• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai Language Lovers -share rescources here!

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
oic thanks for confirming this.

I found this soh pay nee from the thai translation site. As you know it usually lists out a number of thai words when it translates which is the same as any language site.

Like in english whore can translate to hooker, prostitute, working lady (sg context), free lancer, mistress even.

BTW

1: can you clarify this for me. Is jim or hee more commonly used to refer to the pussy? Cos i saw someone say jim = pussy but i always hear them say hee.

2: What does lu chak mean? Is it a verb or something? I always hear them say lu chak.

3: What does e-don or idon mean? Is there a meaning?

Thanks for teaching.

Hee is original, direct on and has vulgar tone to it, whereas Jim has a cute tone and used primarily to describe the anatomy of young female children:wink:
soh pay nee is more of an official language but for spoken language there are many more to call this profession, like kaa rii, puying har kin (working lady) etc

For lu chak or idon, it really out of my grasp, could it be roo jak ( know ) like people ask you "Khun roo jak Ramseth mai ?" then you answer " Roo, phom roo jak "

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee bye kia tonychat,

i dunno if any1 here thinks that thai ppl are inferior.

all i know is many ppl here know that u r a fucking moron; the inferior type of moron may i add :oIo::oIo:

i notice a change of character in your recent post. why:biggrin: stop pretending to be nice. kena assed too much by OA liao is it. scare liao huh.

pui. fuck you! what a hyprocrite :oIo::oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
soh pay nee is more of an official language but for spoken language there are many more to call this profession, like kaa rii, puying har kin (working lady) etc

For lu chak or idon, it really out of my grasp, could it be roo jak ( know ) like people ask you "Khun roo jak Ramseth mai ?" then you answer " Roo, phom roo jak "

Roo khrab. Tae idon pen arai, phom mai roo jak.

Phu ying haa kin is what Teochew/Hokkien refers to as dtan jiak chah borh (赚吃女人)or Cantonese refers to as wan sek nuoi yan(揾食女人)or Malay refers to as perempuan cari makan. Literally meaning, women finding means to eat.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
oic thanks for confirming this.

BTW

1: can you clarify this for me. Is jim or hee more commonly used to refer to the pussy? Cos i saw someone say jim = pussy but i always hear them say hee.

Thanks for teaching.

Actually do you see people in Singapore, talking about pussy, vagina, cheebye? So in thailand also same thing, seldom talk about this

like if you said jim or hee more commonly used, depends on individual's prefs whether they like to refer it as pussy, vagina or cheeby.

If heard most among the rare few is jim, follow by hoy, then hee, or you want refer as nong-saaw also can. :o

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thai language is not nice at all. I hate speaking that language, for your info. And when you live with them for long enough, you will know the culture is inferior. I'll be very surprised if anyone is interested in Thai culture.

Actually you are right. If they want to slap you with a crime and can't find any, they will slap you with the most serious one which is lest majeste. :o

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually do you see people in Singapore, talking about pussy, vagina, cheebye? So in thailand also same thing, seldom talk about this

like if you said jim or hee more commonly used, depends on individual's prefs whether they like to refer it as pussy, vagina or cheeby.

If heard most among the rare few is jim, follow by hoy, then hee, or you want refer as nong-saaw also can. :o

yes i do. In this forum ppl are always talking about vaginas.

Yeah now i remember hoy = pussy and hoy actually means oyster.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Finally you're implying to me that the stereotype of thailand and whores is true? It's implying that thailand is like one big whore house with whores that don't really speak an international language like english and hence the need for people to speak their language.

Those who sterotype Thai ladies as whores are real ignorant. I think maybe 95% of Thai ladies are normal people.

Most of my Thai colleagues are bankers of course, and those I deal with are either bankers or financial people. They are normal people like you and me. Some even earn more than us ok.

I've got 5 pals (all Engineering trained graduate) marrying Thai ladies and their wife are normal people, in fact they are professionals.

If anyone thinks that all Thai girls are whores, then they need to re-orientated themselves intensively!!

:mad:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course, not all Thai women are whores. My aunt is Thai from a rubber plantation owning family. My cousin is married to a Thai garment factory owner.

However, that doesn't negate the fact that Thailand has about 6% of it's population in the sex industry. That's the highest percentage in the world. That's about 4 million.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If so interested or "in love" with Thai, go to a Thai language website or buy a Thai language book. Learn the 44 consonants, 32 vowels and 4 tonemarks. 32 vowels may sound shocking but Thai classifies compounds and dipthongs as vowels too. It should take one to two weeks depending on hours per day devoted. So that's about all to it. The tonemarks are more tricky though. The tones varies with "classes" of consonants even with same tonemarks. But if you get there, you're there!

You are right bro. Is so difficult. Learning the 4th tone nearly killed me.

:smile:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This thread is to discuss Thai langugae and not Tonychat the faggot!!

If he talks about Thai language is fine. If he starts flaming, just let him talk to himself!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who sterotype Thai ladies as whores are real ignorant. I think maybe 95% of Thai ladies are normal people.

Most of my Thai colleagues are bankers of course, and those I deal with are either bankers or financial people. They are normal people like you and me. Some even earn more than us ok.

I've got 5 pals (all Engineering trained graduate) marrying Thai ladies and their wife are normal people, in fact they are professionals.

If anyone thinks that all Thai girls are whores, then they need to re-orientated themselves intensively!!

well it wasn't me but more like queen was well sort of implying that. She wasn't even very specific i asked but she didn't want to tell saying thai culture is not very good etc etc and she didn't compare to which culture.

On the issue of whoring well there's official and unofficial. The legal geylang ones would probably be official i guess. Then again they go overseas so no one in the country would know what they actually do. You get what i mean?

Percentage wise i'm not sure and i neither would you but i supposed it should be a small minority. In any case you know the stereotype. Someone has a thai gf and someone is going to think oh is she a ktv gal or something like that. Same thing with china girls too i guess.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
well it wasn't me but more like queen was well sort of implying that. She wasn't even very specific i asked but she didn't want to tell saying thai culture is not very good etc etc and she didn't compare to which culture.

Don't put words into my mouth. Which part of my post did I imply that Thai ladies are whores ?

That Thai culture is inferior does not mean Thai ladies are whores.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thais are some of the best liars and storymakers in the world. Back to the topic of language, does anyone know why the number 6 is used in reference to lying?

The Thai for lying (koh hok) corresponds with the Teochew/Hokkien for lying (hao laak), both referring to fooling around with the number 6.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thais are some of the best liars and storymakers in the world. Back to the topic of language, does anyone know why the number 6 is used in reference to lying?

The Thai for lying (koh hok) corresponds with the Teochew/Hokkien for lying (hao laak), both referring to fooling around with the number 6.

I agree with yandao that Thais are best liars.

The number 6 represents Satan. Satan means 'deceiver'.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
5 tone marks, my dear, not 4

Buddy, I said 4th tone and not 4 tones. If you learn Thai, you will know what I mean. Foreigners always have problems with the 4th tone. The Thai 4th tones has no Mandarin tones equivalent! Being Chinese, is just difficult for me!

:smile:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5 tone marks, my dear, not 4

There're five tones but four tonemarks. Ehk, Thoh, Tree and Chattawaa have tonemarks. Saaman has no tonemark. Unless you count Kaaran (silent) as a tonemark, but it's not usually considered a tonemark, just a diacritical.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Well if you know that the thai word for lying is goh hok then it's pretty obvious why 6 is used to refer to lying.

Btw do you know why 5555 in chat rooms = laughter?

I'll let you answer that one.