• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaceful

Alfrescian
Loyal
.Sound so familiar. I have learnt to keep quiet about my purchases. The fact that we are in the forum cause we all think alike.
Thanks all for sharing so much information.

Nehhhh..... never bother to tell anyone unless they show "real interest" to buy.

It happen to me every new year in Singapore I tell relatives to buy properties in Singapore from 2004 to 2009. No one acted; some even sold their only property and waited for a correction that till today still have not come.

Now I see them I just keep quiet. What ever I say will be "sour". What ever they say will be "sour grape".

I just keep quiet enjoy my new found wealth.
Now I venture into JB; I know if I told anyone they will say exactly what you have just type on top.

The same thing will happen all over again; and they will say thing like "not as cleaver as you", "Not as rich as you".

Just ignore them, invest yourself. Get rich yourself.

And if I feel like giving out tips; I rather give to strangers like those in this forum.

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Friends,
I need adv on the coupon system in JB. I was at Taman Molek last week and noticed that I need to display parking coupon. I managed to buy one from s/o there. I realised that petrol kiosk not selling and worst not many Johoreans know what is coupon/koupon.
Can s/o pls tell me where can i buy this coupon from
Thanks

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Friends,
I need adv on the coupon system in JB. I was at Taman Molek last week and noticed that I need to display parking coupon. I managed to buy one from s/o there. I realised that petrol kiosk not selling and worst not many Johoreans know what is coupon/koupon.
Can s/o pls tell me where can i buy this coupon from
Thanks
Look out for signage outside provision shop or seven eleven. The signage is telling you this shop has sell the parking coupon. RM6 per booklet if I remember. And you can only use it in Johor.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For me, I am quite lucky, after I paid the deposit for the house, then I tell my family members.
My sister gave me $25k and my dad ask me enough or not, if not I give u. Don't take so much loan.
As for my relatives, I don't bother to waste my time telling them if not I will be the topic of the year.
My colleagues initially show interest, then start to pour cold water and scare me with all sort of stories they heard.
So my conclusion is just keep it to yourself and ppl who support u.

Many books and articles have been written about human behaviour like that, from crab bucket mentality to what they define as not wishing to see folks moving out of their league in any way possible, (Rules of wealth) and this is true even for matters pertaining to migration.

I even saw a brother of a friend dissuading his own brother from going into a similar business as he is in, stating that going into business is tough, dangerous (this is in SG) and will guarantee only a pocket full of medicine. Yet no one wondered why, in spite of the different types of medicine he allegedly has to take daily, he still continues his roaring and lucrative business for so many years.

I guess many may be keen at first but got dissuaded themselves or unable to proceed due to many reasons and some of them may even be extremely lame but i digress. They then attempt to stop you so that you are unable to fulfil your dream and so gain an imaginary "step up" on them.

They fail to realise, the person to beat is themselves, never any others. Comparison will only lead to ultimate misery.

non_conformist_magnet-p147961158476690251b2gru_400.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crab bucket

A crab bucket is what it is: crabs in a bucket. However, what happens in the bucket full of crabs is what makes it a famous saying.

When a single crab is put into a lidless bucket, they surely can and will escape. However, when more than one share a bucket, none can get out. If one crab elevates themself above all, the others will grab this crab and drag'em back down to share the mutual fate of the rest of the group.

Crab bucket syndrome is often used to describe social situations where one person is trying to better themself and others in the community attempt to pull them back down. Also often used in describing the ghettos of America (or anywhere, for that matter).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
p7525256.jpg

”千万不要有跟人斗的心,不要跟人比,你要赢的,是你自己!”

"Never ever have a competitive heart, don't compare with others. The person to triumph over, is really oneself!"

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My relatives and friends are also not interested. Some asked why I go invest in JB, got serious crime problems. Some don't even respond, no second word about it. This shows none is interested. I told them the money that I have I can only buy some 'lego bricks' in Sg, in My, at least I can buy a proper house with roof. People like me need to 'explore' outside Sg. if not the cash will be eroded by inflation, and maybe a few years later, really can't afford to buy anything if you don't buy now.
With so many unis in JB, who knows our future generation may not be able to study in local uni becos of higher fees, cheaper way is to enrol in JB reputable uni, just across the straits only. So the house you buy today, maybe of some use later on for them. By then, JB would have flourish, and maybe a better place than Sg, at least in terms of space-wise. Look at our mrt trains and shopping malls/foodcourt - pack like sardines, and somemore want to increase population to 6.9 mil. Can't be too wrong to invest in My if we look 10 years down the road becos our gahmen oready stated their population target.

Last edited:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we should give JB some time to change with regards to crime problem. Look at Xiamen in China, last time when i visited, there were alot of beggars around, they can just cling on to your car doors, thinking you will give them some money, and they bet you won't dare to slam the car door shut. But today it's different!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB should look very good in 2-3 years' time. It is more vibrant now compare to last year. I see more S-plate cars in JB showflats now.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crime in JB will eventually go away.

Maybe a special force from police. But I bet "gangsters" as the best solution.

They will hunt down robbers maybe at RM1000/head.

10,000 robber is only RM10m.

Some gangster can wear gold chains to pretend to be target while another group will embush the stupid snatcher.

You caught one, you smash their hands till the cannot use them anymore.

By the time you caught the 100 thief, the 9,900 will all go into hiding.

If the robber stab a victim, the next 10 robber will be stab back too.

This is very possible. It is done in city before they turn vibrant. The most famus of all is Macau.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crab concept. Damn that is right.

When I bought my 6 properties in 2005, there is one person that try to talk me into stopping.

This person is not rich.
He never bought a property before.
He love gamble and beer.
Never invest a cent in stock market.

He is my FATHER.

p7525256.jpg

”千万不要有跟人斗的心,不要跟人比,你要赢的,是你自己!”

"Never ever have a competitive heart, don't compare with others. The person to triumph over, is really oneself!"

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure your father is concern for you. Your property purchase so far is bearing fruit as the timing is right, but there are many older folks who bought at wrong time and they either bankrupt or take 10 years to recover.. Say if one bought in 1996-1997 time frame.. or bought JB house 20-30 years ago which highly rise until recently.

Crab concept. Damn that is right.

When I bought my 6 properties in 2005, there is one person that try to talk me into stopping.

This person is not rich.
He never bought a property before.
He love gamble and beer.
Never invest a cent in stock market.

He is my FATHER.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bankrupt and poor are similar but yet totally different.

Bankrupt is poor after trying to be rich.
Poor is just believing in destiny and laziness.

有钱难买少年穷。

I am sure your father is concern for you. Your property purchase so far is bearing fruit as the timing is right, but there are many older folks who bought at wrong time and they either bankrupt or take 10 years to recover.. Say if one bought in 1996-1997 time frame.. or bought JB house 20-30 years ago which highly rise until recently.

Last edited:

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nehhhh..... never bother to tell anyone unless they show "real interest" to buy.

It happen to me every new year in Singapore I tell relatives to buy properties in Singapore from 2004 to 2009. No one acted; some even sold their only property and waited for a correction that till today still have not come.

Now I see them I just keep quiet. What ever I say will be "sour". What ever they say will be "sour grape".

I just keep quiet enjoy my new found wealth.
Now I venture into JB; I know if I told anyone they will say exactly what you have just type on top.

The same thing will happen all over again; and they will say thing like "not as cleaver as you", "Not as rich as you".

Just ignore them, invest yourself. Get rich yourself.

And if I feel like giving out tips; I rather give to strangers like those in this forum.

Thanks for the tips. Get rich yourself too. :smile:

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
mi keep it quiet even papa,mama,bro,sis all dun know, otherwise sure kena "cannot buy har..tell u again..cannot buy har".. View attachment 9453 just bring them over slowly to let them see and feel it once it's done. (tok too much also no use..)

I did not tell my MIL side that we bought properties in Malaysia. Otherwise she will not be able to sleep and will constantly ask us to sell the house away even if in the loss. She is a low risk taker. She said to us :"just be happy with one HDB flat, what is so good about more properties".

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bankrupt and poor are similar but yet totally different.

Bankrupt is poor after trying to be rich.
Poor is just believing in destiny and laziness.

有钱难买少年穷。

Agree.

If fail, at least tried and no regret.

That is life and life is good.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, I am quite lucky, after I paid the deposit for the house, then I tell my family members.
My sister gave me $25k and my dad ask me enough or not, if not I give u. Don't take so much loan.
As for my relatives, I don't bother to waste my time telling them if not I will be the topic of the year.
My colleagues initially show interest, then start to pour cold water and scare me with all sort of stories they heard.
So my conclusion is just keep it to yourself and ppl who support u.

Your sister and dad are very supportive.

I give you my moral support. Don't worry be happy.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crime in JB will eventually go away.

Maybe a special force from police. But I bet "gangsters" as the best solution.

They will hunt down robbers maybe at RM1000/head.

10,000 robber is only RM10m.

Some gangster can wear gold chains to pretend to be target while another group will embush the stupid snatcher.

You caught one, you smash their hands till the cannot use them anymore.

By the time you caught the 100 thief, the 9,900 will all go into hiding.

If the robber stab a victim, the next 10 robber will be stab back too.

This is very possible. It is done in city before they turn vibrant. The most famus of all is Macau.

Good strategy. If you are the government, sure vote u.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eventually some rich tycoons will do what I said after their family members are hurt.

I am in JB to make money. Not to fight crime.

In current market RM10,000,000 is small money. It is only the price of 10 condos. If I am the richest guy in JB I will do it. And everyone living in JB will love the new found freedom.

Good strategy. If you are the government, sure vote u.

Status
Not open for further replies.