• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My top 3 best chicken rice stalls

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No.1
Delicious Boneless Chicken Rice 美味起骨鷄飯 (Strongly recommended)
865 Mountbatten Road
#B1-85/87
Stall 3
Katong Shopping Centre

The rice are ok, white chicken is tender, roast pork are nice, chillies is hot, but the killers in this stall are their unlimited servings of acar (pineapple, onion, cucumber, chillies) and super delicious heavenly soups. I can swear their soup is the best in SG, its FREE. Those who used to eat at S11 coffeeshop (next to old national library) chicken rice, their soup is one of the best too, this is even better.

No.2
Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice
1 Kadayanallur Street
#01-10
Maxwell Food Centre

Very controversial this stall, some said oily, not very hainanese style. But i do like their chicken, very succulent and tasty, theres a layer of oil between the skin and the meat, best of the lot. Fluffy and tasty rice, with hot chillies, i admit i like to eat their chicken.

No.3
Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice
505 Beach Road
#B1-35
Golden Mile Food Centre

This stall is getting more and more popular, their chicken is smaller but boneless, except the wings. The rice is the killer, very tasty, they fried garlic and lemon grass with the rice and cook it (not recommended if you have a meeting later in the day, it gives a strong smell in your mouth). Their chillies is the hottest among the 3 stalls

Rejected Chicken Rice stall
Wee Name Kee
Chin Chin Eating House
5 Star Hainese Chicken rice (used to like it, but now manage by PRCs, lousy)
Boon Tong Kee
Chicken House at Thomson
Rui Kee (many spinoffs, but all lousy)
Loy Kee at Balestier

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are welcome to recommend your chicken rice stalls :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my strong recommendation:

Hua Ji Chicken Rice
Redhill Mkt.

go early....sold out before 2pm. The rice is heavenly.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my strong recommendation:

Hua Ji Chicken Rice
Redhill Mkt.

go early....sold out before 2pm. The rice is heavenly.
The one at the corner, a couple, the lady very short 1? Ok lah, I like that too, always order it with gizzards, lol. Better than those rejected ones, LOL

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yet Con Hainanese Chicken Rice at Purvis Street

anyone went there before? kampong chicken rice? old traditional style.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seldom eat chicken rice in Spore, but when I am in Hatyai, die die I must eat the chicken rice there. Boneless chicken different from Singapore.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boon Tong Kee is overcharging and full of shit.

The one at Golden Mile Food Centre basement is the best. Owned by my old neighborhood gang friend. :smile: :wink: :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They are more famous for their steamboat. Their chicken is not kampong chicken lah, but i think its overcooked, rice so so. They make the roast pork inhouse, very porky, put together with salted veges and black sauce, wah lau eh.....

But their chir char is good, love their veges....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I seldom eat chicken rice in Spore, but when I am in Hatyai, die die I must eat the chicken rice there. Boneless chicken different from Singapore.

Hatyai chicken rice Singapore cannot fight. Slim lean fresh kampung chicken cooked two at a time, not twenty at one go.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one at the corner, a couple, the lady very short 1? Ok lah, I like that too, always order it with gizzards, lol. Better than those rejected ones, LOL

spot on bro. there is a young man (dunno their son or what) sibeh attitude...never open his mouth, never smile, never talk.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The chicken rice stall nearest to Toa Payoh Cash-Converter.

The rice is great!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the one opp chin chin right? yup, tried that but i find the chicken a tad too dry.

and i recall, they don't hang their chickens one...all placed side by side lying down.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tian Tian is good. Watch out for the insane queue length though.

If you find the chicken rice too oily, cross the road, walk over to the Buddhist Tooth Relic Temple and go drink some Chinese tea.

Boon Tong Kee had turned to shit long ago. ALL franchises are like that. Outsourced = no emotional involvement during cooking = shitty food.

I think Johnson Duck is also suffering the same fate. Good food has been reduced to a brand.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. alamak, i would support your rejection on chin's chick rice.
2. yes, its standard has fallen down.
3. coupled with its prc staffing, sucks big time.
4. now, adding on to your list: bedok reservoir chicken rice, blk 631, authentic hanninese family run.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. alamak, i would support your rejection on chin's chick rice.
2. yes, its standard has fallen down.
3. coupled with its prc staffing, sucks big time.
4. now, adding on to your list: bedok reservoir chicken rice, blk 631, authentic hanninese family run.
Thanks, I'll check it out if I'm there, lol
Chin Chin chicken rice was never good in my opinion, they were famous for their western food last time before they moved.

Last edited: