• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bros, I'm looking for a retirement home and it has always been a dream of mine to live by the sea. Can anyone advise me on which development is by the sea but yet does not cost more than 300k sgd?

Casa Almyra comes to mind but it is getting harder to get something for that amount. Laguna is also good as well but their foreign quota may have been met. Heard of some semi-ds that they were launching.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi...Is the unit come with swimming pool? which phase is this?

Apologies tigerbear, best not for me to comment too much but it is the 3.9m unit that Investor was talking about.
The owner is flying off to somewhere nice i heard.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To all younguns out there do heed these wise words from wuqi . sigh.... wish I could turn back the clock

Thanks Ms Mystery, when one is young, the banks and people do tend to give you more chances and opportunities. However, as one gets older, opportunities gets lesser and so does the term of the loan. I know of a few gentlemen who are pretty well off but because of their age, they can never get any loan from any banks. All the units they purchased, they had to do it by cash.

Hence youth is ones best asset, it depreciates with time so leverage on that first and use that to maximise your yield while the sun is still shining. However, even if one missed the boat, it doesn't mean that one should stop trying. One person never gave up though and started what would later become an international chain known as KFC. His age when he started it? 65.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, you are one in a few million. Very true that youth is the best leverage...

Thank you for your kind words, avelc. I count myself as the least amongst my countrymen as there are many more much better than me. I am just one of the many blokes finding his own way through the river of life, suddenly realising one day that he was no longer a youth and with heavy responsibilities in life.

Just like a GFAC left with no way back, onwards to and carry on mission.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile:Hiya all! Recent postings affirm my 'debut post' that this forum is a reality drama of sorts that rocks ! - semua pun ada and gee, I m happy as a lark to be a teensy, weensy bit of this cyber family.

Then there is our young old sage Wuqi .

Ha , the comic n potty Potter and schtaw . Also frank n good sharings from Grago, Arsenal n Vincentck. Of course not to forget my sistas Crystal, ginfreely for that feminine n also once in a while that 'leoline feline' (ouch) touch. Kinda miss some from LIJB1 & LIJB2 who I dont see much or at all now in LIJB3 like Analytical Professor,LastResort,Lord Aragorn ,Yonglip, Odyssey ,ShawnLow,AbuGumGum, avelc and a few others.

Meantime to all, Cheers n keep up the spirit of LIJB as I am doing as MsTrii.....hehehe

Hi MsTrii, I'm surprised I'm still mentioned even though I've been quiet for a while. It has been a good 2.5 yrs since I found this forum, read it and followed bro wuqi's advice... Things are really moving for me with new baby and new house on the way. I will be getting my house keys on 20/3 and my baby girl should be out by end Mar. Exciting times lies ahead for me.

All the best to bro Wuqi and everyone else with vested interest in Iskandar.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
super like this quote

Somehow have a stupid talent with all this stupid quote....

Maybe a monk whom when MIA do retain some ZEN. Wanted to be a monk or full time buddhist; but found out I love wealth more than Buddha.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always find the "Mortgage" is like a mistress.

To get this Ms Mortgage.
First Ms Mortgage must like your condo or bungalow.
Second you must prove you have income source.
Then you got to have a mega bank account for the "Ms Mortgage" will really love you.

After you signed on dotted line......
"Ms Mortgage" will want you to pay "your due" every month.
If you cut off "Ms Mortgage" you will "pay a penalty".
Best of all.... after you sold your property; she will take a cut and take back everything she give you till date.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most Malaysians say property expensive (so far I have never heard anyone say their country property is cheap too:biggrin:)

Some 75% of Malaysians feel that all property types in Malaysia are expensive, and three in four persons believe the government is not doing enough to keep prices affordable.

These are some of the findings by PropertyGuru.com.my in its Property Sentiments Survey 2012. Its group CEO Steve Melhuish says buyer sentiment, however, is strong and demand is still present despite the findings.

PropertyGuru Group, Asia’s market leader for online residential and commercial property, announced these findings as well as outstanding results for its Malaysian-based portal at a recent media luncheon.

The survey found that an average of 30% of respondents feel that apartments or condominiums and terrace houses are most affordable. Some 55% owners of terrace houses are interested in upgrading to another terrace house whereas 30% are looking for semi-detached houses.

On top of that, some 63% of first-time buyers are looking to purchase property in the country, with Selangor (31%) being the choice destination, followed by Kuala Lumpur (25%), Johor (13%) and Penang (16%).

Besides that, 12% of respondents are interested in overseas investment, with 80% of them being in the high-income group (above RM5,000). Among the top destinations of choice are Australia, Singapore, the UK, Indonesia and Thailand.

Some 70% of respondents agree the announcement from Budget 2013—to build 123,000 affordable homes at a cost of RM1.9 billion in key locations such as Kuala Lumpur, Shah Alam, Johor Baru, Seremban and Kuantan—will help provide affordable housing in the country.

On top of that, 67% of respondents agree that amendments to My First Home Scheme (by increasing the income limit for individual loans from RM3,000 to RM5,000 per month or joint loans of husband and wife of up to RM10,000 per month) will help in providing affordable housing in the country.

PropertyGuru’s newly appointed country manager, Gerard Kho says they see a trend where types of homes are changing according to affordability.

“There are more projects within the range of RM300,00 to RM400,000 compared to RM600,000 in the past years. You’ll find smaller units in the city, and larger units out of town, which I say fits the gap very well,” he says.

Kho brings a wealth of experience to his new position, having a decade of expertise in fast developing real estate markets such as Australia, Singapore and Malaysia.

He will oversee all aspects of PropertyGuru’s Malaysian-based operation—in KL, Penang and the Iskandar region in Johor. He will also promote the company’s rapid expansion within the online portal market amongst consumers and advertiser clients.

PropertyGuru ended last year with strong emphasis placed on mobile innovation and developing its brand identity. It also extended its market leadership position in the region, seeing rapid growth in both revenue and traffic numbers.

“It was an amazing year for PropertyGuru with performance completely exceeding expectations in all countries. I’m sure 2013 will be another exciting year. We’ll continue to create innovation in our services, brand and improve the experience for our property searchers and advertiser clients,” says Melhuish.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi MsTrii, I'm surprised I'm still mentioned even though I've been quiet for a while. It has been a good 2.5 yrs since I found this forum, read it and followed bro wuqi's advice... Things are really moving for me with new baby and new house on the way. I will be getting my house keys on 20/3 and my baby girl should be out by end Mar. Exciting times lies ahead for me.

All the best to bro Wuqi and everyone else with vested interest in Iskandar.

Congratulations & Jubilations :smile:

NUSADUTA5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to.ijm n neg on the extn 4 us to do trsf name o other options to go,tey gv 2 wks!2 wk is short!the manager keep saying he no choice cos he oso.dun know govt wil reject their foreign quota,i tot b4 tey launch n.sale tey shd know tey can.sale.how many to foreigner rite ???:*:
Anyway thks for wuji bro gv me all.the useful inf

NUSADUTA5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuji bro,
Las time i.was a member for iskandarliving (bestari height forum),recently i.try to login to iskandarliving but it said my ip add was permanently banned, do u know y ???

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always find the "Mortgage" is like a mistress.

To get this Ms Mortgage.
First Ms Mortgage must like your condo or bungalow.
Second you must prove you have income source.
Then you got to have a mega bank account for the "Ms Mortgage" will really love you.

After you signed on dotted line......
"Ms Mortgage" will want you to pay "your due" every month.
If you cut off "Ms Mortgage" you will "pay a penalty".
Best of all.... after you sold your property; she will take a cut and take back everything she give you till date.

I would like to convert them to 2nd, 3rd.. wife asap, and make more babies.. titter.gif

happyone

For 2 weeks, I have been to few places such as, SP Setia Tropika, Eco Garden, Cascadia, Mont Callista, Horizon Hill, Nusa Idaman, Nusa Sentra, Scientex Mutiara Mas, Mutiara Rina, Tenah Sutera etc.. Sadly to say the houses all are no longer affordable friendly. On the average is about RM$800 to RM1million. And their next coming new phases will be at least RM$1million and above.

Tibetos

Just so this heads-up may save you some grief - I spent a late Sat night last evening in JB with some good pals. We reached Singapore side of Causeway about 3.45am. It was jammed and moving very, very slowly. Never expected such a backlog for 3.45am in the morning! Took 45 mins to get through Customs. Not sure if this is a common occurrence for Sat night/Sun early mornings.

Just an alert to any bros/sis' who want to stay out real late to avoid jams coming back...

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apologies tigerbear, best not for me to comment too much but it is the 3.9m unit that Investor was talking about.
The owner is flying off to somewhere nice i heard.

Oh, when I was there on Saturday, I bumped into the agent with an Ang Moh client looking for bungalow. Agent show me the 3.9m bungalow. Good for the ex-owner but I heard buyer wanted to put on market for higher price.

Saw 2 of my new semis neighbours side by side checking out their homes.

Why is the street lighting still not on now that the houses have already VP?

Status
Not open for further replies.