• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bodoh Sinkies conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

Is king sultan project, iskandar. Dun play play.:biggrin:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, i read your comments about Malaysia, Australia etc and your reasoning behind some comments. I think you juggling to many things. You are also confusing investment with purchases that serve other purposes. Malaysia is a pressure relief valve for many Singaporeans. It is convenient, next door, more space, more fresh air, etc and have similar background in many respects.

People will accept that you do not like Malaysia as it is not your cup of tea. And thats fine. But going on about "investment grade" when it is full fledged economy doing pretty well with many Malaysians becoming millionaires suggest that you mixing up too many things. If I say day I don't like mutton soup as it is not to my liking is quite acceptable but going on to say that the stallholder looks funny does not appear cogent.

Wisely put! I am not sure hockbeng has the wisdom to digest that otherwise he will kick your balls! Watch out, I can see the leg coming....Opps!

Cheers
N

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

You want a freehold landed in a corruption-free, top notch country with the highest integrity and superb economics growth - sure, pay SGD 2M and leave the rest here to invest in similar ppty in Msia at 1/5 that price.

correction. It is 1/10th the price.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The way some of you describe Malaysia as though it is some sort of basket case. It is not. It continues have a vibrant economy, more new millionaires are coming out, and the opportunities are plentiful. We continue to lose Malaysians who we provided scholarships to returning to grab the opportunities.

Sure they have corruption so do we but we have a press that is controlled so we have little line of sight when it comes to misconduct. If Ho Ching ran Malaysia state assets, I can guarantee that there will enough political pressure that she will not last 6 months in the role.

Sure we despise some of the issues that we see in Malaysia but there is still enough space, fresh air and landed properties and virgin land to take hold of.

In 1988, the Govt realised that Malaysians who are well educated, holding good posts are no longer converting to Singapore citizenship. Despite all the incentives and disincentives put in their way, they are still not budging. While they work in Singapore, they are building their retirement home, investing in things across the causeway.

So why not take advantage of the Malaysia as well. Lets not be short sighted.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The number of SPR from Malaysia buying in Malaysia surprises me. Initially I thought most are Singaporeans buying. It turns out otherwise. Most of them are buying for own use. This is the group that is buying up landed near zone A now.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

The number of SPR from Malaysia buying in Malaysia surprises me. Initially I thought most are Singaporeans buying. It turns out otherwise. Most of them are buying for own use. This is the group that is buying up landed near zone A now.

I guess we have an extra layer of safety net which lower our risk of ppty purchase. Besides our familiarity with the local market, If the ppty is not rent-able or cannot be sold easily, our family members in msia can move in. also we have someone in msia to oversee the ppty while we are working in SG. moreover, we do not pay foreign tax, not restricted by foreign ownership quota, can buy bumi lot and can loan 90% on first 2 ppty (not sure if that’s the case for foreigner)

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess we have an extra layer of safety net which lower our risk of ppty purchase. Besides our familiarity with the local market, If the ppty is not rent-able or cannot be sold easily, our family members in msia can move in. also we have someone in msia to oversee the ppty while we are working in SG. moreover, we do not pay foreign tax, not restricted by foreign ownership quota, can buy bumi lot and can loan 90% on first 2 ppty (not sure if that’s the case for foreigner)

Malaysians who are Singapore PRs have the best of both world.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

You want a freehold landed in a corruption-free, top notch country with the highest integrity and superb economics growth - sure, pay SGD 2M

That is an over-statement to say highest integrity. Yes, by whose reporting - by the MIW controlled MSM?

Probably paying the 2M is to help them to pay off all the gaping Temasek investment losses and when the bubble burst, the losses is on the one who comes out and buy at 2M, who anyway has loads of money to contribute.

It has happened during the 1987 recession , the 1997 when all the HK dumped their holdings....

At 1/5th the price where I can have a decent place and where I can easily access back to the infrastructures that our forefathers have contribute to build, I choose this rather than believe that I can still make a fortune with the 2M invested in a so-called top notch country.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many things like this will haunt the ruling party for a long long time.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I like Malaysia as compared to other countries that I have lived before..

The beaches, the people, the weather and so on.. the culture is also very similar. The difference is we make S$ and they make Rm.. (So when we are buying those houses at the time that locals shunt due to the record prices we are paying, hope they understand we are not fighting with them at all) From statistic there are more than 500K malaysians are working in Singapore.. I want to be like them, work here and live in Malaysia.

Malaysia --- truly asia!!!

hi arsenal, thanks. you are more than welcome to seek residence in my country and I feel proud that a growing number of sporeans like you and others is interested in msia enough to bother to do extensive research in investing for own stay/rent/flip. Msia’s economy undoubtedly relies a lot on foreign capital inflows from SG and this is good for msia, though the price to pay is high inflation.

I understand how you feel – I compare myself with my cousins who are working in msia, middle income earner. Income wise, they are definitely losing out as I am earning SGD but their quality of life seems to be better, not withstanding the higher exposure to danger due to higher crime rate in msia. I have to live in a rented room and take public transport to work every day while they drive to work and stay in landed house. I see jurong gateway condo selling at SGD1600psf and yet I am able to take a bus from there to reach horizon hill via tuas in 1hour (driving will be much shorter) on a good day where that price can buy me a bungalow. I see how by crossing the 1km causeway bridge (the old straight one), my dollar grows 2.5x and I am able to live in landed.

Of course its certainly not apple to apple comparison as we all know – but putting all these together, it is no wonder a growing number of sporeans is considering residence in msia

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

The beaches, the people, the weather and so on.. the culture is also very similar. The difference is we make S$ and they make Rm.. (So when we are buying those houses at the time that locals shunt due to the record prices we are paying, hope they understand we are not fighting with them at all) From statistic there are more than 500K malaysians are working in Singapore.. I want to be like them, work here and live in Malaysia.

Yes, if msia can fix its corruption and its high crime, it is really a good place to live in.

As of now, there is no serious anti-foreigner sentiments among msians. We are complaining more on the racism, opportunity inequality etc. but I foresee the msians who are priced out of ppty market will soon feel resentful they do not have a share of the Iskandar pie. I shouldn’t be saying this and certainly I am not xenophobic but personally, I feel a tinge of loss of national pride when I see parcels of freehold land (especially prime ones) sold to foreigners and especially to the PRC at danga bay. But then again, its supply and demand – the foreigners are just providing the demand in response to the willingness of the govt to supply the land

Me too – in future, I do hope to live in Msia and work in Spore. Now is a good time to get a ppty that takes a couple of years to be built, allowing enough time to plan the logistics of settling down across the causeway

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

From what I see in JB, the Msian economy is very vibrant. I got local Msian neighbours who can afford Rm200k extensive renovation. Local renovation contractors can afford to be very picky and not willing to take small jobs. Restaurants and eateries are pretty packed.

The way some of you describe Malaysia as though it is some sort of basket case. It is not. It continues have a vibrant economy, more new millionaires are coming out, and the opportunities are plentiful. We continue to lose Malaysians who we provided scholarships to returning to grab the opportunities.

Sure they have corruption so do we but we have a press that is controlled so we have little line of sight when it comes to misconduct. If Ho Ching ran Malaysia state assets, I can guarantee that there will enough political pressure that she will not last 6 months in the role.

Sure we despise some of the issues that we see in Malaysia but there is still enough space, fresh air and landed properties and virgin land to take hold of.

In 1988, the Govt realised that Malaysians who are well educated, holding good posts are no longer converting to Singapore citizenship. Despite all the incentives and disincentives put in their way, they are still not budging. While they work in Singapore, they are building their retirement home, investing in things across the causeway.

So why not take advantage of the Malaysia as well. Lets not be short sighted.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

............he got all the benefits i had without doing 2.5 years of NS!!! and because he is still a Malaysian, his son can make use of the same loop hole and screw all Singaporeans for another generation!!! oh well, thats all in the past. i am not upset at him anymore. its not really his fault. its the government's for dangling out the wrong incentives. now i am upset at the govt for not giving me a job and HDB when i needed one, and for making it so difficult for me to buy a HDB from them now that I have private property!!! PAP OWES ME!!! GIMME MY HDB FLAT!!! OR EC ALSO CAN!!!

Haha that is funny but true that PAP owe you a HDB and job after serving NS for 2.5 years. I support you, okay? On a more serious note, I share your sentiments and know how it feels to be not able to buy HDB and yet not able to afford private property. Nevermind we all emerged stronger out of these shit policies haha..

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP OWES ME!!! GIMME MY HDB FLAT!!! OR EC ALSO CAN!!!

In the past it is citizens entitlement to 2 cheeries for doing NS. Now only 1 cheery but then also like no longer any cheery as it is so expensive. Is is like everyone starting to work draws one million dollar salary like the miw.

Like they say, give one drumstick wants a full chicken from you. Now they don't want to give me back my cpf by saying we don't know how to manage and will lose all the money if return to me. I think they telling the wrong person, as the whole world knows there is one person who managed to lose 4B in one investment and she is playing with my money.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

tot u luv singapore... titter.gif

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

That Amy Cheong is brain shorted by PA, by the elitism learned from grassroot and the xxx... definitely not because of her ang mo husband..

Brain shorted? Haha that is funny, don't worry, i won't becos of one Malaysian born Amy Cheong think or say that all Msians talk like that and don't welcome Msians to Singapore. I welcome all Malaysian tourists or investors to spend more and buy more properties in SG!

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

tot u luv singapore... View attachment 10838

We all luv Singapore but not the miw and their self-serving policies which we have seen over the years.

Good thing we trust ourselves rather than believe their sweet words telling us to trust them and their promise of swiss standard for citizens. Turn out it is Swiss standard for them only that they promise.

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal

No lah, it is okay, yeah the flawed housing scheme benefited Msian SPRs almost exclusively as Msian SPR easily can have two siblings working in SG compared to other country SPR. The strange thing is all these years never heard Singaporeans tell or expect Msian SPRs to be appreciative or to behave to say good things of Singaporeans only (of course name calling is not allowed) when Msian SPRs have this BIG advantage. All we asked for is an equal chance to own a HDB...come to think of it, Singaporeans are really a generous bunch haha.

Ginfreely,

totally agree with you. Don't forget who are the policy makers and where they originally come from? Policies seemed to benefit only certain lucky group of people and Singaporeans have been so gracious!