• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What An Insult!!

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly..the pap is not thankful that you have sacrificed for NS..the way I see it, the pap thinks it is your duty to sacrifice...and you have no choice because it is the law. the pap always carry a big stick and treats all SG guys as small boys

Not to mention the countless senior citizens. Each and every one of them in their own way, no matter how small, helped to build this country. And are now left floundering. A country, like a person, has its karma. This will come back and haunt the PAP. Many of our leaders who came through the army scholarship route will also do well to remember that their wealth and current status are basically built upon the cheap labour and blood sweat and tears of our NS men.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to mention the countless senior citizens. Each and every one of them in their own way, no matter how small, helped to build this country. And are now left floundering. A country, like a person, has its karma. This will come back and haunt the PAP. Many of our leaders who came through the army scholarship route will also do well to remember that their wealth and current status are basically built upon the cheap labour and blood sweat and tears of our NS men.

Exactly...you are right!

and LHL thinks it is a great deal to give you $50 meal/movie voucher

droopal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote Originally Posted by TracyTan866

"even one year is too long if foreigners and others are exempted"

Agreed! For a change 1 year to start with and then with regular adjustment
should derive the optimum level.
Training should be improvised to accommodate the change.

Shortening the NS to one year is also has a good front, any aggressor
would think twice if they perceived our Arm Forces as having upgraded.
No longer need lenghty training must be well-equipped and ready.
Its the perception.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote Originally Posted by TracyTan866

"even one year is too long if foreigners and others are exempted"

Agreed! For a change 1 year to start with and then with regular adjustment
should derive the optimum level.
Training should be improvised to accommodate the change.

Shortening the NS to one year is also has a good front, any aggressor
would think twice if they perceived our Arm Forces as having upgraded.
No longer need lenghty training must be well-equipped and ready.
Its the perception.

i think all singaporeans, including gals, regardless whether native or new citizens shd do NS. that wld be fair and best

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have no objections if the women did something like 1/2 year service in the hospital for their NS but i don't see the point in it.

i think all singaporeans, including new citizens, shd do NS. the reason why pap dare not compel new citizens to do NS is because SG is not an attractive country for foreigners to migrate here

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have no objections if the women did something like 1/2 year service in the hospital for their NS but i don't see the point in it.

You are absolutely right. Our women should serve two years in combat units. If Israeli women can do it, I don't see why ours can't!

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think all singaporeans, including new citizens, shd do NS. the reason why pap dare not compel new citizens to do NS is because SG is not an attractive country for foreigners to migrate here

Exactly! Who in their right minds would want to waste those two youthful and precious years doing something quite distasteful? As a veteran who has completed NS, I tend to wish I did not lost this period of my life and who knows, it may have altered my life and affected me in many ways.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly! Who in their right minds would want to waste those two youthful and precious years doing something quite distasteful? As a veteran who has completed NS, I tend to wish I did not lost this period of my life and who knows, it may have altered my life and affected me in many ways.

yes, so if we have to defend SG, the burden shd be on all singaporeans..18 years to 20years

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel for our SG guys...what an insult LHL has given to our NSmen..

"Speaking at the celebrations at The Float @ the Marina Bay, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said all NSmen will receive vouchers to enjoy a movie or meal with their family and friends.

In addition, Operationally Ready NSmen who are currently serving out their cycles, as well as those who have completed their cycles, will also receive a year's free membership to SAFRA or HomeTeamNS
"

Compare what LHL gave to PRC students who came to SG to study, it is a great insult for our SG guys who have served two years of NS.

Our NSmen shd just reject HLH's free movie vouchers

Give u also complain, don't give u also complain and What's worse is this is from someone who never served NS.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give u also complain, don't give u also complain and What's worse is this is from someone who never served NS.

i am feeling the unfairness for and insult to SG guys...read post#1.

I wld have thrown the vouchers away if I were you

but if you dont feel insulted, go ahead and be happy with what LHL gives you

jw5

Loyal
PTUI! bro madmansg is right, NS is killing SG!

I thought the latest is that he finally got his long awaited promotion and now no longer thinks NS is killing SG?

In fact, there's a rumour that he is now in of charge allaying the concerns of parents of new recruits. :biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
n addition, Operationally Ready NSmen who are currently serving out their cycles, as well as those who have completed their cycles, will also receive a year's free membership to SAFRA or HomeTeamNS

wahlau,,,,give own goal man,,,free membership to SAFRA etc,,might as well dont give,,fucking more stingy than Hokkeins,,,,

Honestly, I dun see any freaking difference between $50 and $100.