• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong's stellar military career

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought both were arty

LHY was CO of 46SAR. rumors have it that 46SAR was raised so that LHY can have his battlion CO tour. before the battlion was raised, it was only a BRC. that why all the high flyer armour COs never go 46SAR. and 46 the only battlion then not in running number and now the battlion had stand down. i never heard of battlion stand down before. heard from old bird WOs during ICTs that LHY was a blur cock officer.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHY was CO of 46SAR. rumors have it that 46SAR was raised so that LHY can have his battlion CO tour. before the battlion was raised, it was only a BRC. that why all the high flyer armour COs never go 46SAR. and 46 the only battlion then not in running number and now the battlion had stand down. i never heard of battlion stand down before. heard from old bird WOs during ICTs that LHY was a blur cock officer.

BRC--Brigade Reece Company?

46 SAR only dropped out in 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Armoured_Regiment#cite_note-15

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, only BRC in the 70s.

i know only stand down recently but have u heard of any combat battlion closed down in SAF? 46SAR, the scumbags of armour, a battlion nobody want. i wonder that happen to the 46's barrack....

Precision, Speed, Accuracy

Does that mean a smaller SAF?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
He got 3 sons......besides the albino......got 2 more.......only heard of Li Hongyi's OCS stint but not heard of the other one Li Haoyi........another Patrick Tan 'keng' type of vocation?

Why would they disguise the famous "Lee" name as a "Li".

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would they disguise the famous "Lee" name as a "Li".

With respect, although I do not know the actual reason if any, I believe that they use the "Han yu pin yin" for the next generation.
Neither am I trying to defend them, because they are more than capable to defend themselves.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, only BRC in the 70s.

i know only stand down recently but have u heard of any combat battlion closed down in SAF? 46SAR, the scumbags of armour, a battlion nobody want. i wonder that happen to the 46's barrack....

Precision, Speed, Accuracy

Have lah...42 was stand down in the 80s then raised again in the 90s.
LHY blur as he might have been....he was welfare all the way. Very popular among the men.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHY blur as he might have been....he was welfare all the way. Very popular among the men.

Heard that when LHY was in armour,he used to go to neighbouring countries for his philandering adventures .When Old Fart got wind of it,LHY was reprimanded and his passport confiscated.Well his philandering streak continues when he is in SingTel...................

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

LHY was definitely CO 40SAR sometime between 1981 or 1982 (Can't remember the exact year, but was for a short, about 1 year only).

Quite well liked by his men, as hardly have CO parades :biggrin:. You should see him run his 2.4Km IPPT test!

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHY was definitely CO 40SAR sometime between 1981 or 1982 (Can't remember the exact year, but was for a short, about 1 year only).

Quite well liked by his men, as hardly have CO parades :biggrin:. You should see him run his 2.4Km IPPT test!

Was he a very fast and good runner?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

cannot be 40sar. i saw LHY name on the roll of honour at the 46sar hq block.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think that was due to new barracks only completed in the 90s. enter sungei gedong main gate can see spanking new buildings at 42 & SOA but when 5tonner turn into 46 parade square, the whole 46 compound look out of place. so farking run down.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
With respect, although I do not know the actual reason if any, I believe that they use the "Han yu pin yin" for the next generation.
Neither am I trying to defend them, because they are more than capable to defend themselves.

Grand dad's orders for all families to revert to PRC naming conventions. Funnily enough, out of the whole Cabinet, LHL is the only one to have children named the HYP style.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Frens,,

have a look at this,,,a 18 year army veteran who is SAS and VC winner still only a corporal. Compare that with our BG Pinky,,,never fought a war,,during active military service, every year go chiat hong,,never officially commanded an active military division,,and during his military service also go overseas for studies,,,have multiple scholarships and still can get promoted every year till become BG,,,

compare this to the Corporal,,VC winner and still coporal,,18 years in the SAS and still Corporal,,something is wrong with either the SAF or the Australian Armed Forces,,

http://www.news.com.au/national/ben-roberts-smith-is-taking-personal-leave-from-the-army/story-fncynjr2-1226575634993
AUSTRALIA'S most decorated soldier, Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith, today announced he would be taking personal leave but was not leaving the army.

The Victoria Cross recipient released a statement announcing he had not resigned from the Special Air Service Regiment and would remain a member of the Australian Army.

"Over the course of 18 years in the Army, I have accumulated a substantial amount of leave and plan to take some of that leave this year.

"I will not discuss the period of leave I intend to take or my plans during this time, as I consider these personal matters. Like any Army member, I remain a serving member whilst on leave," Cpl Roberts-Smith said.

He said he was "disappointed" by earlier reports that he had decided to quit the SAS but declined to elaborate on the length of time he intended to be away or the reasons behind his decision to take leave.

“Like any member of the ADF, there will come a time for me to move on. However, if and when that time comes, I will remain connected to the SASR, the Army and the ADF and will not quit or walk away as News Limited reporting has suggested.

“While I accept the public responsibilities of holding the Victoria Cross for Australia, I strongly believe that some aspects of my personal and family life remain private and I thank those members of the Australian media and public who have respected these wishes.”

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Frens,,

have a look at this,,,a 18 year army veteran who is SAS and VC winner still only a corporal. Compare that with our BG Pinky,,,never fought a war,,during active military service, every year go chiat hong,,never officially commanded an active military division,,and during his military service also go overseas for studies,,,have multiple scholarships and still can get promoted every year till become BG,,,

compare this to the Corporal,,VC winner and still coporal,,18 years in the SAS and still Corporal,,something is wrong with either the SAF or the Australian Armed Forces,,

http://www.news.com.au/national/ben-roberts-smith-is-taking-personal-leave-from-the-army/story-fncynjr2-1226575634993
AUSTRALIA'S most decorated soldier, Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith, today announced he would be taking personal leave but was not leaving the army.

The Victoria Cross recipient released a statement announcing he had not resigned from the Special Air Service Regiment and would remain a member of the Australian Army.

"Over the course of 18 years in the Army, I have accumulated a substantial amount of leave and plan to take some of that leave this year.

"I will not discuss the period of leave I intend to take or my plans during this time, as I consider these personal matters. Like any Army member, I remain a serving member whilst on leave," Cpl Roberts-Smith said.

He said he was "disappointed" by earlier reports that he had decided to quit the SAS but declined to elaborate on the length of time he intended to be away or the reasons behind his decision to take leave.

“Like any member of the ADF, there will come a time for me to move on. However, if and when that time comes, I will remain connected to the SASR, the Army and the ADF and will not quit or walk away as News Limited reporting has suggested.

“While I accept the public responsibilities of holding the Victoria Cross for Australia, I strongly believe that some aspects of my personal and family life remain private and I thank those members of the Australian media and public who have respected these wishes.”

Aussies don't like old people to be low ranks. They like super old people.