• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bodoh Sinkies conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

anybody who pays thousands of dollars upfront for a house/apartment that is not even constructed yet deserves to be conned. That's the price one pays for greed!

to pay for a new development in the middle of a vibrant and established city is one thing.

To pay for one in the middle of an oil palm plantation in malaysia is madness!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

yup.
Just like batam/binatn ppty in the 1990s

Singapore wasn't v crowded n expensive then. It is more of a push n pull factor that makes people buy in JB. 6.9 mil pop by 2030 is no joke, n we r prob already feeling e effects of it now as we grow towards e target. Note e increase is due to intake of rich n talented foreigners. It is unavoidable tt e low to middle classes will be gradually pushed outwards from Singapore. Singapore is not big. A light push outward from expensive city center will land u in JB.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

singapore wasn't v crowded n expensive then. It is more of a push n pull factor that makes people buy in jb. 6.9 mil pop by 2030 is no joke, n we r prob already feeling e effects of it now as we grow towards e target. Note e increase is due to intake of rich n talented foreigners. It is unavoidable tt e low to middle classes will be gradually pushed outwards from singapore. Singapore is not big. A light push outward from expensive city center will land u in jb.

therein lies the danger.

The malaysians are trying to engineer a vibrant city out of an oil palm plantation in jb.
And we all know the track record of malaysians.
A country run by the likes of mahatir and their cronies is just too risky.

Malaysia will always be malaysia no matter what.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed on your first point. Only time will tell what prices will become. Nobody has the crystal ball.

on the contrary, those who are bullish about malaysia ppty are those who missed out on spore ppty, or priced out of the spore market.
Hence they dont want to miss out the next big thing which is now jb.

Just like batam or bintan ppty - lots of sporeans and even banyan tree lost huge amounts of money back in the 1990s

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal

therein lies the danger.

The malaysians are trying to engineer a vibrant city out of an oil palm plantation in jb.

Mahatir is is still running the country? you must have insider information....otherwise, I thought Najib could not be bothered with the senile old chap....
So you invest in properties in Singapore? What is your take of Australian properties? Foreigners living overseas are still prevented from buying existing homes and only allowed to buy or build new ones....so who do you sell to after you buy?

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Typical sinkie response.

Peter lim / Cap land / temasek etc... are there to build and SELL to you.

As long as there are buyers, there will be developers.
Developers build, sell and F off.

They are definitely not there for the long term.

That's one thing you are right about Iskandar Malaysia - There are buyers.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

on the contrary, those who are bullish about malaysia ppty are those who missed out on spore ppty, or priced out of the spore market.
Hence they dont want to miss out the next big thing which is now jb.

Just like batam or bintan ppty - lots of sporeans and even banyan tree lost huge amounts of money back in the 1990s

That's the 2nd thing you are right about Iskandar Malaysia - It's the next Big thing.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Not sure about motorcity but medical suites and medical centres can definitely be sold. 1 unit at mt e in spore currently goes for 8-10million.

2. All the talk of medical suites/medical centre etc.. Are to draw in the condo buyers now. They will only build the motorcity/hospital later if and only if there are enough people staying there. In malaysia, they can always change their minds later.

yes the suites and centres can be sold but will they be sold? i dont share your view that temasek, capitaland,peter lim are not investing long term. to me, they are making a strategic move to Iskandar and not just hit-and-run. Do you think its easy to sell off the medical centres and the acres of land just like that? peter lim's collaboration with the Johor royalty - do you think msia would just let him earn truckloads of money, wrap up and exit the scene easily? freehold land next door and where sporeans have been frequenting - why not? And its not just SG whos interested in iskandar - China is moving in too ..in a big style.

didnt mean to be rude or sarcastic, really no offence - but i am not sure why are u here in this forum because i assume the visitors/members here are interested or at least keen to explore investment opportunities in msia. Its like a person entering a pet shop and declaring to the customers he doesnt like dogs because they are dirty, noisy, expensive to maintain etc etc .. and i guess the majority of the customers would have already thought through all these inconvenience and risk of getting bitten etc and still keen to get a dog... just like the members/visitors here. i believe most of us are aware of the dangers and risks associated with investment in msia and most would have done a pretty good job researching and analyzing, not like those who were cheated into buying non-existent projects. Of course, this is a public forum and is freely open for discussion so you have your right to air your view too. I guess your mindset and perception of investing in msia wont change at the end of the day and i think our mindsets wont too - i wish you success in your investment in SG and overseas

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

therein lies the danger.

Personally, buying a house in JB fulfills my dream to own a freehold landed house at a low cost. Whether Iskandar succeeds or not is not critical to me because the towns are already very vibrant. I bought my houses as they are rather than betting on some distant future. If Iskandar really succeeds, good for all. If not, so be it for me.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

FHBH, not everyone like tat hockbeng who must be rich. Try telling those 400k Msians whos working in Sinkieland. Travel up and down every day. Worth it or not? Practical or not? I have few Chinese/Malay Sinkie friends whos doing the same thing as wat those Msian WP holders doing every day. Work in Sinkieland. Stay in JB. End of the mth, looking at their pay slip, they told me WORTH every drop of their sweat!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i was referring to spore citizens with school going children thinking about moving to malaysia while studying and working in spore.
There is a difference.

Yes. The diff is they r Msian. U r sinkie. And Sinkie been pampared most of the time by the garment. Abit of hardship, complain here and tere. But want easy $$. But dont want to slot for it! Typical sinkie ya.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes. The diff is they r msian. U r sinkie. And sinkie been pampared most of the time by the garment. Abit of hardship, complain here and tere. But want easy $$. But dont want to slot for it! Typical sinkie ya.

now thats sour grapes

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

the problem with ur r post is u have agenda with msia, the garment, policy etc. I say go look at ur own backyard. If u have problem with the developer (as per the thread) no issue with me.

Not sour grape esp with iskandar ppty. Plse lah. Go read wat u had posted.

i love malaysia; for its:
1. Peranakan food
2. Beaches
3. Durians and mangosteen
4. North south highway

thats despite the place being run by a bunch of racist clowns.

It could have been so much better than singapore if and only if....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is upon this basis and attitudes that i conclude it will be very risky investment wise.

If u rather look at it as a glass half empty, so be it. Tats ur lo$$.:biggrin:

Period,

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason a market exists is because there are willing buyers and willing sellers. Nothing more to say.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you have read my post, my point is about why i dont consider malysian ppty as being investment grade.
And the reason ive come to such a conclusion is the way the country is run and how their leaders are chosen.
Malaysia has openly admitted that their policies are racially biased, with the pp admitting it.
And once you have such people with such an agenda in charge, you can be assured that the country will not thrive economically.
Like what you said, its their country and their land so they may do as they please. You are right and i have no objection.

It is upon this basis and attitudes that i conclude it will be very risky investment wise.

Have you ever been to JB or been there recently? If not, u may consider taking a round there. Many in this forum have been there, some regularly while a handful is staying there permanently. Hence, they know what they are talking about

Yes, I agree Msia is not run optimally and quality of its leaders is not impressive, yes the policies may be racist. But all these have already been factored into the pricing though the gap is slowly closing. You want a freehold landed in a corruption-free, top notch country with the highest integrity and superb economics growth - sure, pay SGD 2M and leave the rest here to invest in similar ppty in Msia at 1/5 that price

JB ppty market has been stagnant way too long and with all the highways, malls, infrastructure, it seems to be growing exponentially – it may be a bubble but it may also be just catching up with ppty market in KL. People here are just trying to put their hand in while the ppty market blossom. The economy may become stagnant after reaching the potential but by then, investors have already flipped or collected enough rents to offset potential loss or may be sitting on big capital gain so its not “very risky”

Investing in ppty in msia is risky when you fail to do proper homwwork like researching background of developers and going onsite to survey the location, showroom etc like what the investors in the article failed to do, buy at overvalued price, lousy locations with high crime rate. Investing in ppty in msia is not risky when you have done the research, buy at a fair value, buy good locations. A sweeping statement that all ppty in msia is not worth investing in is not going to convince many of us here.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

a country that openly practices racially biased policies will never succeed economically, hence their currency or properties or education will never be investment grade.

They are linked.

It appears though that many invstors, many of high net worth, not only from SG but also Japan, PRC etc are disagreeing with you. The figures show that Malaysia is one of the most popular countries fro investment right now. many factors determine 'investment grade' not just politics.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

to pay for a new development in the middle of a vibrant and established city is one thing.

To pay for one in the middle of an oil palm plantation in malaysia is madness!

I think you need to make a trip to Nusajaya to see for yourself how much of the oil palm plantation is left. Once upon a time Singapore was a fishing village, then a hub for gangsters but see where it is today. One of the hallmarks of a good investor is being able to see'potential'. You want to invest in city that has already arrived-'vibrant adn established'- then you will be paying a premium and even then you can buy into a bubble and make losses.
Investment is about timing.You're right, many who invest in Iskandar mised the boar here and are now priced out, so they go there. But you fail to realise that there is a 2nd group who is more experienced and savvy and they know its about timing, not juts loctaion. You hit the best loctaion in the worst time, you will lose money. Singapoe was a greta place to invets in 2006, I did and properties I bought then have gone up as much as 4 times. But now, if you're hoping to even double your money in a few years, think again. Moreover the crippling cooling measures emans for Residential and Industrial you have to hold for at least 4 years. Also IRAS will label you a trader if you do quick flips. I am not criticising the govt for their measures. They gotta do what they gotta do. But as an Investor you got to go with the tide. Perhaps you invested in Malaysia and lost money, if so I can oly say for those who invested sometime back , even 7 years back, timing wasnt right.But now the tide has changed.many on this forum have already made money.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, i read your comments about Malaysia, Australia etc and your reasoning behind some comments. I think you juggling to many things. You are also confusing investment with purchases that serve other purposes. Malaysia is a pressure relief valve for many Singaporeans. It is convenient, next door, more space, more fresh air, etc and have similar background in many respects.

People will accept that you do not like Malaysia as it is not your cup of tea. And thats fine. But going on about "investment grade" when it is full fledged economy doing pretty well with many Malaysians becoming millionaires suggest that you mixing up too many things. If I say day I don't like mutton soup as it is not to my liking is quite acceptable but going on to say that the stallholder looks funny does not appear cogent.

if you have read my post, my point is about why i dont consider malysian ppty as being investment grade.
And the reason ive come to such a conclusion is the way the country is run and how their leaders are chosen.
Malaysia has openly admitted that their policies are racially biased, with the pp admitting it.
And once you have such people with such an agenda in charge, you can be assured that the country will not thrive economically.
Like what you said, its their country and their land so they may do as they please. You are right and i have no objection.