• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Curfew in Spore?? Martial law? 9pm close shop?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
It close down cos no business mah.

The hawker centre also have rules like if they want to shut down the lights say at 10 pm even if the hawker willing to work later also cannot.

Anyway many housing estates have 24 hr kopitiam.

not no business lah. i tell u, its the manifestation of LKY attitude, view on night life.

take one example. causeway point. i was there years ago, on one night. lots of people hang around at night, but the shops close on after another. still got people hang around. but boh bian, almost all the shops close around 10pm, so they left too.

there are people who prefer 10pm go home sleep. but there are people who prefer to go jalan jalan even after 10pm.

but the way spore deal, its whatever LKY deem is right, it will get translated, manifest on the ground. LKY don't mind clarke quay, because he don't wanna the ang moh to run away. but LKY prefer the whole of spore shut down at night. thats lao lee attitude for u. thats why spore has this ghost town, dead town atmosphere after 10pm.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
lao lee just don't like night life here, okay?! he want it to be for the ang moh and FT only. singapore peasants, please go home sleep early. u are no ft nor ang moh! thats lao lee's attitude!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
but the problem is, when spore just 'carve' out a few little tiney winey pocket area, such as clarke quay, geylang, singapore still couldn't cut it as a modern city. the city is dead after 10pm. a few tiney winey areas would not help to create energetic city life here. but pap govt don't care! why? 'cause lao lee don't like night life! he prefer the jap's military regime style, the kind of order they bring to this island. at night can only hear cricket sound! he like that kind of shit!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not no business lah. i tell u, its the manifestation of LKY attitude, view on night life.

take one example. causeway point. i was there years ago, on one night. lots of people hang around at night, but the shops close on after another. still got people hang around. but boh bian, almost all the shops close around 10pm, so they left too.

there are people who prefer 10pm go home sleep. but there are people who prefer to go jalan jalan even after 10pm.

but the way spore deal, its whatever LKY deem is right, it will get translated, manifest on the ground. LKY don't mind clarke quay, because he don't wanna the ang moh to run away. but LKY prefer the whole of spore shut down at night. thats lao lee attitude for u. thats why spore has this ghost town, dead town atmosphere after 10pm.

Ppl hanging around doesn't mean anything to the shops. Shops are businesses and businesses are profit orientated. If ppl buy from them then they stay open. Many of these ppl simply hang there to chill and talk cock they dun go to the shops to buy stuff.

Next causeway point is a shopping centre. Each shopping centre has their own rules and regulations. They all have a stipulated time to close. Even if the shop is willing to open till past mid night, they cannot do that. Cos it's located inside the shopping centre which is not managed by the shop's owners obviously. If the SC closes at say 11pm for eg, then outsiders cannot come in, so what's the point of letting the shop remain open? Lighting and aircon costs money too.

Also shop employees want to take the last train or bus for eg rather than take a taxi and pay mid night surcharge.

Causeway point is located in the north. It's a HDB shopping centre. Most ppl who go there live around that area. I would say mostly woodlands area. Clarke quay is located in the southern middle part of sg. It's more accessible for ppl. Hence they attract ppl from all over the island. Another thing is that many pubs in clarke quay close pretty early cept for week ends. By say 1 am many places are closed.

Anyway there are many ppl whom hang out at clarke quay who dun even visit the pubs. They just sit there and talk. They dun give business to the pubs and can be a nuisance. Same like those ppl u mentioned about causeway pt.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ppl hanging around doesn't mean anything to the shops. Shops are businesses and businesses are profit orientated. If ppl buy from them then they stay open. Many of these ppl simply hang there to chill and talk cock they dun go to the shops to buy stuff.

Next causeway point is a shopping centre. Each shopping centre has their own rules and regulations. They all have a stipulated time to close. Even if the shop is willing to open till past mid night, they cannot do that. Cos it's located inside the shopping centre which is not managed by the shop's owners obviously. If the SC closes at say 11pm for eg, then outsiders cannot come in, so what's the point of letting the shop remain open? Lighting and aircon costs money too.

Also shop employees want to take the last train or bus for eg rather than take a taxi and pay mid night surcharge.

Causeway point is located in the north. It's a HDB shopping centre. Most ppl who go there live around that area. I would say mostly woodlands area. Clarke quay is located in the southern middle part of sg. It's more accessible for ppl. Hence they attract ppl from all over the island. Another thing is that many pubs in clarke quay close pretty early cept for week ends. By say 1 am many places are closed.

Anyway there are many ppl whom hang out at clarke quay who dun even visit the pubs. They just sit there and talk. They dun give business to the pubs and can be a nuisance. Same like those ppl u mentioned about causeway pt.

the thing is singapore's design is shopping mall centric.

its something just like LKY and pap style. prefer to have lots of power.

so, when shopping mall close, the area is pretty much dead.

thats the problem with our shopping mall centric design. its so like the pap style.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
in other places, such as taipei. the shopping malls are just parts of the city life. there are streets and streets of shops. the shopping mall close at 10pm? neber mind, still have lots of shops operating after 10pm.

but singapore is just like the pap. anal retentive. like to control. like to have all the power consolidated in a few hand. so therefore, our shopping mall centric design is just manifestation of pap attitude.

shopping mall close at 10pm? the end. the fucking area is dead after that.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
look at say... suntec. suntec if it close at 10pm, are there any streets of shops around??? no! the area there is shopping mall centric design.

look at orchard road. look at plaza singapura. plaza singapura close around 10pm. after that what? are there any streets of shops around? no. once plaza singapura shutdown, its pretty much dead around the area. except maybe the cinemas in the plaza.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
its PAP, LKY signature all over this country. LKY think, and it will appear in our city. LKY think nightlife is bad, naturally, that get translated into our city state.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the thing is singapore's design is shopping mall centric.

its something just like LKY and pap style. prefer to have lots of power.

so, when shopping mall close, the area is pretty much dead.

thats the problem with our shopping mall centric design. its so like the pap style.

There's also pasar malams if u like that. They stay open pass 12 mid night.

I prefer the malls, aircon and clean. Airconditionig such a large place like a mall is damn ex and so is the lighting. They want to close early to save on bills. Shoppers dun really buy much. Do u think there's an entire huge group of shoppers wanting to buy clothes shoes at 11pm? Employees also want to sleep.

Places that attract night owls are like book stores, Internet cafes, karaoke bars, chill out eating places like hong kong cafe for eg. Cinemas too. It's also econonmic sense that stipulates where a place can remain open late and still be profitable.

For eg i dun wanan go to yishun to catch a late night movie. I rather go orchard. Even if there's a late night cinema in yishun there's fuck else to do once i'm done. It doesn't look appealing at all sitting outside a dark place waiting for my 2am movie to begin in yishun for eg compared to the bright lights on orchard cineleisure.

There's also those shops in a row side by side in places like BUkit timah or on the east. yet many of them also close early. Obviously cos nobody wants to go fine dining at 11pm for eg.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
our hdb estates are pretty big. but what happened after 10pm the town centre there? fucking ghost town! thats what LKY want. whatever he thinks its right, he want it to imposed onto the people.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in other places, such as taipei. the shopping malls are just parts of the city life. there are streets and streets of shops. the shopping mall close at 10pm? neber mind, still have lots of shops operating after 10pm.

but singapore is just like the pap. anal retentive. like to control. like to have all the power consolidated in a few hand. so therefore, our shopping mall centric design is just manifestation of pap attitude.

shopping mall close at 10pm? the end. the fucking area is dead after that.

Taipei is pretty crowded i would say. I have not been there, but i have been to BKK and they have those street vendors almost everywhere. Wah walking there was sometimes a night mare and it was not very clean. I dunno why when i speak to some thais they say they like it here. Sometimes the streets have so many vendors it's so crowded and traffic everywhere, u have to be alert 24/7 where got enjoyable?

Taxi fare also damn ex man. Say if suntec have those stores open late late at night on a monday. I doubt that many ppl would go there past mid night. Taxi fares damn ex and going up especially mid night surcharge.

Most ppl work in the day. The majority of ppl whom dun sleep at night and roam the streets well past mid night are mostly bored teens, gangsters, low life riff raff, the odd FT or lost ofrigner. These ppl don;t shop much obviously. they bring problems instead.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's also pasar malams if u like that. They stay open pass 12 mid night.

pasar malams are not always there.

I prefer the malls, aircon and clean. Airconditionig such a large place like a mall is damn ex and so is the lighting. They want to close early to save on bills. Shoppers dun really buy much. Do u think there's an entire huge group of shoppers wanting to buy clothes shoes at 11pm? Employees also want to sleep.
i didn't propose the shopping mall to open late. what i wanna say is singapore shouldn't have this ghost town phenomenon after 10pm. we are not a kampong! we are a city!

Places that attract night owls are like book stores, Internet cafes, karaoke bars, chill out eating places like hong kong cafe for eg. Cinemas too. It's also econonmic sense that stipulates where a place can remain open late and still be profitable.
yeah, we need to have more of those in spore.

There's also those shops in a row side by side in places like BUkit timah or on the east. yet many of them also close early. Obviously cos nobody wants to go fine dining at 11pm for eg.
i would still say its PAP snuff the life out of spore. the rentals, the transportation fee, etc. i don't think sporeans are different from others. people all over the world, there are people who love to go to bed early, and there are people who love to hang around, jalan even its after 10pm.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got law stating u cannot leave your home after 10pm?

no need law on the people. just come up with all kind of silly regulation and law for shops who wanna operate late into the night, that will make the shop owners sian liao. don't wanna operate late. and also the rental, electricity bill, etc. simply put:

PAP snuff the life out of Singapore. This dead town, ghost town phenomenon, its created non other but by the PAP gahmen.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pasar malams are not always there.

i didn't propose the shopping mall to open late. what i suggest is singapore shouldn't have this ghost town phenomenon after 10pm. we are not a kampong! we are a city!

yeah, we need to have more of those in spore.

i would still say its PAP snuff the life out of spore. the rentals, the transportation fee, etc. i don't think sporeans are different from others. people all over the world, there are people who love to go to bed early, and there are people who love to hang around, jalan even its after 10pm.

For those internet cafes there's always the odd internet cafe open till 3-4 am in some locations not in the city near housing estates. Some pubs and eateries too. Along thomson and upper thomson rd.

For it to change to say ur night life city thing everything has to change. The taxi surcharge and everything else. This will take some time to implement.

Anyway for the night life thing to work these would mostly be road side hawkers or vendors selling pasar malam style shit. Even in places like BKK, chatuchak market closes pretty early i heard. Cos i think no business.

Therefore the majority of shops opened past mid night would be like what i wrote above. Quite difficult to regulate these type rd side vendors. Imagine NEA officers need to check up on them cos i am sure u dun want to eat contaminated food.

ANyway this will cause gangs to come into play to collect protection money from these vendors and become crime ridden. Also there might be road blockage. Geylang is 24/7 and some streets are unwalkable.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those internet cafes there's always the odd internet cafe open till 3-4 am in some locations not in the city near housing estates. Some pubs and eateries too. Along thomson and upper thomson rd.

For it to change to say ur night life city thing everything has to change. The taxi surcharge and everything else. This will take some time to implement.

Anyway for the night life thing to work these would mostly be road side hawkers or vendors selling pasar malam style shit. Even in places like BKK, chatuchak market closes pretty early i heard. Cos i think no business.

Therefore the majority of shops opened past mid night would be like what i wrote above. Quite difficult to regulate these type rd side vendors. Imagine NEA officers need to check up on them cos i am sure u dun want to eat contaminated food.

ANyway this will cause gangs to come into play to collect protection money from these vendors and become crime ridden. Also there might be road blockage. Geylang is 24/7 and some streets are unwalkable.

i don't know. all i know is, if i live in hdb estates, say, hougang. after 10pm, there are not much places to go in the area. and spore is full of hdb estates. which means, the overall quality of night life here in this country, sucks.

and who's in charge here? LKY and PAP. they are the one responsible for the sucky night life here.