• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What An Insult!!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I thought the latest is that he finally got his long awaited promotion and now no longer thinks NS is killing SG?

*sighs* the country has already been overrunned by FTs, that's why :(:(:(

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the government should returned the people CPF money at 55, don't treats us like children, period.

The Govt should give people the option to take out all the money at 55 or to put it in an annuity. People who need the money immediately will benefit by cashing out. People who do not need the full lumpsum and do not know how to invest their money, may benefit from the interest that CPF gives. It should not be decided for us.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
*sighs* the country has already been overrunned by FTs, that's why :(:(:(

not only that, but there are many stupid, sycophantic, scared, selfish and/or self-serving sinkies still around.

if for example, someone did indeed get his long awaited promotion and suddenly changed his mind about ns killing sg, that would fit the above.

jw5

Loyal
The Govt should give people the option to take out all the money at 55 or to put it in an annuity. People who need the money immediately will benefit by cashing out. People who do not need the full lumps and do not know how to invest their money, may benefit from the interest that CPF gives. It should be decided for us.

That's the mindest that has been passed down to all of them, that their way works and is the best and they know best.
Their concern is not for individual Singaporeans and their families, but more on whether they will be a burden to the country.
Giving you freedom of choice and respecting your individual rights has never been their way.
The worst part is that this has been accepted even by common folk struggling to make ends meet.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It would be a real BONUS if NS can be reduced to 1 year and ICT moderated and
versatile. This is to keep pace with our changing and challenging work and lifestyle.

Agree with you totally, although anything to do with NS wouldn't benefit me anymore.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what good is a SAFRA membership card when i don't even live near a SAFRA branch?! can the govt give me $100 worth of grocery vouchers instead?

jw5

Loyal
what good is a SAFRA membership card when i don't even live near a SAFRA branch?! can the govt give me $100 worth of grocery vouchers instead?

cannot, because the grocery vouchers, all those who get it will actually spend it.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, so if we have to defend SG, the burden shd be on all singaporeans..18 years to 20years

18 to 20 years is too small a number. Will need a mercenary armed force if no NS or with NS but no ICT. Probably full-time NS is more disruptive and that part should be reduced. Let's start with 1 year. Probably save several hundred million a year.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
SFI Cookhouse

Don't forget it also includes a free meal voucher :biggrin:

However they haven't clarified whether it's in a food court or restaurant:confused:
What I want to know is whether I can spend it in JB:confused:

What ? SFI and cookhouse, ah ?

eCover-story---Feeding-SAF--.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beat Them Up !

Exactly..the pap is not thankful that you have sacrificed for NS..the way I see it, the pap thinks it is your duty to sacrifice...and you have no choice because it is the law.

There was a report that mentioned Sinkiesland is a great place to work. For whom ? For FTs or expats coming here to work and play. But, Europe will be the best place to retire. :eek::mad:

And FTs will continue to say, "Thanks for your stupidity, suckers !" As free security guards 24/7.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought the latest is that he finally got his long awaited promotion and now no longer thinks NS is killing SG?

ns is no longer killing sg according to bg madmansg, as the process of killing is over. it's now all about burying. :eek:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think all singaporeans, including gals, regardless whether native or new citizens shd do NS. that wld be fair and best

Gals should not do NS. The NS cycle should be shortened, and tough laws enacted to prosecute cases where employers discriminate against NSMen. Regular SAF personnel pay should be increased by at least 100% to attract volunteers. We have enough money to do all these.