• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Curfew in Spore?? Martial law? 9pm close shop?

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in Hong Kong in 2005 with my family, I still remember going down from my friends apartment in Causeway Bay (the equivalent of Chinatown) at 11 pm to shop DVD with my 19 year old daughter. All shops were open.

Then both of us just kept shopping till around 1:30 pm before we see soem shops begin to close.

Then we came to Singapore, at 8:30 pm the shops in Chinatown were almost all closed...worst than our remote city of Edmonton in Canada.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, It is easier said than done. If you think it so easy, why don't you try doing what you just said?

if customers on average are getting lesser, why whole of the people's park food centre close down on monday? the logical move would be some stalls carry on operate on monday, in order to earn some more money.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shove your qing dynasty and this thread you started up your ass. Where are the promised jobs? Isn't the water in Singapore clean enough for your dynasty?

why ask me those questions? ask the papist lah.

what my dynasty? u are not a sporean yourself?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
One f**king Food Centre close at 9 pm you all kao pei simi lan cheow?

Take a f**king bus or taxi to Geylang at 1am and you see got curfew there or not?

:cool::cool:

eErotica69696969696969

one geylang means spore make it liao? u also need to drink some pee to wake up your idea.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
9pm on monday night cant get cheng teng and declare whole sg curfew?? why dont go some 24 hours kopitiam to get them or go geylang eat tao huay...take it easy man..too uptight...

u don't get it. its not just that food centre. its the prevalent ghost town syndrome in spore.

yes, there are clark quay, geylang etc. but they are just a little pockets of area as compare to the huge chunk of area. for instance, area in hdb estate.

its a ghost town, a dead town after 10pm here in singapore. that is the problem. the food centre i talk about, is just ice berg tip. many many more businesses, shops, just shut down after 10pm. its almost like there's a curfew here.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread has got not much meaning at all with regards to the arguments made by the 2 main 'STARS' :biggrin:

Have you been to the food centre on other days other than on Mondays? If the whole food centre is also closed everyday at 9pm, are you going to say that it's a 'ya ya papaya' food centre?

The targeted audience for PP food centre is for folks who are working in that area. If you DO notice, 90% and above of those who consume lunch there are all working around that area.

If majority of the office workers knock off between 6-8pm, why would the hawkers open their stalls till late? Feed ghost? :mad:

Think before you blame EVERYBODY else.

the point i wanna bring up is the prevalent ghost town syndrome, atmosphere of singapore. it happens every night after 10pm, except for a few little pockets of area, the whole of singaproe shut down.

thats the gist of the message for the thread.

u said the food centre cater to people working around the area. harlo? monday no people work around the people's park food centre??? there are lots of shopping centres in the area!

Last edited:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everybody wants to be home before 10pm. And it's a fact that most shops closes around 9+ 10pm, especially more so in CBD office areas. :smile:

u said the food centre cater to people working around the area. harlo? monday no people work around the people's park food centre??? there are lots of shopping centres in the area!

The problem is, these shopping centres closes about the same time as these food centres. So who is going to eat at the food centre when there is no longer any crowd? :confused:

Abit flawed, I'm pretty sure. :biggrin:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everybody wants to be home before 10pm. And it's a fact that most shops closes around 9+ 10pm, especially more so in CBD office areas. :smile:

The problem is, these shopping centres closes about the same time as these food centres. So who is going to eat at the food centre when there is no longer any crowd? :confused:

Abit flawed, I'm pretty sure. :biggrin:

that doesn't explain why the food centre close on monday.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if we look at the people around the area on monday night, there are lots of people. there's a demand. but why the WHOLE OF PEOPLE'S PARK FOOD CENTRE close on monday then? simple. its LKY attitude at work. they don't give a shit about demand. there's a demand on monday nite? they don't give a shit. just like LKY doesn't give a shit about consensus of the people. he prefer his way.

thats LKY meme at work. lots of people in this country infected by LKY virus, meme.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in Hong Kong in 2005 with my family, I still remember going down from my friends apartment in Causeway Bay (the equivalent of Chinatown) at 11 pm to shop DVD with my 19 year old daughter. All shops were open.

Then both of us just kept shopping till around 1:30 pm before we see soem shops begin to close.

Then we came to Singapore, at 8:30 pm the shops in Chinatown were almost all closed...worst than our remote city of Edmonton in Canada.

Causeway bay = chinatown?

Btw did u see chan ho nam there? He's the boss of causeway bay.

Btw what's HK's equvalent of orchard?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u don't get it. its not just that food centre. its the prevalent ghost town syndrome in spore.

yes, there are clark quay, geylang etc. but they are just a little pockets of area as compare to the huge chunk of area. for instance, area in hdb estate.

its a ghost town, a dead town after 10pm here in singapore. that is the problem. the food centre i talk about, is just ice berg tip. many many more businesses, shops, just shut down after 10pm. its almost like there's a curfew here.

It close down cos no business mah.

The hawker centre also have rules like if they want to shut down the lights say at 10 pm even if the hawker willing to work later also cannot.

Anyway many housing estates have 24 hr kopitiam.