• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bodoh Sinkies conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

You are wise to choose where there are already crowd. And all this places will be more crowded in future.

Just worry when I was traveling from 2nd link all the way to JBCC. Endless supply of agriculture land cleared for housing.

My strategy is
步步为营
To prevent
步步惊心。

i hope they wont do the indo style and burn

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

This information gap is one of the many reasons why there is still a lot of potential for property price increase in JB. By end of this year, RTS station location will be firmed up, construction will start and target completion by 2018/2019. I think most investors have factored in delays in such projects. Remember a few years back, we were waiting 'patiently' for the completion of EDL and coastal highway.... and anxious about toll rates?

There is much develooment in the economic front - education ( many ppl still unaware of the few reputable UK universities operating in Nusajaya. ), attractions ( legoland, legoland water theme park, hotel ..etc) , oil and gas industry ( huge billion dollars development happening....not just talk)...etc . These developments will create jobs, and demand for housing.

On KSL d'esplanade, I think it is too quick to conclude that it is a failure. No doubt, there is delay, mostly affecting those who purchased in 2009 ( very brave ppl). i believe most bought from 2010 onwards. Developer is obligated to deliver within 3 years from SPA date..., after which , there is compensation. ...... Got to blame the sales ppl for over promising. KSL is doing well financially... its share price has increased steadily from RM1.2-1.4 , to as high as RM2.3 recently. See The Edge Malaysia article in Mar 2013 (target price RM2.6) . It has a decent landbank and several new projects in JB. It will be suicidal to screw up on this project ! I believe that the project will surely be completed and hopefully soon (more optimistic now that the cranes are down). And hope KSL will compensate those who waited more than 3 years.....

Those who missed out on JB will have to wait for perhaps Indonesia in future.....

There are still many frogs in the well. There are still some who think the very second they cross the causeway, they will be mugged, stabbed, shot, raped etc.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are still many frogs in the well. There are still some who think the very second they cross the causeway, they will be mugged, stabbed, shot, raped etc.

Definitely, those who vested in nusajaya can definitely wait for the appreciation handsomely.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

USD60k for a studio. is it in district 1 or 2 ? that's even way cheaper than what they are selling us in Iskandar

Yes, the bubble in Vietnam burst and prices have dropped from that year to an all time low. It will not get much cheaper as the drop is smaller now. It is looking like Johor at one time when the government policies screwed the property markets and for years, the property in Johor is cheap and still hard to find buyers.

Some properties in Vietnam is really nice but just that the country is very poor and unless they can attracts more international investors just like Iskandar, then really even at cheap price, nobody wants to buy as the rental yield is not attractive. At USD 100k, can buy a brand new 6 rooms landed with 4 bedrooms and roof garden just outside of HCM and wait for development. I don't see ghost cities here in Vietnam, just not many international investors investing enough to support the property market which is out of reach of most local Vietnamese. In Sgland, cannot buy enough a 2-room 99 year LH old Hdb flat.

sammyboy168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will be back to post occasionally in future.

I hope I am wrong in term of my view in Iskandar so everyone is a winners. But in life we always have losers.

In Singapore we have people losing $300,000- $1m even in our current bull run. (St Regis, Reflection etc) I expect the same with Iskandar.

Hi schtaw,
U sound like a Veteran in real estate.
I will like to seek advise on how to know the launch price and present selling price of St Regis, Reflection, etc to compute the losses of $300k-$1m.
I am not trying to refute your figures here but as someone whom is not as experienced as you,
May I know where to get such data so I can avoid pitfalls.

I agree RM1000++ psf for today's johor project is very very very HIGH RISKS given the rental market is a 50-50 chance here.

Thanks in advance!

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just pay for the data. (SG property only)
I paid $959 a year. (I am not a agent)

You can see people losing their pant on some landed deal.
They provide the unit number too. Hence you can see same unit change hand a few times.

If you want the date, just subscribe and pay. And when you see the money some can lose, you will be very carful about real estate.
http://www.streetsine.com/

If you really want to see the big game property play, subscribe to the HK version. About $450 per month. And you will know how naive a veteran property investor can be.

In HK, some veteran can became bankrupt and become rich overnight. Recent curb in Hong Kong retail market hit some investors even with deep pocket. Price drop 15% already in HK retail. 15% of some units is more than $3m lose in Singapore dollar term.

Tip:
1 Never believe rental return
2 Never over leverage

PS: for those whom do not like my posts, please do not worry. I will not post much in future, probably will TCSS more in the Courtyard thread.

Hi schtaw,
U sound like a Veteran in real estate.
I will like to seek advise on how to know the launch price and present selling price of St Regis, Reflection, etc to compute the losses of $300k-$1m.
I am not trying to refute your figures here but as someone whom is not as experienced as you,
May I know where to get such data so I can avoid pitfalls.

I agree RM1000++ psf for today's johor project is very very very HIGH RISKS given the rental market is a 50-50 chance here.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

i invested in singapore and have been monitoring it for several years. Now it is not a good time to invest in singapore. The government should already have a set of cooling measure waiting to be unleashed when certain sales and price parameters are triggered. Not to mention the large supply of condos competing for tenants. In another words, in terms of rental yield and capital appreciation, the good old days from 2005-2012 are over if you invest now at the crazy psf.

Johor is just one of the overseas markets that singaporeans are venturing into. Most are there due to proximity for own use and the belief that there will be spill-over effects from singapore. Looking at the news and manufacturing statistics, from next year onward, johor should start to see more smes from singapore.

i will never invest in malaysia.
Malaysia is only good for buying cheap stuff and eating durians and relaxing.

Never ever invest there.

Majority will lose money.

Look at their people and how the country is run; iskandar will rot away after 10 yrs just like many of malaysia mega projects.
After building it they will not maintain it and let it rot away.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

malaysia and indonesia condo and terrace house deal are not
meant for sinkies as we are not familiar with their local laws.

Time and again sinkie never learn their lesson, always got screwed up
on property deal. One word = greed.

End up nothing and lose chunk of money!!

i would rather buy an apartment in sydney, melbourne or auckland. At least the people there are more trustworthy and have brains. They also take care of their environment.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

i would rather buy an apartment in sydney, melbourne or auckland. At least the people there are more trustworthy and have brains. They also take care of their environment.

Australia is in the decline. Moreover I don't like their racists attitude towards Asians. Holiday maybe, but no way I will invest in Australia.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

i will never invest in malaysia.
Malaysia is only good for buying cheap stuff and eating durians and relaxing.

Never ever invest there.

Majority will lose money.

Look at their people and how the country is run; iskandar will rot away after 10 yrs just like many of malaysia mega projects.
After building it they will not maintain it and let it rot away.
Oh dear, peter lim, temasek, capital land shld have consulted you first. they will regret their decision to invest in iskandar for the rest of their life

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh dear, peter lim, temasek, capital land shld have consulted you first. they will regret their decision to invest in iskandar for the rest of their life

you left out Robert Kwok, the long lost Malaysian son who returned to Nusajaya 'all of a sudden' :wink:

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal

The ones who are against Msia property are the ones who missed out on the property boom.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

want to add that many of us who have invested in recent years were once sceptical on the development and potential of Iskandar, and some may even have prior bad experiences ........we have since been converted....

The ones who are against Msia property are the ones who missed out on the property boom.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
hockbeng, hockbeng!

Quite a number of your mates here are already making money while you are still kicking balls! Wake up and grow up..........

Cheers
N

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

on the contrary, those who are bullish about malaysia ppty are those who missed out on spore ppty, or priced out of the spore market.

You have hit e point. It is v hard to own a freehold private or landed propery in Singapore now, especially those above 1,000 sqft for condo or 2,000 sqft for landed. More Singaporeans will buy properties in JB for own use.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Typical Singaporean response.

Peter lim / Cap land / temasek etc... are there to build and SELL to you.

As long as there are buyers, there will be developers.
Developers build, sell and F off.

They are definitely not there for the long term.

Are they going to sell the motorcity, medical centres, hospital?

Last edited by a moderator:

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

are they going to sell the motorcity, medical centres, hospital?

1. Not sure about motorcity but medical suites and medical centres can definitely be sold. 1 unit at mt e in spore currently goes for 8-10million.

2. All the talk of medical suites/medical centre etc.. Are to draw in the condo buyers now. They will only build the motorcity/hospital later if and only if there are enough people staying there. In malaysia, they can always change their minds later.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

you have hit e point. It is v hard to own a freehold private or landed propery in singapore now, especially those above 1,000 sqft for condo or 2,000 sqft for landed. More singaporeans will buy properties in jb for own use.

yup.
Just like batam/binatn ppty in the 1990s

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anybody who pays thousands of dollars upfront for a house/apartment that is not even constructed yet deserves to be conned. That's the price one pays for greed!

Last edited: