• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong's stellar military career

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Your version is the correct version. I have relatives that were in commandoes during the rescue attempt. Hero Gay Loong tamat the whole after noon, gabra like fuck, don't know what to do.
---------

The helo rescue should have been done immediately during daylight hours. But I just want to correct u on a couple of things. The Aussie RSN pilot Ledger was actually a very experienced Bell 212 pilot. Although the RSAF started operating the 212 in 1977, they only had 3, and so I am not too sure how many hours the Singapore pilots had build up by than on this type. In any case, the RAN seconded him to train RSAF 212 crews, which leads me to believe that not many SIngapore pilots might have reached instructor level on this type. Ledger was already an 11 year veteran with the RAN by the time he did the rescue. Like in real professional armies, rank is attained slowly. So, even though he held a Lt rank, he would have been BG in SIngapore. LOL. Also, while in Australia, he had carried out night time rescue in gusty wind, so he was the best available at that time, not because he was ang mo and tua kee, or that the base commander wanted to go angmo.

Aussies performing routine rescues in the recent floods (post cyclone in windy conditions) - they experience this sort of shit every year, not once in 50 years like Sinkingpore

Gay Loong cabra like fuck? It isn't the first time I've heard that story from people who've worked with him

article-2269475-1736DBD0000005DC-129_470x423.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing about the promotion of Pinky that his promotion is really fast. So fast that it has become an embarrassment that now Pinky does not use his BG rank anymore.

Remember in the past,,Pinky and Georgie and Teo Chee hean etc was always addressed as BG (NS) Pinky etc etc,,than later on it all just change to MR Pinky etc,,

The BG thing was done to show how good they are etc,,but now,,the more low profile the better,,,,was told that Pinky went to meet some Generals from other countries,,and he was asked,,U are a BG at 30? What wars have you fought,,,?? Pinky was at a lost and 'I dont know what to say'...so all the BG title etc was removed from there,,,

I believe that one of the reasons is that when a reservist officer turns 50, he is no longer liable for NS reservist obligations, and accordingly, they stop using the prefix BG(NS), before their names.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Patrick Choy with the big hairy mole! Heard he retired and became a salesman with Singapore Technology....hawking Bionix to other countries.

We can talk till the sun go down & the cow come home, it still boil down to the fact that, he is born to a father, that his military career rises fasert than any mercury in a test tube. Period!

You have no connect to, born to...the road is long & winding, narrow...& sometime you may not even get there...

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can talk till the sun go down & the cow come home, it still boil down to the fact that, he is born to a father, that his military career rises fasert than any mercury in a test tube. Period!

You have no connect to, born to...the road is long & winding, narrow...& sometime you may not even get there...
btw anyone know what his other son serve NS as? LHL got 2 sons....did the angmo kia need to serve NS? Also OCS?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you mean his Albino son?
Due to his medical condition, I am sure he is exempt from NS.
He got 3 sons......besides the albino......got 2 more.......only heard of Li Hongyi's OCS stint but not heard of the other one Li Haoyi........another Patrick Tan 'keng' type of vocation?

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys are champ, very informative on this Pinky SAF career.

Time to dig out Pinky 2 or 3 sons, whatever, military life. In LHL time there was no internet and controlled MSM neber reveal much about him but always painted a good picture of him.

His sons are different they are the IT world and should reveal what their SAF career path and make sure they are not 'white horse prince' treatment promoted to BG rank, etc.

Singapore have one laughable BG LHL and not again get another Mr. Lee type, clown SAF BGs.

Neither have I heard about his other son, who should be of NS age

curse044

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry 24SA...getting old! it was Jalan Kambing Camp, Ang Mo Que Camp...& the armored artillery, have forgotten, where it was.

21SA Armoured Arty at Sungei Kudut Camp...used to cleaned the V200 in the beach at end of Sungei Kudut (Kranji Camp) :biggrin:
N 20SA in Kambing later to AMQ Camp, I think. Old liao ah! :smile:

Last edited:

curse044

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean?

What about alternate displacement...still remember?
Col Gill always spy on Ex. n not happy will punished the bn by ordering AD that is, manpacked n deployed to another area!
Manpack 120mm mortar n baseplate hor!! KNN!