• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Even if let u win e case, how much can u recover from the original amount, - time, - effort..etc.
Ultimately, winner is yr lawyer.

See Red, can't think well, relax.. 坐下來, 喝杯茶,吃个包子..View attachment 9476

No need lawyer for most of such cases, just get Housing tribunal but definitely agree about letting go.
If its small matter, just let it go and 坐下來, 喝杯茶,吃个包子, if its major then do pursue it.

Highly recommended videos whenever i feel stressed or depressed:

FAIR WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT WATCH AND DRINK AT THE SAME TIME

http://youtu.be/sq1t1iFmsv0
http://youtu.be/HMTjymL6CQ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP7F7Uw6yP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eBQar2t0xs

Last edited:

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I'm a newbie

Someone told me that after this coming election.. there's a possibility that the gov will increase the state consent to 30k..

Is it true or just a rumour..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi ! UED also charging me late interest amounting $707.00 and meter doposit .they said my bank delay they claim payment few day in my progess claim payment on stage 4 and 5 hapen on jan 2012.today i just went down meet project term for my eletrical and water meter but still can not get any date !! they only TNB sub con not time to do ? still need wait long long ? alredy one month ,what they doing ? my LD payment also haven get ,they give me letter said 21 day from collection key ,must get the chq ??? waht happen UEM ???

I will blacklist this developer.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese police get along well with gangsters, so long as gangsters keep things in order while they make money. Young and ambitious new comers are the one upsetting the all-peace-arrangement and will be hurt down by "both black and white dao".
People will take matter into their own hand if nothing is been done by the authority.

In the 70s, robbery case in Chinatown and Beach Rd area is settle by gangsters from different group of Chinese whom came from different part of China.

In the 80s Macau gangsters clean out crime and control the underground market.

90s and 2000. China boom. Gangster in town clear out beggars and pick pocket to make city liveable.

From 1950 till today. Taiwan gangster leader can be found in politic. Crime or no crime depend on the gangster.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bank late payment to developer and developer charge late interest fee to buyer? Like that also can? If the late payment portion is from the bank, shouldn't the developer go after the bank?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro Wuqi, I do hope so... Really very 'fan' dealing with all these and having a day job...

Sis crystal, I am waiting to hear from UEM with regards to waiver (or not) for NI... I hope they do the right thing. But for EL, I have to continue to pursue...

I also have late payment interest of $20k for my Ujana unit which was totally waived as I am able to prove to them with the bank's information that there is no delay on my progress payment.

All these digging into the records and the chronology of events and I must say that there are "gaps" in the information in the UEM's credit control system. Garbage in equal garbage out, so some information not correct and not picked up by those maintaining the record. This is what I have found out in my case and UEM has no problem waiving this 20K so-called late payment interest.

Hope that you would be able to resolve and get this late payment interest fully waived if there is no delay on your bank's disbursement. All the best.

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you to Shctaw and Tibetos for your response. I am surprised that it only took between 2-4months for state consent for both of you. Not too bad! I thought it will be long drawn battle.....

Cheers
N

I just got mine - it took about 2 mths from date of submission.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got mine - it took about 2 mths from date of submission.

Looks like this process is taking longer these days. Perhaps because of the increased transaction activity and developer launches. In late 2011 and early 2012 was around 4 weeks. The delay, in my case at least, was the developer not providing the paperwork.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
More free bus rides from Changi to Johor Baru

FOUR more carriers have started offering free cross-border bus rides to attract Johor residents to fly from Changi Airport.

The move by Singapore Airlines (SIA), SilkAir and Jetstar’s Singapore and Australia arms will put Changi one up on its Malaysian rival if traffic is channelled away from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, industry watchers said.

Budget carrier Tiger Airways launched the service – which is operated by bus firm Transtar – in September 2010. Jetstar hopped on last month while SIA and SilkAir came on board yesterday.

Anyone can get on the buses, where the cost is up to S$7 (RM17.50) for a one-way journey, but the ride is complimentary for passengers of the five carriers, including Tiger.

The cost is shared between Changi Airport Group, which introduced the service, and the carriers, all of which declined to give details.

Buses depart 13 times a day from downtown Johor Baru, and passengers at Changi can also hop on board for the return journey. — The Straits Times / Asia News Network

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just applied for electricity and water last week, they said that the government bodies need around 1 month to settle the connection. Just wait lo.

eh , uem dun apply for el ? tml i am getting keys and submit my deposit for water n electricity n wed already arranged to connect electricty liao. water still no news yet so cant arrange yet.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Has there been anyone who has state consent delays? I recall seeing a few but i accidentally deleted the PMs, my apologies. For those with the state consent issue, please let me know.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can anyone help me with the few questions below;

1) Is it true that buying a terrace or condo in Horizon Hills requires only a few thousand RM upfront and can get full loan? I heard this yesterday and one of my friends is interested if it's true cos he don't have much money to pay initial down payment. Anyway roughly how much are new terraces in HH now? Is it possible that someone got a new one at RM670k just last Nov 2012?

2) Does anyone know why UEM Land's stock price kept rising lately? Was there a big news being announced?

Thank you guys very much in advance :smile:

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor:

I can try to answer your second question. In simple terms, stock prices are a function of market sentiments, valuation of underlying assets (in UEM Case - landbank), and the estimates of future profitability.

1) Given the recent HSR announcements and the proposed stop at Nusajaya, market sentiments have turned positive towards UEM given their landbank and developments at Nusajaya. Of course, tomorrow if they decide not to have the station at Nusajaya, sentiments will turn south and so will the stock price - as a risk factor.

2) As per analysts, the current stock prices of UEM Land are based on land price assumptions that are below market value. Ex. Residential Land at Nusajaya at RM 20 psf. See the page 3 report on the link below. So as land gets transacted at higher prices, the perceived valuation of land increases, driving up the stock price.
http://research.maybank-ib.com/pdf/document/UEM_Land_20120229_MIB_1_1436.pdf

3) Another method of stock valuation is Discounting Future Cash flows to the present (DCF valuation). Simply stated, present value of all future cash profits. UEM land posted stronger than expected earnings in Q4 2012 and beat analyst estimates. This in turn, increased analyst estimates of future earnings further driven by higher potential property prices due to the announcements, hence valuation, hence the stock price.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/23/business/12749160&sec=business

Of course, all 3 of the reasons above are mutually inclusive. Good news leads to improved perception, that leads to higher property price and that in turn leads to increased profitability for developers who have land banks.

Not all is rosy. There are risk factors. Elections risks, for example as well as project cancellation risks. Some of these risks are already factored in the prices. These risks are one of the reasons why the implied land valuation is so low. Once these risks are mitigated (such as poitive election results), the prices may rise more or fall if the results are adverse.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor:

I can try to answer your second question. In simple terms, stock prices are a function of market sentiments, valuation of underlying assets (in UEM Case - landbank), and the estimates of future profitability.

1) Given the recent HSR announcements and the proposed stop at Nusajaya, market sentiments have turned positive towards UEM given their landbank and developments at Nusajaya. Of course, tomorrow if they decide not to have the station at Nusajaya, sentiments will turn south and so will the stock price - as a risk factor.

2) As per analysts, the current stock prices of UEM Land are based on land price assumptions that are below market value. Ex. Residential Land at Nusajaya at RM 20 psf. See the page 3 report on the link below. So as land gets transacted at higher prices, the perceived valuation of land increases, driving up the stock price.
http://research.maybank-ib.com/pdf/document/UEM_Land_20120229_MIB_1_1436.pdf

3) Another method of stock valuation is Discounting Future Cash flows to the present (DCF valuation). Simply stated, present value of all future cash profits. UEM land posted stronger than expected earnings in Q4 2012 and beat analyst estimates. This in turn, increased analyst estimates of future earnings further driven by higher potential property prices due to the announcements, hence valuation, hence the stock price.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/23/business/12749160&sec=business

Of course, all 3 of the reasons above are mutually inclusive. Good news leads to improved perception, that leads to higher property price and that in turn leads to increased profitability for developers who have land banks.

Not all is rosy. There are risk factors. Elections risks, for example as well as project cancellation risks. Some of these risks are already factored in the prices. These risks are one of the reasons why the implied land valuation is so low. Once these risks are mitigated (such as poitive election results), the prices may rise more or fall if the results are adverse.

Wow, Axxxxxx,

Thanks for the detailed explanation and those links, I'll read up tonight. You really sound like a Wall Street financial expert :smile: So do you invest in stocks too?

Last edited:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has there been anyone who has state consent delays? I recall seeing a few but i accidentally deleted the PMs, my apologies. For those with the state consent issue, please let me know.

Aiya bro...i Pm you a long message than cannot go through .i think you mailbox is full...now i have to write long message again..hahaha.
Btw bro thank you for the assisting and advise if can you sms me your contact so that i will let you know ya...cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.