• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
The way I see it, it's like - you are like always on the go, with so many things to do and with so little time. Life is sometimes too overwhelming! And you always have a caring heart, putting others above yours. Pls go slow, remember to pause, and smell the flowers as you go along life's journey! You are still young in an adult's world.

As the saying goes, the older the wiser!

Age is just a number, i am already 36 and i am always grateful for any days/months/years that i have remaining no matter how bad a day i have.

~ Recently someone remarked that i looked much older~

NUSADUTA5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Im new hope to learn things fr here
My FIL (Sing) bot a cluster fr IJM-NusaD5 last year aug,signed all doc and made payment, LAst mon we rcv a call fr lawyer,inf the purchased need to cancel because exceeded foreign quota, but they take so long to get approval from Govt, is alm7 months after the purchased. Anybody can advise what to do now. IJM will made all refund without interest, the $$$ we paid for so many months in their account!! lawyer also collected the govt foreigner tax.thks

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile:Hiya all! Recent postings affirm my 'debut post' that this forum is a reality drama of sorts that rocks ! - semua pun ada and gee, I m happy as a lark to be a teensy, weensy bit of this cyber family.Thank you to bros Investor, Iskandar Rocks, Valdez for oftentimes making LIJB akin to a Wall street newsletter, though your financial jargon is sometimes beyond the simpleton me.

Then there is our young old sage Wuqi .

Ha , the comic n potty Potter and schtaw . Also frank n good sharings from Grago, Arsenal n Vincentck. Of course not to forget my sistas Crystal, ginfreely for that feminine n also once in a while that 'leoline feline' (ouch) touch. Kinda miss some from LIJB1 & LIJB2 who I dont see much or at all now in LIJB3 like Analytical Professor,LastResort,Lord Aragorn ,Yonglip, Odyssey ,ShawnLow,AbuGumGum, avelc and a few others.

Anyway to those who are new to LIJB, do read tru LIJB1 & LIJB2 (if u can ) n you will know this is a great forum to be in. Certainly like a drama there can be times when one character is at odds with another but hey, that's life afterall. But more often than not, all good at heart and encouraging bros n sisters here. Btw, bro DWKY9 any good updates to share as to whether u have been successful in getting a place in Nusajaya?

Meantime to all, Cheers n keep up the spirit of LIJB as I am doing as MsTrii.....hehehe

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some folks would disagree, but my thinking is that spending a little extra on renovation to differentiate yourself from others may help.

Makes perfect sense to sell something(a product) with a competitive advantage(an advantage over competitors gained by offering consumers greater value).
Others might do some micro calculations of whether the extra spending can generate extra rent to cover, that's prudent too.

I would choose the type of 'selling' package depending on market sentiment.
If demand is less than supply(cannot rent out easily), I'll choose to add value like what you've mentioned above and be amongst the first to get the limited tenants(or even draw competitors' tenants over haha!) instead of losing income waiting and hoping for one.
If demand is more than supply(can easily find tenant), I'll just rent it out with bare minimum and save my bullets for investments with better yields.

Bro IR, there used to be another brilliant contributor in this forum and he also shared his view with regards to gaining a competitive advantage over competitors in terms of finding tenants in Nusajaya. Just like many of your opinions, I find his being great too. Here is the one on rental - http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?35746-Living-in-JB&p=897526#post897526

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:smile:Hiya all! Recent postings affirm my 'debut post' that this forum is a reality drama of sorts that rocks ! - semua pun ada and gee, I m happy as a lark to be a teensy, weensy bit of this cyber family.Thank you to bros Investor, Iskandar Rocks, Valdez for oftentimes making LIJB akin to a Wall street newsletter, though your financial jargon is sometimes beyond the simpleton me.

Then there is our young old sage Wuqi .

Ha , the comic n potty Potter and schtaw . Also frank n good sharings from Grago, Arsenal n Vincentck. Of course not to forget my sistas Crystal, ginfreely for that feminine n also once in a while that 'leoline feline' (ouch) touch. Kinda miss some from LIJB1 & LIJB2 who I dont see much or at all now in LIJB3 like Analytical Professor,LastResort,Lord Aragorn ,Yonglip, Odyssey ,ShawnLow,AbuGumGum, avelc and a few others.

Anyway to those who are new to LIJB, do read tru LIJB1 & LIJB2 (if u can ) n you will know this is a great forum to be in. Certainly like a drama there can be times when one character is at odds with another but hey, that's life afterall. But more often than not, all good at heart and encouraging bros n sisters here. Btw, bro DWKY9 any good updates to share as to whether u have been successful in getting a place in Nusajaya?

Meantime to all, Cheers n keep up the spirit of LIJB as I am doing as MsTrii.....hehehe

Wow Wow MsTrii, you really have a Mega memory to be able to name so many ;D
I still see LastResort and Avelc in the forum, maybe you don't read other threads.

Do you remember the nick of one guy who share about his story of finally getting a semi-d in The Golf but was getting complains from his wife because his unit is just next to the border fencing of HH and she's worried about security and such? He also mentioned how his wife used to say to him that she don't mind being with him even if he's not rich but now even though he can afford some luxury for his wife, she seems to complain that the house isn't big enough. Haha I wonder how he's doing now.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about developer stocks .....

Sunway an attractive proxy to Iskandar Malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR: Affin Investment Research has upgraded Sunway Bhd to a Buy with a higher target price as it is an attractive proxy to Iskandar Malaysia.

It said on Friday it upgraded Sunway to Buy from Add with a higher target price of RM3.28 from RM2.78 based on 30% discount to RNAV from the earlier 40%.

“We have narrowed our target price discount to RNAV as we expect the positive developments in Iskandar, recent re-rating of Iskandar-focused developers and potential listing of Iskandar Waterfront Holdings to re-rate its share price closer to RNAV,” it said.

Affin Research viewed Sunway as an attractive proxy to Iskandar Malaysia as it was trading at an attractive 9.0 times CY13 earnings per share (EPS), substantially lower than UEM Land's 22 times CY13 EPS.

Other factors were Sunway's low Iskandar land cost and favourable payment structure would ensure its long-term competitiveness and also Sunway's share price has lagged other Iskandar-focused developers, rising by 13% year-to-date vis-a-vis peers' year-to-date gains of 18%-48%.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow Wow MsTrii, you really have a Mega memory to be able to name so many ;D
I still see LastResort and Avelc in the forum, maybe you don't read other threads.

Do you remember the nick of one guy who ........ Haha I wonder how he's doing now.

No super duper memory lar ,bro. For that I will give credit to Crystal. She can even retrieve the post on a particular matter.

U r right, I dont read all threads. Practically gone cross-eyed reading LIJB1 & LIJB 2 when I first joined .Took my poor eyes a few days to reorientate themselves again. haha. Btw, I think I have missed mentioning a few other good contributors too and yea, though I do recall that cute story of the turn about wifey , dont remember the nick of the guy. Yea, I m curious too .

NUSADUTA5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

My FIL bot cluster fr IJM in Aug12 and las mon rceived fr lawyer said that the foreign quota exceeded and wil do the full refund. how come they took so long to get approval ??

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree with the learned bros on differentiating ones properties especially when selling. When doing any renovation especially massive ones outside, do get an architect to draft and submit to your local town council. One often overlooked area is that when deducting the RGPT for renovation, the authorities will often allow the deduction and raise less questions if an architect submission was done and approved. Valuers will look at this when evaluating as well especially any that adds value or expands usable space to the property.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi,

My FIL bot cluster fr IJM in Aug12 and las mon rceived fr lawyer said that the foreign quota exceeded and wil do the full refund. how come they took so long to get approval ??

Can ask them to try and get an extension on the foreign quota and hold your purchase in the meantime as some folks loan application may not go through and your FIL can still be slotted in. Best wishes!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
The way I see it, it's like - you are like always on the go, with so many things to do and with so little time. Life is sometimes too overwhelming! And you always have a caring heart, putting others above yours. Pls go slow, remember to pause, and smell the flowers as you go along life's journey! You are still young in an adult's world.

As the saying goes, the older the wiser!

Thanks for your very kind words, older yes but wiser i am still learning and the more one learns, the more one finds a wealth of wisdom still out there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some people more lucky in properties rather than Forex, stocks and shares.

Just stick to whatever you are making money now.

Leverage is a bitch looking for karma. Just be careful not to over leverage.

Exactly, i am just fortunate as i am just a regular IT guy who just happened to chance upon shares and the properties here.

Leveraging works both ways, it can work or doom one so no matter what one do, do go in only with eyes wide open.
Too many goes into deals with eyes wide shut.

When one is young, banks will be willing to lend at least some even for those with few assets.

When one is old, no or few banks will be willing to lend any. Youth is the best leverage in life, use it while it lasts.

edwinssm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros, I'm looking for a retirement home and it has always been a dream of mine to live by the sea. Can anyone advise me on which development is by the sea but yet does not cost more than 300k sgd?

NUSADUTA5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can ask them to try and get an extension on the foreign quota and hold your purchase in the meantime as some folks loan application may not go through and your FIL can still be slotted in. Best wishes!

Thks for ur advice.but it has been 7mths liao !if inf us early we stil can find other property cos he bot it for investm:mad:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, i am just fortunate as i am just a regular IT guy who just happened to chance upon shares and the properties here.

Leveraging works both ways, it can work or doom one so no matter what one do, do go in only with eyes wide open.
Too many goes into deals with eyes wide shut.

When one is young, banks will be willing to lend at least some even for those with few assets.

When one is old, no or few banks will be willing to lend any. Youth is the best leverage in life, use it while it lasts.

Wuqi, you are one in a few million. Very true that youth is the best leverage...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thks for ur advice.but it has been 7mths liao !if inf us early we stil can find other property cos he bot it for investm:mad:

I would ask to speak with Nusa Duta's management and this is not as if it was a Bumi release unit which may or may not be taken up.

If they did not indicate in the beginning and really only after 7 months that they cancel this that the foreign quota was full, then its really their issue.
Especially if your FIL has paid the levy, etc and incur costs etc.

Would be really disappointed with them if they still refuse to do anything, i urge your FIL to take this to the housing tribunal if they do not respond.

Get everything in writing and document this.

Books to read up:
http://www.hba.org.my/help/tribunal.htm

Links:
http://www.kpkt.gov.my/kpkt_en/main.php?Content=sections&SectionID=4

More information:
http://www.ehomemakers.net/en/article.php?id=997

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.