• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Curfew in Spore?? Martial law? 9pm close shop?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taipei is pretty crowded i would say. I have not been there, but i have been to BKK and they have those street vendors almost everywhere. Wah walking there was sometimes a night mare and it was not very clean. I dunno why when i speak to some thais they say they like it here. Sometimes the streets have so many vendors it's so crowded and traffic everywhere, u have to be alert 24/7 where got enjoyable?

To foreigners, those street vendors may appear to be haphazard, but they have some kind of system. I notice they only operate during certain times & they have to share the space with other vendors. For example along Sukhumvit those selling stuff disappear & are replaced by people selling food & drinks in the early morning.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To foreigners, those street vendors may appear to be haphazard, but they have some kind of system. I notice they only operate during certain times & they have to share the space with other vendors. For example along Sukhumvit those selling stuff disappear & are replaced by people selling food & drinks in the early morning.

i am sure they all have their own arrangements.

It was tough walking along huey kwang market but it was good too since i was buying sournvenirs and it was damn late.

I dunno if sinkees would fight among themselves if they had this sort of system like the thais.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see any ghost town in my neighbourhood. The hawker centre is dead by 10 p.m. That's understandable cause some of the stalls cater to breakfast and lunch, others for lunch and dinner crowds. Can't expect them to work all day and all night. There're 2 coffeeshops opened till 1 a.m. and 2 coffeeshops opened till 2 a.m. (and staying opened past 3 a.m. if there're major football games).

I think it depends on your neighbourhood and your preference. I'm sure that there're many neighbourhoods like mine around. However, it all depends what the stallholders or shopkeepers seem of supply availability and market demand.

If there's money to be made, someone will be there to make it. If you go to Jalan Besar or Geylang area past midnight even till morning, you'll find food to eat. In you insist on going elsewhere where life stops after 10 p.m. to look for food, who's to blame? Same as, if you choose to live in a quiet neighbourhood without shops or with all shops closed after 9 p.m., who's to blame?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha... actually hor... come to think of it... in the day time, spore also sucky place to be. LOL.... so no need to talk about the city night life here...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see any ghost town in my neighbourhood. The hawker centre is dead by 10 p.m. That's understandable cause some of the stalls cater to breakfast and lunch, others for lunch and dinner crowds. Can't expect them to work all day and all night. There're 2 coffeeshops opened till 1 a.m. and 2 coffeeshops opened till 2 a.m. (and staying opened past 3 a.m. if there're major football games).

I think it depends on your neighbourhood and your preference. I'm sure that there're many neighbourhoods like mine around. However, it all depends what the stallholders or shopkeepers seem of supply availability and market demand.

If there's money to be made, someone will be there to make it. If you go to Jalan Besar or Geylang area past midnight even till morning, you'll find food to eat. In you insist on going elsewhere where life stops after 10 p.m. to look for food, who's to blame? Same as, if you choose to live in a quiet neighbourhood without shops or with all shops closed after 9 p.m., who's to blame?

tell me how many hdb estates are as happening as yours?? i think the percentage are really low my friend.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lets get real. how many hdb estates in spore the town centres happening even after 10pm?

I think all mature estates are like that. The problem comes with the newer estates, I can understand. I've visited friends' homes in Pasir Ris and Sengkang, and I can see the problem. Better stock up food in case supper pang is calling, or have a car, or be prepared to pay hefty taxi fares.

Areas like mine, no problem. NTUC Fairprice 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7-Eleven always close but never closed. Don't even need to stock instant noodle. And I'm sure there're many areas like mine, e.g. Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio, Hougang etc.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think all mature estates are like that. The problem comes with the newer estates, I can understand. I've visited friends' homes in Pasir Ris and Sengkang, and I can see the problem. Better stock up food in case supper pang is calling, or have a car, or be prepared to pay hefty taxi fares.

Areas like mine, no problem. NTUC Fairprice 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7-Eleven always close but never closed. Don't even need to stock instant noodle. And I'm sure there're many areas like mine, e.g. Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio, Hougang etc.

okay, after 12mn, where to go at your estate?

nothing what. its just mac, coffeeshop and 7 eleven.

tell me, what else??

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
are there varieties in the hdb estate town centre after midnight? its all 1. coffeehshop, 2. mac, 3 seven-eleven. what else in the hdb estate town centre??? thats manifestation of LKY ideal night life for u. bare minimum. please go to bed early. i don't like night life, so peasant have to follow me!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
okay, how about between 10pm and 12mn, what's happening at your estate's town centre?

Like you've said, nothing much besides coffeeshops, fast foods and convenient stores. What's your idea of neighbourhood nightlife? Discos and karaokes in the neighbourhood? Those I don't have in my area and I don't mind.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like you've said, nothing much besides coffeeshops, fast foods and convenient stores. What's your idea of neighbourhood nightlife? Discos and karaokes in the neighbourhood? Those I don't have in my area and I don't mind.

at least a internet cafe? a pub?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at least a internet cafe? a pub? a tattoo parlor?

Internet cafe, yes but not after midnight. Pub with pool and darts, yes, up to 2 a.m.

Tattoo parlour? Whoever wants to go tattooing in the neighbourhood after midnight must be either drunk, stoned or insane. And even if I want to get a tattoo, I don't think that I'm going to do it after midnight and I certainly don't think that I can trust any tattooist to do it after midnight.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
but right now, no pub leh. we are so called 'cosmopolitan city' leh. where's the pub in the hdb town centre? no? oh, we have to take a cab, go downtown for that? thats no cosmopolitan city or first world city, thats fuck up back water town.

the size, the population of hdb estate could be pretty big the area. but no pub?! thanx to lee kuan yew lor. who else could be so anal retentive??

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
so take the entertainment out of the hdb town centre, thats good planning??? u put supermart, pharmacy, coffeeshop, etc at the town centre, but NO PUB IN THE TOWN CENTRE??! thats fuck up town estate planning the PAP.