• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My top 3 best chicken rice stalls

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh Ah Neh, you never try chicken rice in HK? hows your trip?

Ok lah, HH market dunno how much nowadays, more ex or cheaper huh? must ask joetsy liao, lol
haha.. ya lor, must ask our old bird bro joetsy bout it.... Anyway the rice ball chicken rice, where is the stall in sg? looks yummy.

Last edited:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
000GPJ7CCF58D179FE1D0Dn.jpg
0019DFA9500473D47A5A83m.jpg

I think this is it.

Hainan Chicken Rice Ball
Boon Hwa Food Centre , 43 Dickson Road, Little India

Last edited:

Vivacious

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where? 3rd floor corner, selling wantan and roast duck mee one?

That is a different stall. This one is on the right hand side ( nearer to Paragon ), near the lift for the residents. It is called Lucky boneless chicken rice.

I find it better than Tian Tian but of course taste is subjective.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You guys are welcome to recommend your chicken rice stalls :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

heheh...

food~! oh glorious food~! top on my list for chicken rice:

1. Boon Hua Garden @ Old Airport Road Food Market
2. Xiang Ji @ Bedok Reservoir Pasar Makan
3. Tian Tian @ Maxwell

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That 1 dunno, too gimmicky for me, i dun even bother to try, lol

That's not gimmicky. That's the real stuff of what's real chicken rice. Used to be available at Allenby and Kitchener and Bendemeer. Thought it had gone extinct. Will the try one at Dickson if got the chance to pass by.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's not gimmicky. That's the real stuff of what's real chicken rice. Used to be available at Allenby and Kitchener and Bendemeer. Thought it had gone extinct. Will the try one at Dickson if got the chance to pass by.
Alamak, you look at the rice Ah Neh posted, you think is sticky rice meh? Seriously i dun believe original chicken rice are like that, more like the Hainanese (me) offer the rice in a bowl during praying/offering, after that we take 1 each and put in a plate. My family do these all the time.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes this is olden days pattern maciam ice balls that preceded ice kachang.
Think one store in toa payoh still does it

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, you look at the rice Ah Neh posted, you think is sticky rice meh? Seriously i dun believe original chicken rice are like that, more like the Hainanese (me) offer the rice in a bowl during praying/offering, after that we take 1 each and put in a plate. My family do these all the time.
I think not sticky, but they will rolled the rice when its hot n liitle H20 is applied to it so that it will stick due to chemical reaction.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think not sticky, but they will rolled the rice when its hot n liitle H20 is applied to it so that it will stick due to chemical reaction.
LOL, I know its not sticky rice lah, but sure nuah nuah rice... they squeezed the rice... nice meh? -.-"

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boon Tong Kee is overcharging and full of shit.

The one at Golden Mile Food Centre basement is the best. Owned by my old neighborhood gang friend. :smile: :wink: :biggrin:

Agree - BTK is not worth it. Food is great but too ex. I prefer Loy Kee at Whampoa mkt or along Balestier Rd.

The one at GM basement doesn't come cheap too. Steamboat also ex.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, I know its not sticky rice lah, but sure nuah nuah rice... they squeezed the rice... nice meh? -.-"

ya lo hor, logic also.
But I dun mind go there try, try liao then know result. anyway little india there, my favourite place la dey.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ya lo hor, logic also.
But I dun mind go there try, try liao then know result. anyway little india there, my favourite place la dey.
You go try let me know lah, whahahaha

Agree - BTK is not worth it. Food is great but too ex. I prefer Loy Kee at Whampoa mkt or along Balestier Rd.

Ehh Kim Long, Ramseth Shortass refer to Golden Mile Hawker Centre, not the steamboat restaurant 1, LOL

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ehh Kim Long, Ramseth Shortass refer to Golden Mile Hawker Centre, not the steamboat restaurant 1, LOL

Paiseh, paiseh. There is one chicken rice stall at the Thomson Rd food court which is good and cheap. Next to Shell petrol kiosk. Just after OCBC. Parking is THE problem there at peak hours.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Price is double of usual hawker stall price but worth it and still cheaper than $10 chai tao kway

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tried searching for this stall's name realized got no name just plainly 海南起骨鸡饭

Last edited:

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
alexandria village food centre.

boneless chicken rice, had been ard at least 20yrs, i first ate it in 1991, and it may have been in business before that. i dunno the signboard name or unit number but it the row that face the carpark and its next door sell beef soup and the other side sell drinks.

Its called 紫金城鸡饭 the chicken rice is very delicious and they put a lot of sesame oil.