• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Breakfast Club

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
care to tell us, which model r u certified on?

[h=3]Fleet history[/h]

JAL Boeing 747-100SR with stretched upper deck in 1987​

The airline's last McDonnell Douglas MD-11 J-Bird (JA8582) operated its final flight as Japan Airlines Flight 730 from Hong Kong International Airport to Narita International Airport on October 12, 2004. The aircraft was originally introduced into service on April 1, 1994.[SUP][123][/SUP][SUP][124][/SUP] In addition, the airline operated its last two McDonnell Douglas DC-10 flights on October 31, 2005. One aircraft, JA8543, operated as Japan Airlines Flight 736 from Hong Kong International Airport to Narita International Airport, touched down at 16:05. Another aircraft, JA8541, operated as Japan Airlines Flight 952 from Incheon International Airport to Narita International Airport, touched down at 16:37. This marked the DC-10's last flight with the airline, ending over 30 years of operations for this model.[SUP][123][/SUP]
The airline phased out three Boeing 747-200Fs in the 2008 financial year;[SUP][125][/SUP] and operated its last Boeing 747-300 Classic Jumbo Jet as JALways Flight 73 from Honolulu International Airport to Narita International Airport on July 30, 2009, after 26 years of service to the airline group. The aircraft was met on arrival by the "Father of the 747", Mr Joseph F. "Joe" Sutter.[SUP][126][/SUP] One former JAL 747SR is now being used as a NASA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft.[SUP][127][/SUP] The airline plans to retire all of its Boeing 747 and Airbus A300-600 aircraft by March 2011.[SUP][128][/SUP] The airline retired its last Boeing 747 on March 1, 2011. The last flight was a flight from Honolulu International Airport to Narita International Airport, ending 41 years of service with the Boeing 747.[SUP][129][/SUP]

JAL Boeing 747-300 in 2008​

Hahaha. Red also JAL air steward?

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi why my post didn't appear?

Good morning, welcome to another sister. :smile:

care to tell us, which model r u certified on?

I was only trained on Boeing 747. That was always the aircraft JAL used on SIN-NRT-LAX in my time. Those smaller ones MD ones used on shorter routes from HK or Korea to Japan were only mentioned, not really trained. I've never heard JAL mentioned AirBus in my time. Sorry if I didn't know everything. I just listen to what they taught, did my job and collect my pay. :wink:

Last edited:

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The free hotel and stayover allowance more than enough to cover, unless you want to go on a private shopping spree, then that's at your own expense. Tokyo is the most expensive. I usually hide inside my Narita hotel room and have a hot bath and good rest. Trains to Tokyo city cost something like taxis from Changi Airport to Raffles Place. Taxis cost something like an air ticket from Singapore to KL. I like the noodle shop at Narita Eki though. Transport was free provided by hotel. From Narita station if you want to venture into Tokyo city, then take the train and pay your own fare just like everybody else.

Don't need to worry about that. I have no plans to visit Japan anytime again in the near future. I'm planning for Holland, if it works out.

I'm sure JAL can accommodate that unless they changed their system. I used to fly JAL to Narita then transit to San Francisco. The first day stayover at a Narita hotel was only US$25 extra arranged by JAL. If extended more days, then pay the standard hotel rate, and what hell, you can choose your hotel since you're paying full rate. Of course that time, I made full use of the first day stayover offer and then went to stay in my GF's home. The Narita area isn't bad actually. Very good and inexpensive Japanese food around the Narita Eki (station). Relaxing environment good for strolling around. Trains to Tokyo is within 30 minutes.

ramseth is ireneyeoh. he is now into cross-dressing. courtesy of detective work from bro ramseth (inf).

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't pollute or hijack other people's thread. Please proceed to the class under Professor Of Ramsethology.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I litmus test you all back. Why must all seats be upright, seat belts tightened and window shutters be up at take-off and landing? You all have a whole night to think and Google. I'm logging off and going for dinner now. :wink:

this reply is so 'ramseth-like'. challenge back when being challenge. ramseth you can stop your cross-dressing act already. picha lobang liao.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't pollute or hijack other people's thread. Please proceed to the class under Professor Of Ramsethology.

who the fuck you think you are?

oh yeah you are the mix-blood ramseth clone. 1 ramseth clone defending another ramseth clone. lol.

Last edited:

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forvendet, thanks but don't worry about me and be bothered over others. It's just a thread and just a forum. I'm fine. You have a good morning and good day. :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the shit landed in changi not long ago and am now enjoying shun kway, taro cake and sock brewed kopi o for breakfast in toa payoh. sitting right next to tonychat and sam leong (they are not gay) in their undergarments while surfing the web, we say "hi" to all sbf losers, twits and morons who post so early in the morning. :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
the shit landed in changi not long ago and am now enjoying shun kway, taro cake and sock brewed kopi o for breakfast in toa payoh. sitting right next to tonychat and sam leong (they are not gay) in their undergarments while surfing the web, we say "hi" to all sbf losers, twits and morons who post so early in the morning. :biggrin:

You're back from US? I got the idea that Ramseth is visiting you in US from the way he says timezone.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its Friday...

check this out...

i leave it to you guys to filter the facts from tales.

(posted from elsewhere)...

i'll like to drop my 2cents wrt jal. seems like there are many misconceptions about what to expect from the company yadda yadda. the bond itself is 15months, inclusive of training. so if u happen to hate the job to the core and decided to leave during the bond period, the damage is S$3000.

currently sin-based crews fly to these countries:
tokyo
osaka (usually 1 night stay. unless you forgo your sleep, forget about visiting kyoto, nara etc. you can still explore the places using your points for free travel. then again, that's another hassle to go thru.)
kuala lumpur (there's one pattern with a night's stay, and another pattern that doesn't have layovers)
san francisco (yes, we still fly there and it's getting more common for sin-based crews although we are still sharing the patterns with hkg-based crews)
new york (high allowances + per diem but extremely tiring)
guangzhou (there's layover but rumour has it that it's going to be a turnaround during summer schedules; meaning no layover.)
ho chi minh

there isn't any water confidence test during the interview. the only time you are required to don your swimsuit is during the training in japan and it's only for a day during the emergency training. if u can't swim for nuts but have the guts to jump into the water with a lifevest, you'll survive.

they do skin check during the interviews. you'll be asked to change into a camisole + shorts. if you've seen the uniform, you'll know how conservative and how the crews are actually covered from head to toes. so if you have some pimple scars etc, don't worry. the reason for this check is to see if you have any visible sign of mental problems, like suicidal scars, gang tattoos etc. you can't have a crew who has a problem up there in the head to be responsible for the safety of hundreds of passengers.

the uniform is dark blue jacket suit with white blouse and floral scarf. everyone wears the same uniform regardless of seniority, and it's only the chief purser that wears a checked scarf in white or black.

however, for sin-based there is no promotion within the company, the same goes with any japanese company in singapore. contract is renewable (subject to the company's whims & fancy) for every 5 years. so in a way, you are guarantee for a job for 5 years but maximum length of service is 15 years. you can get tons of compliment letters and sucked up real well to your seniors, but at the end of the 15 years, no matter how good you are, you'll be asked to leave.

during the interviews, i'll say the good-lookers will definitely get an advantage. yes, as superficial as it sounds, jal look for girls with pretty faces or the girl-next-door look and good skin. the "ugly" ones are probably those who had previous experience in another airline or impressive resume, or they are just goddamn lucky that the company is having mass recruitment and doesn't have enough applicants to fill the seats. then again, even if you have a pretty face to boot, but have a "come-slap-me" kind of look or show attitude to girls taking your height blah blah, you'll probably won't stand much chance getting in.

do dress in formal business attire with stockings and dye your hair black. smile, smile, smile. neat and presentable are the keywords as with any interviews that you are going to. just be yourself, know why you want to join the company and be very presentable. this isn't SQ, so leave your red nail polish at home since red nails are a representation of prostitutes in japan's culture. don't cross your legs too.

something about the company that i think all wannabes should know before taking the plunge. this is a japanese company. everything is about going by the book regardless of how ridiculous some of the rules may sound. and with all asian carriers, being a junior means you have to respect your seniors. the japanese crews are the "superior" ones and we get "bullied" by them at times. of course, you still meet nice crews every now and then, but i'd say the first 6 months of your flying life will be rather difficult to be dealt with. once you know your work (after a year), nobody will touch you.

the singapore base is a rather small base so if you happen to be condemn because of your attitude etc, word gets around the office pretty fast. so you've gotta learn to play your cards well.

then there's always some plus points about being in jal. the thing with foreign base crew is that your command of japanese language isn't that good, which means you can get away with certain situations. and our responsible isn't that big compared to those in sq etc. galley work is so much simpler. and since we get an average of 2-3 long hauls a month, we earn our per diem and allowances easier. although the layovers are long, compared sq where you are required to be on duty at least 4-5 days a week, which works out to 20 days of working on average, at jal, you can earn relatively the same amount with only 10-12 days of duty. for example, if you have 1 new york, 1 sfo and 1 osaka flight in a month, you can earn about $3k. most of the flights we're doing are like 'business' flights, the passengers aren't the touristy, demanding types. meaning less vomits to deal with too.

friggin long post but hope all this helps.

Last edited: