last I know of, I was involved in the Fort Canning Tunnel construction as they installed some network monitoring system, I was located at the site office then.

okay, then come, be resident engineer at my construction site :biggrin:

I am looking for one

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey,middy,thanks for the offer. But why will a construction site require a EEE Engineer? The last I know of, I was involved in the Fort Canning Tunnel construction as they installed some network monitoring system, I was located at the site office then.

I thought the last they seen of you was at Nicoll Highway Circle Line construction site collapse. :eek: :biggrin:

M

Mdm Tang

I want to be a more useful person in life and I believe that I can. Although I have met with setbacks in my life. I want to achieve more.
I am ambitious and greedy,you can say that. Frankly, there is nothing wrong driving a cab but long term, it will be toll on your health. Imagine sitting in air con cab for 12 hours or more. I think it's not advisable. That's why I have been jogging for the past 4 weeks.

Moreover, I am under a lot of peer pressure. Even my childhood friends look down on me and dun want to go out with me. I have problems finding a girlfriend when I told them that I am driving a cab. My own brother also see me no up. I am very discouraged easily because of that.:(

Aug 31, 2010

Tycoon passes away at 81

By Jonathan Kwok

SINGAPORE tycoon Robin Loh, who used to run a shipyard here, passed away on Saturday after suffering from breathing difficulties on a flight to Hong Kong. He was 81.

Dr Loh had contributed significantly to the Singapore economy during its early years of industralisation, and has a road named after him.

The Shin Min Daily News reported that Dr Loh had been combating illnesses such as Parkinson's disease before he passed away.

Dr Loh was born in Indonesia and moved to Singapore in the 1950s. He started here as a taxi driver, but the self-made man managed to set up Robin Shipyard in the early 1970s as Singapore was industralising.

Other than the building of rigs and ships, Dr Loh also went into the businesses of shipping, oil drilling, banking, insurance, hotels and property.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for the inspiring article, bro Tang. I know myself better, I am better off driving cab for life. It's not that I dun crave to succeed but I have too many things in hand.:(

Aug 31, 2010

Tycoon passes away at 81

By Jonathan Kwok

SINGAPORE tycoon Robin Loh, who used to run a shipyard here, passed away on Saturday after suffering from breathing difficulties on a flight to Hong Kong. He was 81.

Dr Loh had contributed significantly to the Singapore economy during its early years of industralisation, and has a road named after him.

The Shin Min Daily News reported that Dr Loh had been combating illnesses such as Parkinson's disease before he passed away.

Dr Loh was born in Indonesia and moved to Singapore in the 1950s. He started here as a taxi driver, but the self-made man managed to set up Robin Shipyard in the early 1970s as Singapore was industralising.

Other than the building of rigs and ships, Dr Loh also went into the businesses of shipping, oil drilling, banking, insurance, hotels and property.