• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What An Insult!!

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP Dogs give you $100 NTUC voucher to THANK U for protecting their Foreign Thrash!!!

:oIo:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1232813/1/.html

[quote[
SINGAPORE: More than 900,000 national servicemen (NSmen) will benefit from a S$100m "hongbao" from the Singapore government to commemorate the 45th anniversary of National Service in the country.

Speaking at the celebrations at The Float @ the Marina Bay, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said all NSmen will receive vouchers to enjoy a movie or meal with their family and friends.

In addition, Operationally Ready NSmen who are currently serving out their cycles, as well as those who have completed their cycles, will also receive a year's free membership to SAFRA or HomeTeam NS.

Mr Lee said the "hongbao" will cost the government S$100 million. But he said the gestures will never fully compensate for their personal sacrifices.

The vouchers, with value of between S$50 and S$100 each, can be used for groceries, dining, recreation and at petrol stations, among other things. These will be handed out next year.

Servicemen will receive a letter by post between January and April 2013 informing them of their eligibility for the benefits.

Prime Minister Lee said that the commitment of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) and the Home Team in protecting Singapore has won the country 45 years of peace and stability.

He said fortunately, Singapore has not had to fight a war but added this was not a matter of luck.

He said the SAF, by its very existence and capabilities, has contributed to the stable and peaceful security environment in the region, and helped Singapore maintain friendly relations with its neighbours.

He added the Home Team has protected the country against unconventional threats like extremist terrorism and put would-be perpetrators away before they could do the nation harm.

Mr Lee said looking ahead, he is cautiously optimistic that the region will remain peaceful.

"One key factor is relations between the US and China. We must expect problems, frictions and tensions to arise from time to time between the two countries," he said.

"But both Chinese and American leaders recognise how inter-dependent they have become, and I believe they will strive hard to manage relations and avoid jeopardising their major shared interests."

Mr Lee went on to say: "In Asia, countries are trading, investing, and interacting more and more with one another. But there are also tensions in the region.

"Some ASEAN members have exchanged fire over territorial disputes. Tensions are brewing in the South China Sea and the East China Sea, also because of territorial disputes.

"North Korea remains a potential security flashpoint. In addition, we must always be prepared for emerging and unconventional threats, especially extremist terrorism, which remains a real danger.

"We therefore cannot take our present peace and stability for granted. We must continue to build and maintain a committed, competent and vigilant SAF and Home Team.

"We must upgrade our capabilities steadily year by year, in a sustainable and affordable way. We must help younger generations of Singaporeans who have grown up in a more stable and affluent environment understand these strategic realities, and prepare them for their part in defending Singapore.

"We must also strengthen Total Defence. Every Singaporean must be committed to the defence of Singapore, whether in the military, civil, economic, social or psychological domains."

Prime Minister Lee added that National Service is ultimately about safeguarding Singapore's homes, their loved ones and the country's freedom to determine its own way of life.

And it is a personal duty which generations of NSmen have fulfilled and which every new generation must take up.

So, as Singapore celebrates the first 45 years of National Service, Mr Lee urged Singaporeans to reaffirm their commitment to National Service and a strong SAF and Home Team.

The Defence and Home Affairs ministries say the benefits announced on Monday add to the various measures over the years to recognise servicemen for their vital contributions.

Operationally-ready NSman Captain Indrashah Muhammad Isa described the benefits as a "bonus", adding that "I'm grateful that we have this as part of them recognizing our contributions."

Full-time NSman, Corporal Wong Zeng An, said: "National Service itself, we shouldn't just go running on the logic that there must be carrots or incentives given to us all the time. But rather, we need to see beyond that and understand that National Service is present because of the importance of contributing to the defence and the security of the nation."

To mark 45 years of National Service, a book containing stories and pictures of servicemen over the generations was also launched.

Prime Minister Lee said: "Every Singaporean son is precious. It is our duty to provide our servicemen with all the equipment, training and support they need to fulfil their mission. But newer weapons, better welfare or comfier amenities are only part of the solution. What is most important is our Singapore spirit."

Awards were also given out to 15 people who attained high standards in training and contributed positively to their units as military servicemen.

- CNA/ir
[/quote]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ns is no longer killing sg according to bg madmansg, as the process of killing is over. it's now all about burying. :eek:

Haven't you heard that all the grave yards are being vacated?
Only have room if you can Pay And Pay.

You can check with the Bedok Reservoir if they have room:(

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haven't you heard that all the grave yards are being vacated?
Only have room if you can Pay And Pay.

You can check with the Bedok Reservoir if they have room:(

ok, burial for elites. cremation for peasants. bedok reservoir is reserved for divers only. :p

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Giving you freedom of choice and respecting your individual rights has never been their way.
The worst part is that this has been accepted even by common folk struggling to make ends meet.

They not only accept. Sadly, they believe there is no other option available to them. Very common to hear these struggling folks accepting their fate and pinning all their hope on their children. It's like, it's the end for them.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really wonder whose brainchild is it for the free 1 year membership at SAFRA ? :rolleyes:
How will it benefit anyone ? :rolleyes:
SAFRA Clubhouse very great meh ? Got slot machines huh ?
Why don't they give out Geylang vouchers , that's more practical
:biggrin: :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkees will take whatever crumbs given to them. They won't dare to throw it back at the government. Kiasi and kiasu mah.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
movie to poison the minds of the youth of NS slave children. Most movie nowadays are so stupid. Things that are physically impossible are being portray as beautiful and amazing stunts.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP Dogs give you $100 NTUC voucher to THANK U for protecting their Foreign Thras

100 can buy what?
waste of time on NS and even more waste of time on reservists.
NS time should be reduce and reservists shorten to 1 day per year.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly..the pap is not thankful that you have sacrificed for NS..the way I see it, the pap thinks it is your duty to sacrifice...and you have no choice because it is the law. the pap always carry a big stick and treats all SG guys as small boys

We keep hearing: "Don't take national security and national service for granted." The truth of the matter is, the government has taken NS Men for granted, taken its own citizens for granted. And for far too long. They will only wayang things which do not require money coming out of the coffers - movie vouchers, Safra membership, paternity leave, etc. But yet can spend $1 billion on GBTB, huge $ on F1, YOG, scholarships... all to please the foreigners. Many Singaporean feel betrayed. Yes, betrayed is the word. These are a bunch of leaders not worth fighting for.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought the latest is that he finally got his long awaited promotion and now no longer thinks NS is killing SG?

In fact, there's a rumour that he is now in of charge allaying the concerns of parents of new recruits. :biggrin:

hahahahaha..he has been brainwashed to side with the evil emperor?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncles like me finish reservist already got free $50 voucher or not ah? SAFRA i don't want lah, what for? the only decent thing i can remember during my NS days was getting voucher for discount Tiger beer!

$50 or $100 or free SAFRA membership add up to a big insult for the two years of your life

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly, I dun see any freaking difference between $50 and $100.

the difefrence is $50...but the thought of giving our NSmen $100 and free SAFRA membership to celebrate 45years of NS is an insult.

Why shd our NSmen have to pay for SAFRA membership in the 1st place?

Why shd our NSF have to buy life insurance when they are in the SAF. Shouldnt the SAF compensate their families shd anything happen to NSFs?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Govt should give people the option to take out all the money at 55 or to put it in an annuity. People who need the money immediately will benefit by cashing out. People who do not need the full lumpsum and do not know how to invest their money, may benefit from the interest that CPF gives. It should not be decided for us.

Exactly..good points

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the mindest that has been passed down to all of them, that their way works and is the best and they know best.
Their concern is not for individual Singaporeans and their families, but more on whether they will be a burden to the country.
Giving you freedom of choice and respecting your individual rights has never been their way.
The worst part is that this has been accepted even by common folk struggling to make ends meet.

it's for us to question and prove the pap wrong

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am proud of my NS stint and I would willingly have done it for free out of the love of my country and my fellow citizens.

I do not need any vouchers. If I receive any, I will donate them to a worthy charity.