• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong's stellar military career

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During his time, tiger beer was $0.80 a can at the mess. :biggrin:

May be it was cheaper during LHL's time, because during my time in NS, it was 50 cents (or was it Anchor, but not in cans) at the Officer Cadets Mess, and later at the Officers Mess

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL was following the rule that all names be registered in Pinyin. We do have a generation of children who have pinyinised names. Although I am no oppo pig apologist, this is one rule which I am glad got abandoned. At least "Li" and "Lee" sound the same. How to explain to an angmo that "Tan" and "Chen", "Lim" and "Ling", "Ang" and "Hong" are the same surnames?

Why would they disguise the famous "Lee" name as a "Li".

jw5

Loyal
LHL was following the rule that all names be registered in Pinyin. We do have a generation of children who have pinyinised names. Although I am no oppo pig apologist, this is one rule which I am glad got abandoned. At least "Li" and "Lee" sound the same. How to explain to an angmo that "Tan" and "Chen", "Lim" and "Ling", "Ang" and "Hong" are the same surnames?

Why must explain to angmo? Let them go and google and find out themselves.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is PRC mode. You can tell there's already a battle Low Thia Khiang vs Li Yeming. Name spelling is so diff.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey cb la, pinky is an incompetent clown.

But no need to make fun of his albino kid la, knn, the kid never or havent yet do any harm to singapore what

pls dont judge people based on their health problems.

It is to the albino kids detriment that he born into such a lousy family. so lets leave kids, animals and other such beings out pls. tolong la, be more sensitive knn :smile: thank you

I certainly agree with Andyfisher.

No child loves to be in that condition. Everyone wants to be born a normal healthy child.

That son is an innocent guy from the time of his birth.

Its cruel to use such harsh words on him. He has feelings too and will surely feel hurt.

I know of many children born with severe deformities on lips and pallette in mouth.

Their parents cannot afford to have operations as they are poor.

These kids go to school and are teased by other normal kids.

Most of them tend to become very withdrawn and fear going out.

Is it their fault for being born poor.

I can imagine how their parents feel for their kids amidst their own poverty.

Have mercy on the unfortunate ones.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I certainly agree with Andyfisher.

No child loves to be in that condition. Everyone wants to be born a normal healthy child.

That son is an innocent guy from the time of his birth.

Its cruel to use such harsh words on him. He has feelings too and will surely feel hurt.

I know of many children born with severe deformities on lips and pallette in mouth.

Their parents cannot afford to have operations as they are poor.

These kids go to school and are teased by other normal kids.

Most of them tend to become very withdrawn and fear going out.

Is it their fault for being born poor.

I can imagine how their parents feel for their kids amidst their own poverty.

Have mercy on the unfortunate ones.

We will see what the people decide in a post PAP government

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got tiger? I thot only anchor beer.

it was tiger in the 90s @ $1 each at spec mess. taste like piss too. totally awful compare to the real thing sold outside. It still $1 tiger when i completed reservist cycle in 2009. while the commanders celebrate with tiger with the battalion for getting 2A for atec, we pengkia left them to the tigers plus cookhouse food and went to bunk for our red label and milano pizza.:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KM9dB.gif

My military career was also quite stellar, no?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is PRC mode. You can tell there's already a battle Low Thia Khiang vs Li Yeming. Name spelling is so diff.

I remember they over zealously changed many of people's ancestors family name as they were spell in Romanized characters when they started Hanyu Pinyin...the Parents wer Mr & Mrs Pang....their kids went to school it was, a different character in Hanyu Pinyin...and so were Children born...mum's LEE..it became Li.

That made many angry...so they started this opt out thing.. for example old names of places, lost its authenticity, when Nee Soon became Yishun, Soon Hock Road became Shunfa...Pek Shan Teng became Bishan...and so forth.

As usual over zealously do things & shafting it down people's throats....what is not new??

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember they over zealously changed many of people's ancestors family name as they were spell in Romanized characters when they started Hanyu Pinyin...the Parents wer Mr & Mrs Pang....their kids went to school it was, a different character in Hanyu Pinyin...and so were Children born...mum's LEE..it became Li.

That made many angry...so they started this opt out thing.. for example old names of places, lost its authenticity, when Nee Soon became Yishun, Soon Hock Road became Shunfa...Pek Shan Teng became Bishan...and so forth.

As usual over zealously do things & shafting it down people's throats....what is not new??

Funny that LHL was the only PAP minister to name his children by HYPY. All the others so far as i know never bothered.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny that LHL was the only PAP minister to name his children by HYPY. All the others so far as i know never bothered.

It was his old man, who wanted to start an example. Actually it does not really matter, in Chinese which characters we used for our family name it is written the same. But, we had this Romanized version for so long & it reflected the different dialect pronunciation of the same Chinese character. For example, it Teochew it is "Koh", & in Cantonese, it is "Hui", the Chinese Character is the same, but in Hanyu Pinyin, one H.P. Character for both Cantonese & Teochew. The Heritage & identity is lost.

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
May be it was cheaper during LHL's time, because during my time in NS, it was 50 cents (or was it Anchor, but not in cans) at the Officer Cadets Mess, and later at the Officers Mess

it was tiger in the 90s @ $1 each at spec mess. taste like piss too. totally awful compare to the real thing sold outside. It still $1 tiger when i completed reservist cycle in 2009. while the commanders celebrate with tiger with the battalion for getting 2A for atec, we pengkia left them to the tigers plus cookhouse food and went to bunk for our red label and milano pizza.:biggrin:

i think you guys are probably right. I was from the 90s so we only had tiger. But i remembered paying $0.70 or $0.80 for a can. Then i think after the GST was pushed to 7%, beer at mess also went up to $1 a can.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think you guys are probably right. I was from the 90s so we only had tiger. But i remembered paying $0.70 or $0.80 for a can.

Last time beer was $.70 for a can.
Now beer much much more.

Everything got to change.

Last time LHL a BG. After long long time, still a BG.
Kenna outranked by many people with lesser genes in Singapore and North Korea and around the world.
We all lost face.
It is time to declare LHL to be a Field Marshall Generalissimo.

That show the rest of the world how great LHL is and Sinkies can glow in reflected glory from LHL

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last time beer was $.70 for a can.
Now beer much much more.

Thanks man, 70cents were the good old days when the garmen still havent sold out the cuntree in xchange for their fat paycheck. Those days the man on your left and the man on your right are brothers, fighting to defend the same country we grew up in.

Now, fuck it lah. Can run road run already. So many of these trash in the country, come war time tiong say he singkie, shitskin say he sinkie, pinoy say he sinkie. So these 'sinkie' should protect or not??

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think you guys are probably right. I was from the 90s so we only had tiger. But i remembered paying $0.70 or $0.80 for a can. Then i think after the GST was pushed to 7%, beer at mess also went up to $1 a can.

can anyone remember anchor is big bottle or small bottle? i cant remember exact price but definitely below a dollar per bottle.....also can buy in bulk during CNY or some bbq. Also is it got stout also? But only ABC brand. Back then no GST.....

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
can anyone remember anchor is big bottle or small bottle? i cant remember exact price but definitely below a dollar per bottle.....also can buy in bulk during CNY or some bbq. Also is it got stout also? But only ABC brand. Back then no GST.....

During my time, Anchor small bottle sold in the Mess, buy at NCO Club at Beach Road, Anchor big bottle. Yes, Stout only ABC brand.

By the way, all duty-free beer were adulterated, and did not taste so good. The alcoholic content was much lower than stated too.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.....Can run road run already. So many of these trash in the country, come war time tiong say he singkie, shitskin say he sinkie, pinoy say he sinkie. So these 'sinkie' should protect or not??

Spore can always use imported talent but we are really getting "talents". Many are just cheap labor or part of an agreement to allow the PAP to enjoy economic benefits at the expense of other Sporeans.

Whenever I think about what's happening to Spore, this song comes to mind. However they should modify it to "Who let in the dogs"

[video=youtube;Qkuu0Lwb5EM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM[/video]