• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What An Insult!!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
18 to 20 years is too small a number. Will need a mercenary armed force if no NS or with NS but no ICT. Probably full-time NS is more disruptive and that part should be reduced. Let's start with 1 year. Probably save several hundred million a year.

pay NSF the market rate of their vocation

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Beat Them Up !

There was a report that mentioned Sinkiesland is a great place to work. For whom ? For FTs or expats coming here to work and play. But, Europe will be the best place to retire. :eek::mad:

And FTs will continue to say, "Thanks for your stupidity, suckers !" As free security guards 24/7.

well said....

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really wonder whose brainchild is it for the free 1 year membership at SAFRA ? :rolleyes:
How will it benefit anyone ? :rolleyes:
SAFRA Clubhouse very great meh ? Got slot machines huh ?
Why don't they give out Geylang vouchers , that's more practical
:biggrin: :biggrin:

This is just to add on to the value to make the 'gift' sound very expensive. Say if the price for 1 year membership is $500 per person X number of NSmen. Without this figure to mark up the gift, Ah Loong would look like a scrooge. Without this, how to inflate the 'gift' to 100million?

Anyway, who will really go and use the 1 year membership? Not me certainly.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am proud of my NS stint and I would willingly have done it for free out of the love of my country and my fellow citizens.

I do not need any vouchers. If I receive any, I will donate them to a worthy charity.

that's true...if it is such an honour to serve for the country as the SAF touts NS to be, we dont need $100 to thank NSmen for doing NS. As the pap say..it's an honour to serve the country. So why arent the PAP passing such honour and glory to new citizens? I feel for native SG guys for the discrimination they suffer.

The Pap is contradicting itself, insulting NSmen

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I feel for native SG guys for the discrimination they suffer.

Performing NS is not a chore. It's an honor and a joy. It should be reserved only for true blue citizens. The Johnny-come-latelies do not deserve the privilege.

I would hate the thought of some stupid foreigners being given the opportunity to enjoy 2 years of serving the country the way I did.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heh. Shortly after my ORD, I remember that they (SAFRA telemarketers) used to constantly pester me to apply for a SAFRA membership.

I told them to fuck off. :wink:

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heh. Shortly after my ORD, I remember that they (SAFRA telemarketers) used to constantly pester me to apply for a SAFRA membership.

Once I ROD (my time call ROD), I called the SAFRA hotline to cancel my SAFRA magazine subscription. The person attending the call have the cheek to ask me why. I almost let go KNNBCCB :mad:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am proud of my NS stint and I would willingly have done it for free out of the love of my country and my fellow citizens.

I do not need any vouchers. If I receive any, I will donate them to a worthy charity.

I am starting a charity for aggrieved SBF members. Donate to my charity.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Performing NS is not a chore. It's an honor and a joy. It should be reserved only for true blue citizens. The Johnny-come-latelies do not deserve the privilege.

I would hate the thought of some stupid foreigners being given the opportunity to enjoy 2 years of serving the country the way I did.

I am one of the unfortunate ones who didnt share your joy and honour to enjoy serving NS...but I am sure many SG guys are not as selfish as you are and wld share their joy and honour with new citizens and gals.

anyway..enjoy your $50 and free SAFRA membership from the pap

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

well done...as a gesture, SAFRA membership shd be given as atoken of thanks to all NSmen who have completed their fulltime NS...

what an insult to make NSmen pay for SAFRA membership.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once I ROD (my time call ROD), I called the SAFRA hotline to cancel my SAFRA magazine subscription. The person attending the call have the cheek to ask me why. I almost let go KNNBCCB :mad:

well done..my bro told me to throw NSmen magazines into the trash bin