• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Breakfast Club

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only have stayover allowance? Like that, who want to fly to NRT? Sekali, eat one meal all the allowance finish. Normally, how much does allowance for a roster like SIN/NRT/LAX? These allowances got kena tax or not?

Allowance is adjusted at the cost of living for foreign crew in every country. So the Japan allowance is also the highest. When back in Singapore, we Singaporean crew had no allowance at all. It's non-taxable. Report it on the forms and then deduct it off as expenses. No problem.

SIN-NRT-LAX is considered one trip by passengers but never on one shift with same crew. I usually got SIN-NRT duty as I'm a Singaporean Chinese girl. Most passengers on that leg of the trip are either Singaporeans or Japanese. But sometimes when short staffed, I got the NRT-LAX duty since I speak English.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allowance is adjusted at the cost of living for foreign crew in every country. So the Japan allowance is also the highest. When back in Singapore, we Singaporean crew had no allowance at all. It's non-taxable. Report it on the forms and then deduct it off as expenses. No problem.

SIN-NRT-LAX is considered one trip by passengers but never on one shift with same crew. I usually got SIN-NRT duty as I'm a Singaporean Chinese girl. Most passengers on that leg of the trip are either Singaporeans or Japanese. But sometimes when short staffed, I got the NRT-LAX duty since I speak English.
Understand the basic pay of air stewardess is quite low. Most of the income from allowance. Do the company pay you allowance before you fly or after you fly? Can be quite 'siong' if have to wait after you return from the trip.

Ramseth (Inf)

Alfrescian
Loyal
You win the best clone award if there's one. Hundreds of thousands of Singaporeans have visited Narita and Tokyo, not necessarily aircrew only.

eh... this will be the last time i am replying to your post.

i feel yucky talking to a man disguising as a woman on line. :eek:

bye bye.

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand the basic pay of air stewardess is quite low. Most of the income from allowance. Do the company pay you allowance before you fly or after you fly? Can be quite 'siong' if have to wait after you return from the trip.

Allowance got tables and charts according to destinations, currencies and indices, and paid after the flights, all in a lump sum with monthly basic salary but classified under allowance, except under emergency provisos. Allowance is usually higher than basic salary, yes. But allowance won't be computed for bonus.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

"Self-Pity", by D.H. Lawrence

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allowance got tables and charts according to destinations and paid after the flights, all in a lump sum with monthly basic salary but classified under allowance, except under emergency provisos. Allowance is usually higher than basic salary, yes. But allowance won't be computed for bonus.
Hi Irene,

Thanks for the useful information. BTW, need to contribute CPF? What is the age/qualifications to apply for position of Air steward/air stewardess? What about appearance?

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I more worried I have to do CPR on her .................. songsong kau Jurong.

Ms Yeoh: No angry ok? We balu joking.

The handcuffs not meant for me. Not meant for us too. Was meant for YOU! I don't want to get molested while watching the movie coz movies these days very expensive.

Not angry. Joking is OK. But handcuffs always remind me of blur police bullies. They handcuffed my sister just for being passenger when it was her boyfriend driving with suspended licence. After all the night's trouble in police station almost till morning, they then released my sister just saying you can go home, no offence, charging her boyfriend only. So easy handcuff first talk later, what about all the traumas my sister suffered?

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Irene,

Thanks for the useful information. BTW, need to contribute CPF? What is the age/qualifications to apply for position of Air steward/air stewardess? What about appearance?

Allowance not computed for CPF too. Most airlines, stewardess must join before 24 and stewards must join before 28. Good looks are good but actually not the main criteria. They'll train stewardesses how to make up and look good and stewards how to groom up and look up. Important appearance requirements are you must not be too fat or too short, then no amount of make up or groom up can help you. Too tall is also out, there're height limits for stewards and even pilots.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allowance not computed for CPF too. Most airlines, stewardess must join before 24 and stewards must join before 28. Good looks are good but actually not the main criteria. They'll train stewardesses how to make up and look good and stewards how to groom up and look up. Important appearance requirements are you must not be too fat or too short, then no amount of make up or groom up can help you. Too tall is also out, there's cabin height limit for stewards and even pilots.
Any specific min. height and max.? O level qualifications can?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not angry. Joking is OK. But handcuffs always remind me of blur police bullies. They handcuffed my sister just for being passenger when it was her boyfriend driving with suspended licence. After all the night's trouble in police station almost till morning, they then released my sister just saying you can go home, no offence, charging her boyfriend only. So easy handcuff first talk later, what about all the traumas my sister suffered?

You should have lodged a complaint. Was your sister a state sprinter that runs 100m in under 12 seconds that the mata were worried she would out-sprint them? Was your sister aggressive in her behavior that police had to cuff her for disorderly behavior?

Women are seldom handcuffed. Old men, ladies and kids too. Unless exceptional circumstances which are almost always linked to escape from arrest factor. If mass arrests, more likely to cuff them.

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any specific min. height and max.? O level qualifications can?

O Levels can already, but A Levels better of course. Score well on your English and Chinese. But that's not enough even if A1. Many A1 scorers can write but can't speak well. There's an oral exam in the recruitment interview process. It's much tougher than A Levels. I attended basic Japanese course (private paid by my own) for three months before I went to apply for that JAL interview. It allowed me to opt for Japanese exam for admittance to JLPT course. Once admitted, it's paid by JAL. :smile:

I can't remember the specific heights. Should be roughly between 1.65 and 1.75m.

Last edited:

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should have lodged a complaint. Was your sister a state sprinter that runs 100m in under 12 seconds that the mata were worried she would out-sprint them? Was your sister aggressive in her behavior that police had to cuff her for disorderly behavior?

Women are seldom handcuffed. Old men, ladies and kids too. Unless exceptional circumstances which are almost always linked to escape from arrest factor. If mass arrests, more likely to cuff them.

That should be the way, don't anyhow handcuff children, women and old folks unless there's serious violence, then I cannot say. But blur police bullies nowadays anyhow handcuff innocent people. How's my sister violent? She agreed to go to police station with them nicely and yet still handcuffed. :mad:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
O Levels can already, but A Levels better of course. Score well on your English and Chinese. But that's not enough even if A1. Many A1 scorers can write but can't speak well. There's an oral exam in the recruitment interview process. It's much tougher than A Levels. I attended basic Japanese course (private paid by my own) for three months before I went to apply for that JAL interview. It allowed me to opt for Japanese exam for admittance to JLPT course. Once admitted, it's paid by JAL. :smile:

I can't remember the specific heights. Should be roughly between 1.65 and 1.75m.
Thanks again. BTW, just curious, how many sets of uniforms does a FA get per year? And normally, one trip need to bring how many sets? Do the hotel provide laundry for free?

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks again. BTW, just curious, how many sets of uniforms does a FA get per year? And normally, one trip need to bring how many sets? Do the hotel provide laundry for free?

I don't know about now but my time, I was issued with six sets. There's no per year basis. If worn out then requisite for replacement. Laundry and ironing were no problem at all. Hotel took care and all billed between hotel and airline. We usually travel with three sets, one set we wear and two sets standby. Those were very good, better than what we bought at shopping centres for ourselves, tailor-made-to-measure. But by airline contract tailor of course.

Last edited: