• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 10/11

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool v Fulham: match preview

roy-hodgson_g_1694959c.jpg

By John Ley 6:00AM GMT 17 Dec 2010

Sunday, December 19

Liverpool v Fulham

Anfield

Kick-off:
17.30 GMT

Liverpool
(Possible, 4-4-2): Reina; Johnson, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Konchesky; Maxi, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt; Ngog, Torres.
Fulham
(Possible, 4-4-1-1): Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Salcido; Davies, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey; Gera, A Johnson.
Referee
: Andre Marriner. Matches: 12. R2 Y47.

Tale of the game

Not only have Fulham not won away in the Premier League for 16 months and 26 games, but they have never won at Anfield, in 23 attempts.

Since their first League visit, 60 years ago, they have lost 16 and drawn seven, scoring 15 goals and conceding 55. And Fulham arrive having failed to score in their last four visits to Anfield, though in their last two they have left with a point from successive goalless draws.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson faces his former club, as will left-back Paul Konchesky. They have won 77 per cent of their points at Anfield this season – 17 out of 22 – and netted 71 per cent of their goals (15 from 21) at home. And a further pointer that this is a home win banked, Fulham have won five of their 18 points (28 per cent) on their travels.

Liverpool have lost three of their last five League games, with 3-0 wins (at home to West Ham and Aston Villa) in between each loss. But since losing at home to Blackpool in October at Anfield, they have won their last four at home, scoring 10 goals and conceding just one.

Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger and Jay Spearing are still missing for Liverpool while Steve Gerrard has a chance of a return after missing four League games after aggravating a hamstring problem while on England duty.

Fulham could recall Moussa Dembele but Fredrick Stoor, Rafik Halliche, Bobby Zamora and Philippe Senderos are still missing, while manager Mark Hughes must decide whether to give Andrew Johnson a start in attack.

Last season: Fulham 3 Liverpool 1, Liverpool 0 Fulham 0.

Stat of the game: Fulham have drawn 10 games, the most by any Premier League club after 17 games.

Betting tip: Too many stats point to a home win, so try a successive third 3-0 at 10-1.

D

Dodomeki

Heavy snow wipes out most Premiership matches

Heavy snow wipes out most Premiership matches
<header id="leadheader" class=" smallimg">

London - The Associated Press
Published <time pubdate="" datetime="2010-12-18 09:08 -0500">Saturday, Dec. 18, 2010 9:08AM EST</time>

arsenalsnow_1076901cl-3.jpg

A blast of heavy snow wiped out most of the weekend Premier League program after the conditions made it too hazardous for fans to attend many matches across England.

Arsenal's home match against Stoke and Liverpool's meeting with Fulham at Anfield were among the four matches that fell victim to the big freeze on Saturday, while leader Manchester United's trip to Chelsea on Sunday is also off.

With Birmingham-Newcastle and Wigan-Aston Villa also postponed, only Sunderland's meeting with Bolton and Blackburn's match against West Ham were due to go ahead on Saturday.

In north London, Arsenal said three inches (seven centimetres) of snow fell over the Emirates Stadium before the referee called off the match and the north London club said there appeared to be “no apparent let up.”

There was also a huge deluge in Liverpool, with the club saying that “the conditions around the stadium and further afield for people travelling to the match” made it too dangerous to allow the Anfield match to go ahead.

Liverpool and Wigan said their pitches would have been playable. Wigan said 10 inches (25 centimetres) of snow fell overnight in the town, meaning “public transport isn't running, there are motorway closures and the general condition of the surrounding routes is treacherous.”

Birmingham cited “health and safety grounds” for the decision to call off its home match against Newcastle, saying that roads around the stadium were unsafe.

Chelsea postponed its home match around 27 hours before Sunday's kickoff after consultation with the police and the local authority.

But West Bromwich Albion's derby against Wolverhampton and Tottenham's match at Blackpool in the northwest on Sunday are still set to be played.

On Monday night, Manchester City hosts Everton.

</header>

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Elephant man,
if you rub your face hard enough,
Maybe you will wake up to reality
your beloved club won't even qualify for
the Europa League next season

Dear Wayne Piew,

I presume you also love your Man U as much as we, Pool supporters love our Liverpool FC.

You miss the point completely as an ardent fan.

Whether Liverpool in the worst case scenerio miss out on Europa even, come next season...... but hey, we still LOVE our BELOVED CLUB NO MATTER WHAT...

Are you also telling me you will desert your MAn U the day they are out of the top 6 in the event an unworthy successor to Fergie comes in say 6 years from now?

Surely not right? assuming you are not a fair-weathered fan of course...

So be friendly and say something constructive. instead of coming into this thread to thumb your noses at us...

I have been very civil with you so far, & will continue to be so, I have no axe to grind with you.... and at the end of the day, in spite of the LOVE & PASSION for the game, it is at the end of the day.... A GAME.

Have a good day..... Red Devils looks good for to match Liverpool's 17 total Top League Championship wins this season ....

D

Dodomeki

Blackpool v Liverpool FC game postponed due to frozen pitch

Dec 26 2010 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

roy-hodgson-vs-blackpool-147219386.jpg

Roy Hodgson vs Blackpool

LIVERPOOL'S trip to Blackpool today has been postponed due to a frozen pitch at Bloomfield Road.

The match will now be played on Wednesday, January 12 at 8pm with tickets for the original date still valid.

Any Liverpool supporter who is unable to travel on the new date should return their ticket to Liverpool FC by close of business on Thursday, January 6 for a refund.

D

Dodomeki

Premier League: Liverpool 2 Bolton 1

2 January 2011

12427204090.jpg

Substitute Joe Cole snatched an injury-time winner as Liverpool beat Bolton 2-1 and eased the pressure on under-fire manager Roy Hodgson.

Kevin Davies nodded the visitors in front from Matthew Taylor's cross, but Fernando Torres volleyed a second-half equaliser for the struggling Reds in front of the Anfield faithful.

Cole then stole the three points for the hosts at the end of the game from close range after good work from Maxi Rodriguez.

It was a slow start for the home side at a below-capacity Anfield and Liverpool took a while to wake up, but nearly took the lead on 20 minutes when Torres' shot was deflected into the path of Maxi, who saw his powerful shot cleared off the line by Matthew Taylor.

After that early chance, Liverpool did not create a lot more and were made to pay when Kevin Davies opened the scoring just before the break.

Matthew Taylor whipped a free-kick into the area and Davies cleverly lost his man before burying a header at the far post.

It should have been level at the break but Lucas spurned a golden opportunity to score when Dirk Kuyt unselfishly squared the ball, but the Brazilian stabbed wide with the goal at his mercy.

There was a chorus of boos from the Liverpool supporters at half-time but after the break, the Merseysiders rallied with Torres netting a vital equalising goal shortly after play resumed.

Steven Gerrard picked out the Spaniard's run brilliantly, and he sent a powerful volley into the roof of the net barely five minutes after the restart.

As the half progressed, the Bolton defence took a battering in front of the Kop end, and Gerrard sent a volley just over the bar.

Maxi Rodriguez had the chance to score next, but his shot was charged down by an army of defenders.

Substitute Joe Cole finally proved the difference between the two sides when he bundled home in injury time to secure the points for Liverpool.

D

Dodomeki

Premier League: Blackburn 3 Liverpool 1

6 January 2011

12427205200.jpg

Liverpool's miserable season continued after they were comprehensively beaten 3-1 by Blackburn at Ewood Park.

A Martin Olsson strike and two goals from Benjani saw Rovers pick up three points and leapfrog their opponents in the Premier League table.

Steven Gerrard scored and missed a penalty as Liverpool finally kicked into gear in the dying minutes but it was too little too late for the misfiring Reds.

It was a first home win for Rovers boss Steve Kean but the future now looks uncertain for his opposite number and former Blackburn manager Roy Hodgson, who was barracked with chants of 'sacked in the morning' by the home fans.

Blackburn began well with David Dunn hitting a looping volley over the bar before Mame Biram Diouf squandered a good chance.

The Senegalese forward miscued from close range after a curling cross from Olsson was deflected into his path, but his controlled effort rose high above Pepe Reina's bar.

At the other end, Joe Cole looked lively after his last-minute heroics against Bolton and he poked Liverpool's best first-half effort just wide from a tight angle after good work from Glen Johnson.

Diouf made up for his miss in the 31st minute with a perfect pass to release Olsson who strode clear and fired in through Reina's legs.

Blackburn were 2-0 ahead six minutes later when Benjani brilliantly held off Sotirios Kyrgiakos and smashed the ball high past Reina although the Spanish goalkeeper may have felt he could have done better.

Rovers looked like they had wrapped up the win shortly after the restart when Justin Hoilett beat Glen Johnson and delivered a perfect cross to Benjani for the simplest of tap-ins from three yards.

Gerrard gave Liverpool a lifeline in the 81st minute with a smart strike after Fernando Torres's snapshot was blocked.

And he could have made it a tense finish when Michel Salgado clipped the Liverpool captain in the box with four minutes to go but he blasted his spot-kick over the bar.

D

Dodomeki

´Depressed´ Hodgson awaits Anfield fate

6 January 2011

12427205270.jpg

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson admitted he was 'depressed' after his side's 3-1 loss to Blackburn cast further doubt on his future at Anfield.

A Benjani double and a Martin Olsson strike saw Rovers sweep Liverpool aside at Ewood Park, with Steven Gerrard's late consolation doing little to lift Hodgson's sombre mood.

"I am not prepared to talk about my future," Hodgson said.

"At this moment, I am depressed enough with the performance and the result. I am not here to talk about that future. I have no comments to make and I don't intend to answer any questions on the subject."

Hodgson was clearly disappointed at the loss and expressed remorse towards the club's faithful supporters.

"If you are Liverpool and you lose away to Blackburn, then it is impossible to put a positive slant on it," he said.

"As far as I'm concerned, it's a really bad day. We had a very large travelling contingent and I know they were dejected at the end. What the fans are feeling, I can assure them that if they came into the dressing room they would see people similarly dejected."

"We have feelings of bitter disappointment and frustration. We are very frustrated and disappointed for the fans."

Blackburn manager Steve Kean was not getting carried away with the victory, preferring to focus his attention on the January transfer window.

"There is a list of players but what we need to do is look at the reason why we've got so many players out injured," Kean said.

"We've lost Phil Jones who's a good young central defender and we haven't got any midfield players fit. There will be players coming in from those positions. So we're not going to focus on one signing, I expect there will be two or three."

Blackburn are expected to be heavily involved in player sales this month with new owners Venky's declaring their intent to get big names to Ewood Park, including the likes of David Beckham and Ronaldinho.

"The owners want to show the intent they've got and the ability to bring players in of that ilk and that can only be exciting," Kean said.

"With the togetherness we've got that everybody could see against Liverpool that can only be progressive for the club."

jw5

Loyal
its now interesting to see...

who gets sacked first...

ancelotti or roy hodgson.
What about Gerard Houllier?

I feel sorry for Hodgson, he inherited a lot of Benitez's problems.
But if Liverpool should make a change, they should not hire an experienced foreign or English manager this time. They did that the last 2 times. Go for a former fan favourite with no or little experience.

My recommendation is Ronnie Whelan as manager and Steve McMahon as his assistant.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But if Liverpool should make a change, they should not hire an experienced foreign or English manager this time. They did that the last 2 times. Go for a former fan favourite with no or little experience.

My recommendation is Ronnie Whelan as manager and Steve McMahon as his assistant.

===
Problem with Aston Villa is, given the notoriety of the chairman, most reputable managers won't touch with a 10ft pole.

Roy was hired i believed becos of his pay demand...at that time, Liverpool was transiting between owners and they got someone who ask for the lowest pay, I reckon.

Or they think just because he led Fulham to the brink of European history - he is the man for the job. Personally, I think Roy should be given time on the job. Almost the entire team was inherited from the fat waiter.

Players need time to get used to his style - from the start of the season - Torres has not been fit- but they have no one else to depend on. I don't understand - I feel Babel is a good player - his wonder goal against Chelsea in one of the games...but why didn't Roy play him more?

Buy a striker - yes, buy a midfielder yes, buy a defender too...Carragher is shit loh.

And then, give him till next season to prove some results...but unfortunately, time is not available for managers nowadays - even if Ferguson shows these types of results today, he will be sacked.

I think Roy will go, fans are against you, media against you...gone...who's next? Whoever is next does not change the fact that this season is down the toilet.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

==

a rookie without experience ? Darren Ferguson for you... haha

jw5

Loyal
===
Problem with Aston Villa is, given the notoriety of the chairman, most reputable managers won't touch with a 10ft pole.

Roy was hired i believed becos of his pay demand...at that time, Liverpool was transiting between owners and they got someone who ask for the lowest pay, I reckon.

Or they think just because he led Fulham to the brink of European history - he is the man for the job. Personally, I think Roy should be given time on the job. Almost the entire team was inherited from the fat waiter.
Nice posts bro.
Darren Ferguson for Liverpool manager? Hahaha, after that, loan Rooney, Nani and Vidic to Liverpool. If he gets sacked, recall them. :biggrin:
If they hire a former fan favourite, the fans will be more lenient and there may be fresh interesting ideas.

Agree that Hodgson should be given more time. He inherited a lot of Benitez rubbish, and a strangely demotivated Torres. Babel is a skilled player but very inconsistent and poor on defence. At least give him until the end of the season.

I thot Randy Learner the Villa chairman is quite ok. Even Alan Curbishly who was interviewed and not appointed to the job said so. It's Martin O'Neill who is the strange one..................

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
<Roy was hired i believed becos of his pay demand...at that time, Liverpool was transiting between owners and they got someone who ask for the lowest pay, I reckon.>[/QUOTE]

Roy was not the first choice. The owners were hoping to engage a national team coach of one of the participating teams in the world cup finals. When Roy got wind of it, he met with the owners and demanded that the contract be tabled,signed and sealed before the commencement of the WC. He din want the yanks to screw him the way they did Benitez.
[/QUOTE]
<Or they think just because he led Fulham to the brink of European history - he is the man for the job. Personally, I think Roy should be given time on the job. Almost the entire team was inherited from the fat waiter.> [/QUOTE]
In terms of experience at club and national level, there is no one better than Roy. Agree. the club should give him more time and stand by their man.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
LIVERPOOL have confirmed boss Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Reds legend Kenny Dalglish will take charge for the crucial FA Cup clash with bitter rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford tomorrow.

And club owner John Henry has revealed the Scot will remain in charge for the remainder of the season.

Henry said: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager.

"We wish him all the best for the future.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers — three giants.

"We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Hodgson, 63, added: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege.

"Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans.

"Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career.

"I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool.

"The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season.

"I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times.

"And finally, of course, to the Liverpool fans — your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Hodgson was named Liverpool boss on July 1 last year, signing a three-year contract and looking to translate his success at Fulham onto a bigger stage.

But despite victories in the early stages of the Europa League, domestic results failed to live up to expectations — most memorably with a Carling Cup exit to League Two Northampton at Anfield.

The Reds even found themselves in the bottom three of the league with a 2-1 home defeat to promoted Blackpool, the first time since September 1964 they had ended a round of top-flight fixtures in such a position.

A run of three straight league wins, including a home win over champions Chelsea, eased the pressure.

But Hodgson was recently forced to make a grovelling apology to the club's fans for saying he "had never had the famous Anfield support" since taking over.

Those comments came after another home defeat, this time to bottom side Wolves, and the final straw came with Wednesday's 3-1 loss at Blackburn. Source-The SUN

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3338186/Liverpool-drop-axe-on-Roy-Hodgson.html

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
not a very good start for King Kenny.
but we are getting there. Derby match ended in a 2-2 Draw.

D

Dodomeki

Premier League: Liverpool 2 Everton 2

17 January 2011

12427208040.jpg

Dirk Kuyt's penalty earned Liverpool a 2-2 draw with Everton in the Merseyside derby which left both sides only four points clear of the relegation zone.

Raul Meireles opened the scoring, driving in from 18 yards after Tim Howard made a double save from Kuyt.

Everton equalised when Sylvain Distin headed in at the back post before Jermaine Beckford lashed them ahead from close range minutes later.

But when Howard tripped Maxi Rodriguez in the box, Kuyt fired in to level.

With Kenny Dalglish returning to the Anfield dug-out as Liverpool manager for the first time in 20 years there was an air of expectation ahead of the derby clash, heightened by a rousing rendition of 'You'll never Walk Alone' before kick-off.

Everton, meanwhile, have struggled at Anfield in the past, winning only twice in 18 Premier League visits.

Fernando Torres, making his 100th league appearance for Liverpool, almost gave the home side a dream start but he fired his angled drive into the arms of Howard after only nine seconds.

With little between the two sides, Liverpool took the lead after 28 minutes when Glen Johnson's cross from the left was headed goalwards by Kuyt.

The Dutchman's header was saved low by Howard who followed that by blocking Kuyt's follow-up shot with his legs but he could do little as Meireles smashed his first goal for Liverpool from 18 yards out.

However, it took Everton only 43 seconds of the second half to equalise when Mikel Arteta's corner was met by Distin at the back post and the Frenchman out-jumped Martin Skrtel to power his header past Pepe Reina.

After 51 minutes the turnaround was complete when Leon Osman latched onto Victor Anichebe's flick-on and slipped his pass through to Beckford, goal-side of Meireles, and the former Leeds man slammed his close-range effort past Reina.

Howard, a hero having already made several key saves, turned villain when he clipped the legs of Maxi as he touched the ball away from goal and the referee pointed to the penalty spot.

Kuyt stepped up to drive his penalty into the right corner and set up a tense finale as both sides threw men forward but neither could score the winning goal.

D

Dodomeki

Premier League: Liverpool 2 Everton 2
Well it's no surprise that Liverpool and Everton are DRAW specialists. :p

Liverpool have to owe this draw to the absence of Everton's talisman striker Tim Cahill who is away on national duty (Asian Cup).

ASIA_CUP.jpg

T_Cahill.jpg