• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition-bashing in "Opposition unity" forum

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
old faggot BobDog got menses or menopaused?

what is his motive? the real one?

unemployed parasite old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, all rolled into one!

day in day out keep repeating the same old fucking long winded whinge

go and get a job and don't be a fucking kaypohji!

your appalling gay behavior is worse than a menopause woman!

chao ah kwa when you last had menses?

LOL

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good insight Bro:wink:
Davinder Singh served 4 terms as an MP. He hardly said anything and one only has to check with the Hansard. Eunice Olsen was not even elected spoke more times and on important issues. Yet the GRC system allowed passengers to go thru.

Every vote against the PAP whether its for a donkey or an impressive candidate is a dent for the PAP.

A spoilt vote serves 2 purposes - definately helps the PAP hold on to power and second purpose is range of arguments which maybe justified to an individual but nevertheless helps the PAP retain seats. Ask Barisan.

Its the primary reason why the PAP has yet to bankrupt SDP but has kept it as a convenient vehicle to stop them moving on to other opposition parties or to create a new party. The shallow and the simpled minded without a piped piper will find change difficult and remain in familiar surroundings. The fastest way to trap a flock of mynahs is to place one in a large cage with a one way entry. The rest will be in no time.

The only other bigger idiot than the Mynah is Yaw who actually went on to vote for the PAP and told the world about it. Then again, he found it fit to join YPAP in the first place.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You expect too much from LTK and WP in its present form, tad unfair and unrealistic as well. I too have been disappointed by LTK and Slyvia Lim on quite afew occasions and don't get me started on the intellectually dishonest Yaw Shin Leong, however I am a realist and see things for what they are in the local politics context. WP in its present form is what it is, neither PAP nor dogmatically adversial like Dr Chee's SDP and the late JBJ, mediorce to a large extent but what to be expected because of a lack of genuine quality talent and resources. Saying that WP still serves a purpose of providing an alternative choice to PAP as a very minor player in parliament notwithstanding its non adversial stance and warts. Might not be your cup of tea, but this is what politics is about.

Its not as simple as that and clear cut as you make it out to be. LTK and his WP are a letdown to the democratic progression of Singapore and will end up doing more harm to the long term interest of the nation. They survive and are allowed to by the PAP because they play the political game as laid down by the PAP. Hence they are no threat to the PAP and are held up as evidence of a multi party democratic parliament by the PAP when in reality there is none. They have done nothing towards genuine political progression let alone whisper a word about the political rights of the citizens.

In theory what you say may be right, however in practice I highly doubt this is the effect unless you can persuade a signficant % of the electorate to do likewise, which is difficult.
I beg to differ. The idea behind the spoilt vote is discourage more riff raff politicians like LTK from emerging. It also prevents the PAP from using politicians like him as a conerstone to showcase multi party democracy which in reality is a mirage.

The Chees also played into PAPs hands, no doubt PAPs played and continue to play dirty political tricks (politics is basically a dirty game afterall) but the Chees could have tried to avoid the pitfalls but appeared to have chosen instead to fall into them.
PAP has already bankrupted the Chees. Standard operating procedure of the PAP when they know their political opponents are a threat will not cower before them. There's no need to bankrupt the party just yet when you have ensured that its leaders will not be able to contest the PAP in the elections.

Be that as it may, purely in the local political context, what has Dr Chee and SDP achieved? Yes I am aware of its presence on the net but what are the true concrete numbers with respect to local support on an independent objective basis? No doubt Dr Chee raises numerous valid legitimate questions with respect to PAPs governance but how has this translated into resonating with local ground? Again no doubt Dr Chee appears to be a threat to the PAPs just like any other opposition but how serious a threat is an open question. Just because PAPs use different methods to deal with different opposition does not necessarily mean one is a greater threat than the other.
Answer me this... for all the comments I read in this forum about how out of touch and insignificant CSJ and SDP, why is the PAP frequently gunning for them through their state machinery while politicians like LTK and CST are tolerated? Who's the threat to the PAP hegemony?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Porfirio Rubirosa,

5 years after 5 years, we just dancing on the string, helping the PAP to showcase to the world we have democracy here which its just authoritarian govt system in disguise, that make sense? what would that accomplish to participate in a farce GE??

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good insight. This is what Dr Chee and SDP fail to realise although by default Dr Chee would counter by saying that the system is unfair but heck politics per se is a dirty game afterall.

In politics, there's no right or wrong. There're only winners and losers. Losing 5 voters to gain 95 is still winning. Losing 33 voters to gain 67 is still winning. Politics is about convincing or coercing the majority, not any particular individual who sounds more vocal.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without Dr. Chee's battering rammed through the PAP castle, Lan jiao if all of you can still talk cock here! Belittling a man like that behind an LCD is really heroic of course without having to face a hundred policemen and women, getting handcuffed and staying in a lockup for a considerable time. Facing court procedures and spending time in jail so the fucking heroes here can play armchair politicians. Yah, they are stupid, the SDP people! You people are what the PAP desires in citizens!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well even the likes of John Burton of FT seems to have been taken in:biggrin:
The SDP draws its strength and its hope from the internet. Perhaps its effect is more real offline then I can recall but its supporters seem hell bent in my view on dominating the Anti PAP space on line by shoving everyone else aside and painting them as not opposition enough

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes albeit quite obvious when you come to think about it.
Let's not talk about which is better or worse, right or wrong - but honestly there is no way either side will take the approach of each other. To take back Parliament presence, key people in the SDP will have to wait for a sit-out period, such as 5 years of disqualification or 7 years discharge, in which opportunities will be missed. The latter would have to forego the Parliamentary route because once you do so, you are out of polls and can't look back at the route, it's like a path of no return. To summarise, these are 2 paths that will not meet and therefore can only choose either one, it is impossible to choose both or expect to u-turn without costs.

Yes again. The critical issue is when if ever shall Dr Chee get a significant number of warm bodies out on the streets to make a real true significant impact on the public's mind.
I kudos the SDP for bringing a new kind of politics into the foray, one that will be immune to the PAP's onslaught. Something JBJ, TLH and FS never thought of. In the ancient past of wars for power, they would be first to lose their lives, but because today's countries takes power by people support, they could still self-preserve as long as they did not flee the country. But unless the onslaught spirals into something much more in Singapore, they may have to wait for a while to never eternity.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Western democracies did not spring up overnight. It took a long period of time of blood sweet tears and finally enlightenment. In fact they are still working on their systems even though they have reached relative political maturity.

Wonder why these things happen to Asian countries. 9 ASEAN members and we have 2 chaotic democracies, 3 semi-democracies, 2 communist states, 1 military state and 1 monarchy.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
porfirio,

end of the day, u are okay with the idea, getting PAP apologist to check on PAP am i right? u okay with the idea, its because they PAP apologists are the best we got?

so its okay for u, the PAP go showcase to the world, we have democracy here, but in fact its a sham, an authoritarian govt system in disguise? u don't mind to be part of that scheme??

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
My simple answer to you is politics is not black and white but instead all grey.:wink:
Porfirio Rubirosa,

5 years after 5 years, we just dancing on the string, helping the PAP to showcase to the world we have democracy here which its just authoritarian govt system in disguise, that make sense? what would that accomplish to participate in a farce GE??

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't scream lah. This shall not move your argument further one iota. PAP government cannot do anything about the net regardless of Dr Chee or anyone else for that matter and that is a fact.

Without Dr. Chee's battering rammed through the PAP castle, Lan jiao if all of you can still talk cock here! Belittling a man like that behind an LCD is really heroic of course without having to face a hundred policemen and women, getting handcuffed and staying in a lockup for a considerable time. Facing court procedures and spending time in jail so the fucking heroes here can play armchair politicians. Yah, they are stupid, the SDP people! You people are what the PAP desires in citizens![/SIZE]

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another simple answer: this is a dynamic evolving process perhaps excruciatingly slow to some but a dynamic process nonetheless. PAP in its present form and substance shall not govern Singapore forever and that is a fact, history bears me out on this one.

porfirio,

end of the day, u are okay with the idea, getting PAP apologist to check on PAP am i right? u okay with the idea, its because they PAP apologists are the best we got?

so its okay for u, the PAP go showcase to the world, we have democracy here, but in fact its a sham, an authoritarian govt system in disguise? u don't mind to be part of that scheme??
[/SIZE]

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another simple answer: this is a dynamic evolving process perhaps excruciatingly slow to some but a dynamic process nonetheless. PAP in its present form and substance shall not govern Singapore forever and that is a fact, history bears me out on this one.

instead of history, why don't we go by cosmology? the universe gonna die one day?

there must be certain time frame if we wanna talk about issue. voting the PAP apologist, would not help in spore's political progress for the next 5 years. so how many 5 years are we talking about when we gonna talk about 'evolving process'? 3 GE, 15 years later?