• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My top 3 best chicken rice stalls

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boon Tong Kee is overcharging and full of shit.

The one at Golden Mile Food Centre basement is the best. Owned by my old neighborhood gang friend. :smile: :wink: :biggrin:

Basement got 2 stalls....one of them is the one with thai notice.....i believe you referring to the one near the central staircase next to the fried hokkien mee.
The one at Golden Mile towers basement Hainanese steamboat also sells good chicken rice....

What about chatterbox? Voted the best by the media.....not been there in donkey years but last time balestier had one stall that was opened by the ex-chef.....ended up close shop.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rejected Chicken Rice stall
Wee Name Kee
Chin Chin Eating House
5 Star Hainese Chicken rice (used to like it, but now manage by PRCs, lousy)
Boon Tong Kee
Chicken House at Thomson
Rui Kee (many spinoffs, but all lousy)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are welcome to recommend your chicken rice stalls :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
add to rejection list

Loy Kee....now too many branches in food courts....used to be the original at Whampoa was the best.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alexandria village food centre.

boneless chicken rice, had been ard at least 20yrs, i first ate it in 1991, and it may have been in business before that. i dunno the signboard name or unit number but it the row that face the carpark and its next door sell beef soup and the other side sell drinks.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No lah...cos I dunno how to tell you guys where is the place...this is the most accurate that I can think of.

If wanna sell things, I will sell on ebay not Cash Converter.

Are you that desperate? Go sell stuff at Cash Converter to eat chicken rice? No wonder you're so fat, hahaha!!!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Basement got 2 stalls....one of them is the one with thai notice.....i believe you referring to the one near the central staircase next to the fried hokkien mee.
The one at Golden Mile towers basement Hainanese steamboat also sells good chicken rice....

What about chatterbox? Voted the best by the media.....not been there in donkey years but last time balestier had one stall that was opened by the ex-chef.....ended up close shop.
Yes, the one in the middle staircase beside the Hokkien mee,
The last time I went to Chatterbox was 1 year ago, total cost $26 per serving, chicken is cold, condiments are well served, rice is good, but I hardly swallowed it cox I HAD TO PAY $26 FOR IT!!!, cb i can get 1 full chicken in 5 star chicken rice, LOL

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lucky plaza, there is a chicken rice stall too, not bad as for me. anyone been there? or issit still there?

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
add to rejection list

Loy Kee....now too many branches in food courts....used to be the original at Whampoa was the best.
4475989194_7fc0a576dd_o.jpg

Oh this one, I agree with you, totally forgot about this stall. Well furnished, looks nice, but the food is indeed mediocre....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
he he he I queenstown boy so the only good chicken rice I know is this one in Mei Ling Street Market. Yesterday noon went to eat damn shiok. I hate kampong chicken because not fat. Fat fat chicken best best for me.

80c243f7.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can I add one more...nothing against Muslims but seem that halal chicken rice taste different...dunno why.
Halal chicken rice must only eat the roasted chicken version.....Rex used to be the best brand (from the orginal Rex cinema) but now cant seem to find any of their stalls.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he he he I queenstown boy so the only good chicken rice I know is this one in Mei Ling Street Market. Yesterday noon went to eat damn shiok. I hate kampong chicken because not fat. Fat fat chicken best best for me....
Wah, queenstown too far away from me bro, but I'll try to check it out, hahaha.

I strongly recommend the Katong Shopping Centre 1 though :biggrin:

When I'm at BKK, i always tempted to try their chicken rice food street stall at Hway Huang, along the road at Palazzo Hotel

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As someone mentioned, Hatyai chicken rice is always besterer than Singapore. Why? We don't have live chicken anymore. They still have. Hatyai chicken rice stalls have chicken delivered to them alive. Last my grandmom homecooked chicken rice also bestest. She'd bring back the chicken alive in the old Chinese brown paper bag.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah, queenstown too far away from me bro, but I'll try to check it out, hahaha.

I strongly recommend the Katong Shopping Centre 1 though :biggrin:

When I'm at BKK, i always tempted to try their chicken rice food street stall at Hway Huang, along the road at Palazzo Hotel
Younk mention Katong i know the stretch of makan shops further up near the bank of china got one stall not bad...

BKK the most famous one is named Boon Tong Kiat.....the name got some copyright issues

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yet Con Hainanese Chicken Rice at Purvis Street

last time when my son in primary school attended tution nearby when maid went to take him home after class the feller would go and eat chicken rice there and no money to pay so I had to always go made payment the following day, the old uncle was so kind dun noe whether he is still around, long time never been there

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chicken rice stalls of old used to sell only white and black chicken.....black refers to soya sauce chicken....hardly find nowsadays.
Later came roast chicken but now all is prepared by frying the skin with hot oil....no more roast chicken except you order in restaurants.
The deboned version also came later.....as with the bean sprouts versions, the thai chicken feet, oil veggies, braised eggs etc.

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sidetrack a bit, im not referring to stall but i heard there is a hotel famous for their hainan chicken rice. which hotel issit?

Last edited: