• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai Language Lovers -share rescources here!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder i was thinking what my thai fren was saying when she said kao li. She doesn't speak english so well. Btw it's not pronounced curry, it's pronounced kao li. I also know another thai word for whore and it's soh pay nee.
kao li can be Korea

Khon kao li means Korean.

whore is confirm kari

very seldom people use soh pay nee.

All these i learn from watching thai tv channels.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kao li can be Korea

Khon kao li means Korean.

whore is confirm kari

very seldom people use soh pay nee.

All these i learn from watching thai tv channels.

oic thanks for confirming this.

I found this soh pay nee from the thai translation site. As you know it usually lists out a number of thai words when it translates which is the same as any language site.

Like in english whore can translate to hooker, prostitute, working lady (sg context), free lancer, mistress even.

BTW

1: can you clarify this for me. Is jim or hee more commonly used to refer to the pussy? Cos i saw someone say jim = pussy but i always hear them say hee.

2: What does lu chak mean? Is it a verb or something? I always hear them say lu chak.

3: What does e-don or idon mean? Is there a meaning?

Thanks for teaching.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't believe there are guys who are 'Thai Language Lovers'.

Thai Language is only a means to an end.

This one I agree with you. The language is a tool, not a lover.

If one's really technically interested or required to learn it, go and learn it from ko-kai, kho-khai...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't believe there are guys who are 'Thai Language Lovers'.

Thai Language is only a means to an end.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Are u implying that ppl here only learn the language for a purpose? I am thinking that purpose is to get to know more thai gals to screw.

Okay i don't deny that many guys go to thailand for that but i am sure there are many others that appreciate the culture for what it is.

I mean take yourself as an example. You say you not only know thai spoken language but can read their writings. Why did you immerse yourself so deeply in their culture? Just so that you can live in their country which isn't as expensive as singapore? I doubt it. There's no need to really learn the thai language at such an advanced level if you're just residing there temporarily.

In any case i find your statement rather offensive and stereotypical since i doubt every male wants to learn thai just solely for that purpose.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no need to really learn the thai language at such an advanced level if you're just residing there temporarily.

I think QSD and I are the only two forummers here who can read and write Thai. Tonychat sure can speak Thai, but read and write, I'm not so sure.

Anyway, if living in Thailand for extended period, learning to read and write Thai makes living easier and less dependent on companions. One can explore around more freely and safely even when alone. In many areas, practically all signages are written in Thai and everyone speaks Thai only.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I mean take yourself as an example. You say you not only know thai spoken language but can read their writings. Why did you immerse yourself so deeply in their culture? Just so that you can live in their country which isn't as expensive as singapore? I doubt it. There's no need to really learn the thai language at such an advanced level if you're just residing there temporarily.

If I put myself forward as an example, it's not an example that proves I'm interested in Thai language; in fact, it's the very opposite. I learn Thai not because I love the language; I picked up the language out of necessity.

You think it's not necessary to 'immerse myself deeply in the culture' just so that I can live in the country ? Do you know all my bills are in Thai language ? Even the freaking notices posted by the Management of the Condo are all in Thai. You may not think it's important, but if the notices are about temporary shut down of electricity or water, you will understand how important it's to be able to read the language.

Of course I'm going to stereotype the males and their motivation for learning Thai language. Just scroll up and read the translation for the words they're seeking. People are asking about 'pussy', 'prostitute' etc. Oh, please tell me I'm mistaken. Guys are interested in the Thai language, not Thai pussies.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I put myself forward as an example, it's not an example that proves I'm interested in Thai language; in fact, it's the very opposite. I learn Thai not because I love the language; I picked up the language out of necessity.

You think it's not necessary to 'immerse myself deeply in the culture' just so that I can live in the country ? Do you know all my bills are in Thai language ? Even the freaking notices posted by the Management of the Condo are all in Thai. You may not think it's important, but if the notices are about temporary shut down of electricity or water, you will understand how important it's to be able to read the language.

Of course I'm going to stereotype the males and their motivation for learning Thai language. Just scroll up and read the translation for the words they're seeking. People are asking about 'pussy', 'prostitute' etc. Oh, please tell me I'm mistaken. Guys are interested in the Thai language, not Thai pussies.

Oic thanks for sharing now we have a clearer picture.

Btw why did you disable your PM? If you have the ability to read thai words do you know how invaluable your advice will be to the peeps here that want to stay in thailand? Of course i understand that you being a female would attract unwanted attention from some males in here but you could always choose not to even read or reply to them.

Yes i understand what you mean by some ppl talking about genitals for eg further strengthening your point but then again i believe it extends across all cultures. Someone once told me ppl usually learn or have a deeper impression of the vulgar words of a new language they are trying to
speak. I can see his point. These vulgar words affect the people that speak that language more deeply. Imagine an ang moh for example saying chee bye, it leaves a lasting impression.

Finally you're implying to me that the stereotype of thailand and whores is true? It's implying that thailand is like one big whore house with whores that don't really speak an international language like english and hence the need for people to speak their language.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If so interested or "in love" with Thai, go to a Thai language website or buy a Thai language book. Learn the 44 consonants, 32 vowels and 4 tonemarks. 32 vowels may sound shocking but Thai classifies compounds and dipthongs as vowels too. It should take one to two weeks depending on hours per day devoted. So that's about all to it. The tonemarks are more tricky though. The tones varies with "classes" of consonants even with same tonemarks. But if you get there, you're there!

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally you're implying to me that the stereotype of thailand and whores is true? It's implying that thailand is like one big whore house with whores that don't really speak an international language like english and hence the need for people to speak their language.

I don't know which part of my post carried that implication.

Thailand is the easiest place for Singaporeans to emigrate and live there. Why ? You can obtain back to back TR which means tourist visas. In fact you can live there for a few years solely on TR. All that you need is 'determination'. Mastering the language will make things so much easier. Why ? You are going to live here, you're not going to buy groceries or have your meals at tourist outlets. Once you're outside the tourist belt, nobody speaks English !! Once you're outside the tourist belt, things are 50% cheaper.

Thai language is not nice at all. I hate speaking that language, for your info. And when you live with them for long enough, you will know the culture is inferior. I'll be very surprised if anyone is interested in Thai culture.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thailand is the easiest place for Singaporeans to emigrate and live there. Why ? You can obtain back to back TR which means tourist visas. In fact you can live there for a few years solely on TR. All that you need is 'determination'. Mastering the language will make things so much easier. Why ? You are going to live here, you're not going to buy groceries or have your meals at tourist outlets. Once you're outside the tourist belt, nobody speaks English !! Once you're outside the tourist belt, things are 50% cheaper.

Thai language is not nice at all. I hate speaking that language, for your info. And when you live with them for long enough, you will know the culture is inferior. I'll be very surprised if anyone is interested in Thai culture.

Cheers to that! Finally, QSD and I agree on something. :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for sharing.

Could you elaborate more on the part which i highlighted in red?

You see i doubt any of us here has lived in thailand as long as you or probably knows the language as well as you. You can even read their written words to pay the bills therefore i believe among all the samsters in here you have the most knowledge here.

Could you be so kind as to elaborate why thai culture is inferior? Inferior to which culture? I would assume you are referring to chinese or sinkie culture? There are many sinkies that holiday or choose to stay in thailand and i am sure they would appreciate any advice or knowlegde imparted to them by someone that has blazed the trail before them.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing.

Could you elaborate more on the part which i highlighted in red?

You see i doubt any of us here has lived in thailand as long as you or probably knows the language as well as you. You can even read their written words to pay the bills therefore i believe among all the samsters in here you have the most knowledge here.

Could you be so kind as to elaborate why thai culture is inferior? Inferior to which culture? I would assume you are referring to chinese or sinkie culture? There are many sinkies that holiday or choose to stay in thailand and i am sure they would appreciate any advice or knowlegde imparted to them by someone that has blazed the trail before them.

Not in this thread. You can start a new thread bashing the Thais.

I'm unemployed, that's why I stay up late. Not sure about Ramseth and you.

Anyway, I'm not in Thailand now. I'm in Taiwan.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not in this thread. You can start a new thread bashing the Thais.

I'm unemployed, that's why I stay up late. Not sure about Ramseth and you.

Anyway, I'm not in Thailand now. I'm in Taiwan.

What?

How could u totally change the onus and actually tell me to start a thread on thai bashing when it was YOU that specifically mentioned that thai culture is inferior. None of us mentioned that it was inferior except you but somehow you refuse to elaborate on why it's inferior. You also didn't give a comparative culture that thai culture is inferior to. I assume you mean thai culture is inferior to chinese culture?

Your prolonged stay in thailand means you have gleaned invaluable knowledge about thailand and i hope you'll share your experiences over there with us.

PS, i'll start a new thread if you want me to, pls promise you'll share with us.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
What?

How could u totally change the onus and actually tell me to start a thread on thai bashing when it was YOU that specifically mentioned that thai culture is inferior. None of us mentioned that it was inferior except you but somehow you refuse to elaborate on why it's inferior. You also didn't give a comparative culture that thai culture is inferior to. I assume you mean thai culture is inferior to chinese culture?

Your prolonged stay in thailand means you have gleaned invaluable knowledge about thailand and i hope you'll share your experiences over there with us.

PS, i'll start a new thread if you want me to, pls promise you'll share with us.

It's because this thread is about Thai language, and the aim of the OP is to pool together resources for people who want to learn the language.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.

Hello, I want to sleep.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's because this thread is about Thai language, and the aim of the OP is to pool together resources for people who want to learn the language.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.

Hello, I want to sleep.

OKay i start a new thread tomorrow. Hope you'll share with us.

Good night.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

All the while, i compare the behavior of Thai and sinkies in the BTS or MRT daily, i never come arcoss the Thais as inferior,in fact , the way sinkie talk ( loud) and act, they are the ones who are inferior and has no shame.

The Thais just enjoy their own Thai happiness and dun really bother much.
They do their own things and dun really care what other things such as sinkie's loser habit of comparing others in terms of riches , cars and ego. The Thais do not waste their time on such meaningless waste of childish squabbles.

The chinese thais and educated thais just get on their hands and feet to earn their riches , buy lands and property, set up businesses, sell gold to earn real riches than talking about it. This is how they use their freedom fully to achieve a lfe they wanted. I wonder if a sinkie knows what freedom is as they surrender their ass willingly for some security net over their life. so pathetic!!!