• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai Language Lovers -share rescources here!

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have any Thai FR for a long time liao.

This thread is for those seriously interested in learning or appreciating Thai Language (for whatever reaason).

Well bro, you got a fan here! :biggrin:

I think the best way to appreciate and learn Thai is to be there to live it... :biggrin:

When you going up again??? :biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Me : Arb Nam, mai ??:biggrin::biggrin:

Thai Gal : Mai au .... shy shy ...:biggrin:

:mad::mad:

shy = ai2 (second Thai tone).
Correct way to speak is:

You : Arb2 naam4 duay3 kan2 mai5? (wanna bath together?)
Puying : Mai5 au kha4, chan4 ai2 mak3 (dun want, I'm very shy)

:p

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well bro, you got a fan here! :biggrin:

I think the best way to appreciate and learn Thai is to be there to live it... :biggrin:

When you going up again??? :biggrin:

Right, the best way to learn is to live there. But no chance to get posted there. I'm not sure when I going up. You?

I learn Thai in a Singapore lanaguage school. I can speak cos I communicate with my Thai colleagues in Bangkok and Chiangmai everyday. My company has got subsidaries in Thailand!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me i learnt a couple of thai bad words or vulgar words. Pls don't use them on thai ppl cos it's rude. Something like saying knnbccb to someone else.

Meung = you. Offensive.

E-sart = fuck you not shown on any translation site.

kwan tin = step on you

kwai = buffalo

ao kan = have sex

Btw i don't understand these words

lu chak

and something bao.

also e-dor or e-don.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Meung = you. Offensive.

kwan tin = step on you

kwai = buffalo

ao kan = have sex

Btw i don't understand these words

lu chak

and something bao.

also e-dor or e-don.

Bro, sorry I am not good at vulgar Thai words, cos my I never learn that in language school. Besides my fellow Thailand managers in Thai also do not use vulgarities with me. I am not kidding. Really.

What I know :

Kwan Tin = same meaning as the hokkien words :"kwai lan"
Yaa Kwan Tin gap phom = Dun kwai lan with me

au kan = want each other (slang for intercourse).

Others I really dun know. Sorry!! Khor Thod khap!

:biggrin:

Sometimes I really want to scold my Thai colleagues vugarities, but just dunno the words!! So sad

:(

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me i learnt a couple of thai bad words or vulgar words. Pls don't use them on thai ppl cos it's rude. Something like saying knnbccb to someone else.

Sart is animal/beast is a very offensive and strong word.

Most of them will link it with sart-lai (lai is evil) with evil worst than animal.

sart-jai (jai is heart) evil hearted like a beast.

Kari (curry) is whore.
But scold people kari is not that strong yet. Those who say

Luuk kari can anytime be hantum on the streets.

So in thai, if want to eat green curry, please refrain from saying curry. say gaeng khiao wan:p

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My favourite

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VyKgmE-51qA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VyKgmE-51qA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:smile:

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Right, the best way to learn is to live there. But no chance to get posted there. I'm not sure when I going up. You?

I learn Thai in a Singapore lanaguage school. I can speak cos I communicate with my Thai colleagues in Bangkok and Chiangmai everyday. My company has got subsidaries in Thailand!!

Oh, I also learned my basic Thai in language school.. only talk, not yet read or write.. thinking of going for these soon..

My Thai picked up from frens who are more fluent.. but still not proper la.. :biggrin:

I looking for Kakis to go up (anywhere there), but so far no takers..haiz...:(

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh, I also learned my basic Thai in language school.. only talk, not yet read or write.. thinking of going for these soon..

My Thai picked up from frens who are more fluent.. but still not proper la.. :biggrin:

I looking for Kakis to go up (anywhere there), but so far no takers..haiz...:(

If possible, go for more lessons. Try not to pick up from Singapore friends first. Do it after you build up a reasonably ok foundation.

Reason, most of them cannot pronounce correctly. So you may learn the wrong things. Later you to have unlearn what you have learned.

I got a lot of cheongsters friends speaks very good Thai, but sounds not correct tones!

:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sart is animal/beast is a very offensive and strong word.

Most of them will link it with sart-lai (lai is evil) with evil worst than animal.

sart-jai (jai is heart) evil hearted like a beast.

Kari (curry) is whore.
But scold people kari is not that strong yet. Those who say

Luuk kari can anytime be hantum on the streets.

So in thai, if want to eat green curry, please refrain from saying curry. say gaeng khiao wan:p

No wonder i was thinking what my thai fren was saying when she said kao li. She doesn't speak english so well. Btw it's not pronounced curry, it's pronounced kao li. I also know another thai word for whore and it's soh pay nee.

Other thai slang

kway = banana = slang word for cock.

I am sure you geniuses can figure out why banana = dick in thai.

Hee = chee bye

Anyway one very strong word to use to insult others is meung.

Meung simply means you but it's an offensive word.

Meung pai nai is very rude rather than phom or chan pai nai.

You try using meung on someone can get into a fight.