• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 10/11

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Spanish league. always but 5 or 6 goals
when ever Real Madrid or Barcelona play.
When Real play Murcia, wanted to buy
AOS i.e. 6 goals and above for exact score,
but the odds only $6.50 and total goals
for 6 goals is $7.50.
6 goals odds and chances are better than AOS.
Sg pools odds are always a joke.
11buo1i.jpg
2kl9qu.jpg

D

Dodomeki

For Spanish league. always but 5 or 6 goals
when ever Real Madrid or Barcelona play.
When Real play Murcia, wanted to buy
AOS i.e. 6 goals and above for exact score,
but the odds only $6.50 and total goals
for 6 goals is $7.50.
6 goals odds and chances are better than AOS.
Sg pools odds are always a joke.
Congrats on your winnings. You have to bet with caution though.

Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid can suka suka masok only 2 goals even on home ground. Of course you also have to look at the teams they are facing. :biggrin:

D

Dodomeki

Gerrard takes blame for Wigan draw

Gerrard takes blame for Wigan draw

12 November 2010

12427167650.jpg

Liverpool´s English midfielder Steven Gerrard reacts after missing a chance during their English Premier League football match against Wigan Athletic on November 10. Gerrard has insisted he was responsible for the goal that allowed Wigan to equalise in their 1-1 draw.

LIVERPOOL, England (AFP) - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has insisted he was responsible for the goal that allowed Wigan to equalise in their 1-1 Premier League draw at the DW Stadium on Wednesday.

The England midfielder, who throughout his Anfield career has repeatedly rescued the team from the brink of defeat, gave the ball away prior to Colombia international Hugo Rodallega's equaliser early in the second half.

Rodallega's goal cancelled out Fernando Torres's seventh-minute opener for the visitors. Gerrard might still have won the match for the Reds late on but his shot came back off the crossbar with Wigan goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi beaten.

"I tried to play a one-two that, if it had come off, could have been a good move," Gerrard told Thursday's edition of the Liverpool Echo about the build-up to Rodallega's leveller.
"You don't expect it to lead to a goal but, when it does, you have to take responsibility," he added.

"Then, when I went through on goal, I maybe struck my shot too well but I should have scored -- I expected to. As we haven't taken maximum points, maybe people should point a finger at me."

Gerrard said the strain of beating league leaders Chelsea in their previous fixture could have caught up with Liverpool against Wigan. "Maybe our performance suffered after the energy and intensity we put into beating Chelsea," he said.

"You can often find that happening after you play a game 72 hours after a big fixture." But, with Liverpool now four games unbeaten after a dreadful start and in ninth place, Gerrard was in confident mood ahead of Saturday's match against Stoke City.

"After a fantastic win over Chelsea and having gone 1-0 up, of course we understand why people will be slightly disappointed. "But we have kept our unbeaten run going, Fernando has got another goal and there are other positives. I'm happy with my form.

"It's going to be tough at Stoke but we will have to stand up and fight, stick together and if we get a win, that would be a superb result. We will be ready for it."

jw5

Loyal
Re: Gerrard takes blame for Wigan draw

The last person who should be blaming himself for Liverpool's problems is Steven Gerrard.
If not for him, Liverpool could very well be bottom of the BPL and out of the europa league by now.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Gerrard takes blame for Wigan draw

The last person who should be blaming himself for Liverpool's problems is Steven Gerrard.
If not for him, Liverpool could very well be bottom of the BPL and out of the europa league by now.
Actually if I'm a Liverpool fans, I would want him to leave, he's a double edge sword, if he's good, Liverpool will win, if he's no good or he's not playing, Liverpool will probably lose. What are the odds that he will be in form in every game? not even 50%, Liverpool is too over reliant on him.

After last night defeat at Stoke, it will be a miracle if Hodgson can stay till end of this month.

Liverpool needs a new team, the only player Liverpool should keep is Reina and maybe kuyt, the rest can go, yes, that include Torres :p:p

D

Dodomeki

Steven Gerrard out for up to four weeks with 'significant' hamstring injury, according to Liverpool medics

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard could be out for three to four weeks with the hamstring problem sustained on England duty, according to the club's medical team.

gerrard_epa_1765439b.jpg

Bitter blow: Liverpool have confirmed that Steven gerrard sustained a significant hamstring injury that will rule him out for up to a month
Photo: EPA

2:55PM GMT 18 Nov 2010

Gerrard will undergo a scan later today but Dr Peter Brukner, head of the club's sports medicine department, confirmed the midfielder's injury was "significant". "Steven injured his hamstring last night. He's just been in for an early assessment here and it certainly looks like a significant hamstring injury," said Brukner.

"We should have the results of the scan tonight. He's going to be out for a little while, I'm afraid. I'd imagine it could be three to four weeks." Gerrard was expected to play for an hour in last night's 2-1 defeat to France in a friendly at Wembley but was kept on longer because of injuries to other players.

However, with five minutes to go he too was forced off after damaging his hamstring. It provoked an angry response from Liverpool's head of fitness and conditioning Darren Burgess, who made his feelings clear on social networking site Twitter last night before quickly deleting his comments. "Unbelievable from all associated with England and English FA with regard to Steven Gerrard's injury. Completely ignored agreement and past history," he said.

"Completely amateurish and now we pay for their incompetence. Absolutely disgraceful." However, Brukner took a more reasoned approach, accepting that Liverpool could not dictate to England coach Fabio Capello how long Gerrard should have stayed on. "If you put your hand up to play for your country, you've got to accept how long they want you to play for," he added.

"There were obviously circumstances last night which came together to result in Steven playing for a bit longer than we'd hoped, which is disappointing but there's nothing we can do about that now. "We'll move on and work as hard as we can to get him back playing for Liverpool as soon as possible."

D

Dodomeki

FA to pay Liverpool £500,000 in compensation for Steven Gerrard injury suffered on England duty

The Football Association have confirmed their insurers will pay compensation to Liverpool for Steven Gerrard's hamstring injury.

gerrardepa_1766203b.jpg

Out of action: Steven Gerrard will be sidelined for up to four weeks after suffering injury on England duty

By Telegraph staff 12:01PM GMT 19 Nov 2010

Estimates say Liverpool will pocket £500,000 after their captain got injured in England's friendly defeat to France at Wembley on Wednesday. The 30 year-old has been ruled out for a month, which could have a significant effect on his side's season after a recent revival came to an end at Stoke last Saturday.

The FA have been anxious to point out the cash will not come directly from them but an insurance scheme that has been set up, which has already paid out to Arsenal and Tottenham for injuries sustained by Theo Walcott and Jermain Defoe on international duty this season. In a statement, the FA said: "The FA have in place comprehensive insurance to cover injuries sustained to players on international duty.

"The FA is one of a small number of countries that has a voluntary insurance scheme to cover players wages should they suffer injury on international duty. "Liverpool do not need to pursue us for compensation as our insurers will cover the wages for Liverpool as this was clearly a legitimate injury."

Michael Owen was the subject of one of the more expensive claims when he was injured on World Cup duty in 2006.
The FA are one of the few national associations who run such an insurance scheme. Wednesday night's opponents France do not for instance, whilst many smaller nations simply could not afford the premiums to cover their star players.

D

Dodomeki

Spearing latest blow for Liverpool

Spearing latest blow for Liverpool

20 November 2010

12427173800.jpg

Liverpool's injury woes have deepened with dynamic young midfielder Jay Spearing suffering a broken ankle in training.

Liverpool's injury woes have deepened with dynamic young midfielder Jay Spearing suffering a broken ankle in training. Spearing, one of Reds boss Roy Hodgson's brightest youth prospects, is facing a six-week lay-off after turning his ankle late in Friday's training session.

The news is a further headache for Hodgson, who already has to contend with the month-long absence of captain Steven Gerrard who injured his hamstring while on national duty. But the blow is even bitterer for Spearing, who was being considered to replace Gerrard for West Ham United's visit to Anfield in Saturday's late game.

"Unfortunately right at the end of the training session, which was five-a-side and not at all a competitive game, he turned his ankle and cracked a small bone just above the ankle in his fibia," Hodgson said. "It is a terrible blow for Jay and us. He has been doing ever so well and getting closer and closer to a place in the first team. I was considering using him in this game, possibly even starting him."

Meanwhile, Hodgson continued to put on a brave face after Gerrard went down in the 85th minute of England's 2-1 loss to France on Wednesday, despite Three Lions boss Fabio Capello agreeing not to use the Reds captain for more than 60 minutes. "When you lose a player of Steven's undoubted ability, anything you are going to say other than it will be a huge blow would be a waste of breath," Hodgson said.

"I hope that we will survive it. I hope that we will play without him and I hope that other players will step up to the plate and do even more than they have been able to do so far." "But there is no doubt we are going to miss him in the games to come. I don't want to prolong the debate but I am disappointed, a little bit frustrated and angry about the situation."

"My interest in Steven Gerrard is what he does for Liverpool Football Club. I respect and accept he is a top class international player. He is needed for England as well." "But I can't think altruistically in this situation. We shall miss him. We would have had a much better chance of beating West Ham with him."

"That doesn't mean to say I don't believe the players who I am going to play instead are not good enough. But the task is made harder by his absence." "We are not the only team in this position. I am not whining or crying about it. I accept that life goes on but will life be as good without him? I can only say no - it won't."

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bet LIVERPOOL to win West Ham by a small margin 2-1
because of Stevie G injury, but Liverpool 3 West Ham 0
also Arsenal to Draw Tottenham 2-2, Final score 2-3.
EPL top teams are more difficult to predict,
SPL is easier, ;p.
First time i got both Real Madrid and Barcelona games correct.
But the total goals one goal less and one goal more..
2dlnhwm.jpg

110kg75.jpg

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool consider selling Daniel Pachecho, Ryan Babel and Milan Jovanovic

A number of Liverpool’s fringe players - including Daniel Pacheco, Ryan Babel and Milan Jovanovic - may be allowed to leave in January as the club’s owners, New England Sports Ventures, look to trim the bloated wage bill.

ryan-babel_1770176c.jpg

Hodgson's choice: Ryan Babel could be offloaded by Liverpool in January

By Rory Smith 7:10AM GMT 26 Nov 2010

NESV have made it clear that they will seek to use the forthcoming transfer window to bolster Roy Hodgson’s resources if they believe they can identify value-for-money purchases, but they do not intend to allow what the Liverpool manager has suggested is an “overstaffed” playing squad to become any more unwieldy.

That is likely to lead to the departure of several squad players, with Pacheco, the highly-rated Spanish under-21 international, increasingly likely to become the first to depart. A number of clubs in the 19 year-old’s homeland, including Espanyol and Malaga, are believed to be considering offering the player the first-team football he has been denied at Anfield.

Pacheco has not featured for Hodgson’s side since his inclusion in the team which endured the humiliating Carling Cup exit to League Two Northampton in September, and judging by the manager’s assessment of his predicament, an end to that exclusion is far from imminent.

“He has had moments when he has looked good, and other when not quite so,” said Hodgson. “When will he get a chance again? Probably in one of these games in Europe and who knows, maybe he will burst back on to the scene, but it is very difficult to do that in a reserve game.”

Though the sale of Pacheco would hardly offer NESV a significant saving on Liverpool’s wage bill, the potential departures of Jovanovic - signed on a free transfer in the summer but, after failing to settle, now a target for Anderlecht - and Babel would free up a substantial sum to be reinvested.

Babel, signed for £11.5 million by Rafael Benitez in 2007, has not lived up to the promise of his early showings for the club and yesterday suggested he had been frustrated in his attempts to improve his form by undertaking extra training sessions by Hodgson’s predecessor.

“I wasn’t allowed to train extra under our former manager, even when I wasn’t involved,” the winger said on his Twitter site. “I begged lots of times but it was simply not allowed. If I wanted to do some extra training which I asked for every single day, I didn’t have permission. It was confusing of course because you want to get better.”

Daniel Agger’s future is also in question thanks to his failure to secure a regular place under Hodgson, even before the calf injury which Liverpool’s Head of Sports Medicine Dr Peter Brukner revealed will rule the Dane out for another three weeks. “It has taken a lot longer than you would expect because of some calcification in the blood clot [he sustained after] a kick on the calf a month ago,” said Brukner. “Daniel has probably got another three weeks before he is back playing.”

D

Dodomeki

Carragher out for three months

Carragher out for three months

30 November 2010

12427182530.jpg

Liverpool's hopes of resurgence have taken a jolt after news of a three-month layoff for defender Jamie Carragher.

Liverpool's hopes of resurgence have taken a jolt after news of a three-month layoff for defender Jamie Carragher. The 32-year-old centre-back dislocated his shoulder in the Reds' 2-1 loss to Tottenham at White Hart Lane on Sunday and will undergo surgery on Friday.

Carragher said it was frustrating to pick up such a serious injury during a period where Liverpool had begun to re-build after a slow start to the season. "I'll be having surgery at the end of the week," Carragher told the club's website.

"The average is about 12 weeks. I'd like to come back before that but I've got to make sure it's right." "It will probably be late February or early March when I'm looking to come back." "It's difficult for me when I'm injured. It hasn't happened very often, and I'm very lucky with that I suppose, but maybe it's caught up with me a little bit now."

Carragher said his long spell on the sidelines could prove a motivating factor later in the season against weary opponents. "I've been here before with a broken leg which put me out this length of time," he said. "It's not easy but you've got to get on with it, and it makes you more determined to get back."

"I'm sure towards the end of the season when people are maybe feeling a little bit tired I'll be raring to go." Carragher joins injured Reds captain Steven Gerrard on the sidelines, while Joe Cole is expected to make his return from a hamstring injury against Aston Villa at Anfield on Monday.

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool 3 Aston Villa 0: match report

Liverpool 3 Aston Villa 0 : match report

<table class="resultDetails"><tbody><tr class="goalsAndAttendance"><td class="homeGoals"> Babel (16)
Maxi Rodríguez (55)
</td> <td class="halfTimeAndAttendance">
</td> <td class="awayGoals">
</td> </tr></tbody></table>Ngog (14)

David_Ngog_1779435c.jpg

First strike: David Ngog celebrates after heading Liverpool into the lead at Anfield on Monday Photo: AP

By Henry Winter 9:40PM GMT 06 Dec 2010 Henry's Twitter

Gérard Houllier touched the “This Is Anfield” sign before kick-off and was accorded a warm reception but this was a chastening trip back to his old home, his spirit dropping with the temperatures. Houllier enjoyed You’ll Never Walk Alone, noted a friendly name-checking banner on the Kop but left empty-handed, almost embarrassed.

His Aston Villa side were easily brushed aside by Liverpool, who rose to eighth in the Premier League with goals from David Ngog, Ryan Babel and Maxi Rodríguez. The gulf in class and belief between Liverpool and Villa should really alarm the visitors.

To the delight of freezing Liverpool fans, good performances could be found all over the chilled pitch. Raul Meireles and Lucas dovetailed well in the centre, utterly dominating Villa’s midfielders. Ngog and Babel were lively upfront, taking their goals well and also tracking back to help on the rare occasions when required.

At right-back, Glen Johnson executed his few defensive duties well and attacked menacingly on occasions. To celebrate being the quickest Liverpool keeper to reach 100 league clean sheets, Pepe Reina sang a Gipsy Kings number in the dressing room afterwards. Spanish Stroll by Mink DeVille might have been more appropriate. The Madrileno was troubled only once, making a sharp save from Gabby Agbonlahor.

Agbonlahor ran hard but was isolated. Stephen Ireland, deployed in the hold, gave him precious little support. The only visitors to emerge with any credit were Villa’s terrific fans, who responded to the supine offering of their players with a series of songs like “let’s pretend we’ve scored a goal”, “it’s just like watching Brazil” and “we’re going to win the League”, all of which possibilities looked highly unlikely.

When Villa pieced together a rare passing move, their supporters greeted every touch with wild chants of “olé”.
Already missing Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, Liverpool were also without Fernando Torres, whose wife was heavily pregnant, yet the strikers certainly delivered, Ngog and Babel both finding the mark within 15 minutes.

Babel, relishing his chance to show his abilities through the middle, was drafted in alongside Ngog as Roy Hodgson continued with a 4-4-2 system. Dirk Kuyt kept breaking inside from the right, supporting the front line and even going close with an early volley. On the coldest of evenings, with the temperature plummeting from a kick-off minus four degrees, Kuyt then pressured Villa’s defence into conceding a corner and Liverpool took full advantage from a classic set-piece ploy.

Meireles lifted the ball over, Martin Skrtel nodded back and there was the diving Ngog, flying through the air, to head the ball past Brad Friedel, another Anfield alumni making a painful return to this famous footballing theatre. One quickly became two. Liverpool were lively enough, brimming with energy and movement, but Villa were so poor, so hesitant. Lucas was working well alongside Meireles, two men against the boys of Villa.

When Ciaran Clark lost the ball, Lucas lifted the ball down the inside-right channel for Babel to chase. The Dutchman was just offside but the flag stayed down. Villa screamed for offside, pausing fatefully. Babel eluded Stephen Warnock, another visitor enduring an awkward journey down memory lane. Babel still had much to do. As the ball bounced up, Babel thumped it superbly from right to left past Friedel.

Two goals to the good, Liverpool then seemed to pause for breath, allowing Villa to dream of an improbable comeback. Given some time in possession, Houllier’s players began pushing on. Marc Albrighton and Stewart Downing, who switched flanks on occasion, started running at Paul Konchesky and Johnson, who held firm.

Such was the excellence of one Johnson interception that Reina, captain for the evening, ran from his line to salute a right-back not always noted for his defensive work. Villa’s youngsters toiled hard. Agbonlahor led the line but got little change from Skrtel or Sotirios Kyrgiakos. One Skrtel challenge on Agbonlahor was a masterpiece of timing, the defender nipping in to nick the ball. When Agbonlahor targeted an incoming aerial ball, Skrtel again was master of the situation.

Frustration began to seep into Villa’s movements, seen nastily with a lunge by Clark on Lucas, bringing a fifth caution of the season and a one-game ban for the young midfielder. Villa were losing the ball as well as their composure; Liverpool kept being gifted possession and it was a surprise the scoreboard showed only 2-0 to Liverpool at the half-time interval.

A third duly arrived. Reina was the catalyst, launching the ball through the midfield, totally catching Villa out. As the Kop stood in anticipation over the blur of movement hurtling towards them, Maxi and Ngog executed a superb one-two. As Ngog raced down the left, Maxi kept charging through the middle.

The Frenchman’s cutback was perfection, judged expertly for the Argentine, who opened up his body and side-footed the ball at pace past poor Friedel. There will surely be a run on Maxi’s Liverpool red snood in the Anfield club shop on Tuesday. Liverpool were so in control that Hodgson could have declared. Houllier sought to influence events at a ground he knows so well, sending on Robert Pires and John Carew. As rescue teams go, it was hardly on the youthful, mobile side. Houllier has plenty of work to do with Villa.

D

Dodomeki

Houllier sorry for Liverpool conduct

Houllier sorry for Liverpool conduct

11 December 2010

12427191860.jpg

Gerard Houllier, pictured in November 2010, has apologised to Aston Villa´s fans after triggering outrage with his behavior at former club Liverpool earlier this week.

BIRMINGHAM, United Kingdom (AFP) - Gerard Houllier has apologised to Aston Villa's fans after triggering outrage with his behavior at former club Liverpool earlier this week.

Houllier sparked uproar following Villa's 3-0 loss to the Reds at Anfield on Monday after remarking that "if I was going to lose 3-0 to anyone, it would be Liverpool as I like Liverpool".

The comments were seized upon by Houllier's critics as evidence that the Frenchman, who managed Liverpool between 1998 and 2004, was not fully committed to his new assignment at Villa.

Houllier also angered Villa's supporters by touching the iconic "This Is Anfield" sign above the tunnel en route to the pitch and appearing to ignore the travelling fans at the final whistle whilst waving to Liverpool's fans.

However Houllier moved to dampen down the controversy on Friday ahead of Villa's midlands derby with West Bromwich Albion. "If the fans think (what I did) was to hurt them, then I am sorry because this was not the case," Houllier said.

"It was just done in a humorous way and I am hurting as much they are. I was probably more hurt because it was Liverpool. "If it adds to the fans' dissatisfaction, they have to know this was not the case at all (to upset them). This was done in a sort of a humorous way. "I am sorry. That's it. That's enough."

Houllier said he had touched the "This is Anfield" sign because of its personal significance to him when he suffered a near-fatal heart scare at the ground in 2001. "There was also a story that I touched the tunnel. I've done it for six years because that is under the tunnel where I was sick and it meant something," Houllier explained.

"Had we won 3-0, no one would have talked about that. No one would say anything about that," he said. "I'm hurting as much as the fans are. If you think that the fans have been hurt by what I said, yes I am sorry."

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you Bro Dodomeki for keeping us up to date with match reports of Pool's BPL games.....

I have not logged in in months and am most gratified to see Bro Bambi & others, all continuing to stand by our beloved Liverpool, come hell or high waters .....

Truly in the Spirit of 'You Never Walk Alone'......:cool:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
all continuing to stand by our beloved Liverpool, come hell or high waters .....

Truly in the Spirit of 'You Never Walk Alone'......:cool:

Elephant man,
if you rub your face hard enough,
Maybe you will wake up to reality
your beloved club won't even qualify for
the Europa League next season.:eek:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aav46Lek0Rs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aav46Lek0Rs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool v FC Utrecht: Roy Hodgson says more cash is best way to help struggling Anfield club

Roy Hodgson on Tuesday agreed with Liverpool’s owners that the club’s performances this season have been unacceptable but insisted no replacement would be able to do any better without a major injection of money.

By Rory Smith 11:00PM GMT 14 Dec 2010

Proof that Hodgson is conscious of the need to improve Liverpool’s campaign — as spelt out by John W Henry and Tom Werner during a phone-in on the club’s official television channel — comes in his decision to include Fernando Torres for Wednesday night’s Europa League dead rubber against Dutch side Utrecht.

Though it marks a substantial shift from his policy of resting his biggest stars in Europe’s secondary competition, Hodgson is well aware both that the striker requires game time to boost his confidence and that his team need a victory to lift morale.

“Fernando wants to play and it would be good for him to play alongside Ryan Babel for at least part of the game,” he said. “I am hoping he will have a good game that will improve his confidence. I have told him that we believe he is a very fine player, one of the best in Europe, and the fact that he has not played at his level over the past couple of months does not change that.

“There is also an element that we did not have the best of games on Saturday at Newcastle. Here is an opportunity at home to get ourselves back on track and make sure that, come [the visit of Fulham on] Saturday we are fully firing.” Hodgson’s determination not to waste that opportunity proves that the warning from on high that immediate improvement was required has been heeded.

Though the 63 year-old understands the complaints of those fans who called for Henry and Werner to demand his dismissal — “if I was on the phone, I’d have said the same thing” — he is adamant he does not harbour “any fears, worries or concerns” over his job. That confidence, he says, is down to Fenway Sports Group’s common-sense approach as much as his own belief that relieving him of his duties would have little or no impact on results.

“[Dismissal] happened to Chris Hughton and Sam Allardyce,” he said. “We are all in that situation. But I will not go down that road because unless there is a major influx of players, whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.

“I cannot do more than I am doing, I cannot work harder, I cannot work better. The owners have made it clear they are going to be patient. They realise we cannot turn things around overnight and they realise the team I am working with is not the team I put together.

“I did not come here to be mid-table. I came here to be in the top four, in the Champions League and winning things. I am hoping they will help me, especially in terms of recruitment, get the team in the top four.”

Liverpool (probable, 4-4-2): Reina; Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Aurelio; Cole, Shelvey, Poulsen, Jovanovic; Babel, Torres.

Utrecht (probable, 4-5-1): Vorm; Cornelisse, Schut, Wuytens, Nesu; Duplan, Silberbauer, Nijholt, Maguire, Mertens; van Wolfswinkel.

D

Dodomeki

Bet LIVERPOOL to win West Ham by a small margin 2-1
because of Stevie G injury, but Liverpool 3 West Ham 0
also Arsenal to Draw Tottenham 2-2, Final score 2-3.
Bro a reminder to you. Please do not post oversized winning tickets. If you want to do it, resize to make smaller to fit the page nicely. That way it's easier for readers to view articles rather than we have to scroll our cursor from left to right. Don't ask me how to do it, i won't tell you. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dodomeki

Liverpool seek Fulham Premiership fillip

Liverpool seek Fulham Premiership fillip

18 December 2010

12427198690.jpg

Newcastle United´s Joey Barton (left) vies with Liverpool´s Maxi Rodriguez during their English Premier League match at St James´ Park, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, north-east England, on December 11. Liverpool may be faltering on all fronts at the moment, but a Premier League game against Fulham at Anfield on Saturday provides them with the opportunity to prove their critics wrong.

LIVERPOOL (AFP) - Liverpool may be faltering on all fronts at the moment, but a Premier League game against Fulham at Anfield on Saturday provides them with the opportunity to prove their critics wrong.

Roy Hodgson welcomes his former club to Merseyside with both clubs in dire straits for different reasons and with the Liverpool manager's position looking increasingly precarious.

Liverpool were appalling in their goalless draw with FC Utrecht in the Europa League on Wednesday and were no better last weekend, when they lost 3-1 to Newcastle United at St James' Park.

Yet despite their current wobble, left-back Fabio Aurelio maintains the Christmas period can be a fruitful time for Liverpool, four points in front of a Fulham side flirting with the relegation zone.

"It is very important we get a good result on Saturday, especially because we are playing at home," he said. "Hopefully, we can start a run of great results and the team can get some wins together.

"We know Fulham are a tough team and we respect them, but we have to show them we are Liverpool, we are playing at home and need the three points. "We need to win every game we play at home in the Barclays Premier League but we also need to start getting some good results away from home."

Fulham have failed to score in five of their last six league games against Liverpool and failed to score in seven of their most recent nine league visits to Anfield, including the last four.

They have also not won in 26 consecutive Premier League away games. Those statistics underline how grave their current predicament is but Fulham boss Mark Hughes is convinced they can turn the corner.

Chris Hughton and Sam Allardyce's respective sackings by Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers in recent weeks prove that no Premier League manager is safe, but Hughes maintains that he is not overly concerned about being shown the door.

"It's a case of being at a club that understands where we're at at this moment in time and our problems of selection in key personnel," Hughes said. "I got sacked (at Manchester City) when I (the club) was sixth (in the table). The logic of football sackings seems to have gone out of the game of late and it doesn't show any signs of changing.

"Anybody in a football club could come under pressure irrespective of how well they seem to be performing," the former Wales and Blackburn boss added. Fulham have drawn 10 times this season -- more than any other side in the league -- and captain Danny Murphy accepts those one-point results have to start turning into three points if Fulham are to avoid relegation.

"We're very frustrated and it's becoming a familiar story," he said. "People talk about not having the rub of the green, and that's how it feels at the moment," the former Liverpool midfielder explained. "But at the end of the day, it's scoring goals that wins you matches and we haven't been doing that enough. Let's be honest, we've drawn too many."

Liverpool will be without Jamie Carragher (shoulder), Steven Gerrard (hamstring), Daniel Agger (calf) and Jay Spearing (ankle) for this encounter, while Fulham are also missing four players.

Philippe Senderos (shin) and Bobby Zamora (broken leg) are out until February while Frederik Stoor (groin strain) and Moussa Dembele (ankle) are also highly doubtful.