• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 10/11

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
senior! i am a liverppol fan since 1980s. gone through the kickout of europe and hillsborough disaster.

fave player is ian rush. hate mickey owen.

Glad to hear !
Me is 70s, starting wif keegan then dalglish, Alan & Ray kennedy, then rush, mcmahon, to fowler, mcmanaman ( tat one that leave on a free to r Madrid & won CL), Owen, Stevie g, carra .... No more

Fav is fowler ! Too bad fucking houllier not big enough to forge fowler & Owen into a partnership that works....

Cheers !

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Michael Owen was the only Liverpool player ever to win Euro Player of the Year. Kevin Keegan won it twice, but when with Hamburg, not Liverpool.

Liverpool's league season is now done after a quarter gone. Nothing left to fight for, just avoid relegation and regroup. The best recovery ever recorded by Liverpool (or any club for matter) from October to next May was from 12th to 1st in 1982/3. Liverpool is 19th now. Any optimistic forecast to better that record?

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Wayne Piew, grow up & tell Wayne Rooney to fuck off, his talent is no substitute for his dumbfuck brian totally influenced by rogue agent Paul Stretford.

Wayne, u still there ?

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/86W5lqR7v9c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/86W5lqR7v9c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool top players will not be sold

Liverpool top players will not be sold

AP
Published Oct 29 2010

johnthumb.jpg

Liverpool owner John Henry says the relegation-threatened club's top players will not be sold. Fernando Torres is constantly linked with a departure from Anfield, while goalkeeper Pepe Reina has also been reported to be a transfer target of Manchester United. But Henry, whose New England Sports Ventures bought Liverpool earlier this month, insists that "we intend to build on the strength of the current squad, not undermine it." Liverpool was bought from Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. with the team struggling after its worst start to a season in more than 50 years. Henry says that "stories about our top players leaving are destructive and unwarranted, but we realize that this kind of speculation is also common." - AP

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Sunday Times soccer feature yesterday.

It was a side-by-side case for or against the change of managers for Liverpool ... i.e. should Roy Hodgson be replaced ....

Totally agreed with the veteran Brit writer Hugh .... it is all things considered too premature to do that & more harm then good would be the consequence..

Now that sorry Liverpool has somehow put togather 2 back-to-back victories & secure their 1st away win of the season,let's go up from now on !
:cool::cool::cool:

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole out for two weeks with hamstring injury

Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole out for two weeks with hamstring injury

Joe Cole will be out of action for two weeks following the hamstring injury he sustained in Liverpool's 1-0 win over Bolton on Sunday.

Published: 12:56PM GMT 02 Nov 2010

joe-cole_1751933c.jpg

Sidelined: Joe Cole is expected to recover quickly
Photo: PA

The England midfielder was assessed by the Melwood medical staff and the results of the scan have indicated he will face a brief spell on the sidelines. Dr Peter Brukner, Liverpool's head of sports medicine and sports science, said: "The scan confirmed Joe has sustained a hamstring strain. It is not a serious injury but still means he is likely to be out for two weeks."

That means Cole will miss out on facing his old club Chelsea at Anfield on Sunday. Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has backed Cole to make a quick return from his injury and recapture the form that saw him become one of the hottest properties in Europe. "There have been flashes of quality - notably the ball he produced for (Fernando) Torres in the win over Blackburn," said Hodgson.

"I think Joe has done well in that he is so committed, he works his socks off and he wants to do well here.
"He is a quality player. But we haven't seen the best of him. "Absolutely not. There is more to come from him and he knows that."

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that sorry Liverpool has somehow put togather 2 back-to-back victories & secure their 1st away win of the season,let's go up from now on !
:cool::cool::cool:

I like to quote my fav spanish waiter,
"Elephant man is talking about things that he doesn't know,
and some people like Elephant man,
cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar.":p:biggrin::wink:

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool owe a debt of gratitude to Steven Gerrard, says Roy Hodgson

Liverpool owe a debt of gratitude to Steven Gerrard, says Roy Hodgson

Roy Hodgson believes everyone at Liverpool - not least himself - owes Steven Gerrard a debt of gratitude after the England international’s 14-minute hat-trick averted a morale-sapping defeat at home to Napoli in front of new owner John W Henry and director of football Damien Comolli.

Published: 7:00AM GMT 05 Nov 2010
By Rory Smith

Gerrard emerged as a second-half substitute with Liverpool trailing to a strike from the Argentine international Ezequiel Lavezzi but produced the fourth treble of his career - bundling home after a mistake by Andrea Dossena, coolly converting a penalty after a foul on Glen Johnson and brilliantly chipping home his third - to leave the Premier League side needing just a point to qualify for the knockout rounds of the Europa League.

Though Hodgson admitted in an ideal world he would not have needed to call on his captain to rescue the game, he was effusive in his praise of a performance which he believed encapsulates everything which makes Gerrard Liverpool’s spiritual leader. “It was a real leader’s performance,” said Hodgson. “In the second half his entry on to the field was a catalyst. It galvanised the crowd and the team and I thought the way he scored the first goal epitomised the energy and the spirit the team showed in the second half.

“That goal was not pretty, but we had missed plenty of chances after pretty play. It was a captain’s goal, the goal of a guy who wanted to get his team back into the game and who was determined, even at the risk of injury, to get the ball into the goal. “That is appreciated by me, all of the staff here and by the incredible crowd we had. We owe a big debt of gratitude to him but he would be the first to join me and say it was a good team performance in the second half. We deserved to win the game.”

Though Hodgson suggested it would be harsh to suggest it was the first time he had seen the best of Gerrard since taking charge at Anfield, the player’s insistence that the club are still very much a work in progress could, in truth, apply to his form this campaign too. “Every game is a battle at the moment,” Gerrard said of his team’s form. “It started in Naples with a good defensive display and we have built from that with back-to-back league wins and now coming from behind to win. But there is still a long way to go and we know we can play better. It is a building process with a new manager, a lot of new faces and new ideas. It will take time, but we are getting close to where we want to be.”

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool lack squad-depth: Henry

Liverpool lack squad-depth: Henry

6 November 2010

12214910330.jpg

Liverpool owner John W Henry believes the squad's lack of depth and emerging talent as the club's main issues.

(GSM) - Liverpool owner John W Henry believes the squad's lack of depth and emerging talent as the club's main issues. Henry believes the appointment of former Tottenham Hotspur director of football Damien Comolli earlier this week will help with the club in fulfilling its long-term project.

"We're not deep enough. We don't have enough youth," he told Sky Sports News. "If you look at Manchester United and Arsenal they have depth. "They have relative young teams and that's something that he (Comolli) can help us with." Some believe the addition of Comolli could undermine manager Roy Hodgson's authority but Henry insists Hodgson wanted the position to be filled.

Asked whether Hodgson is unhappy with the appointment of Comolli, Henry replied: "No, not at all. "When I first met with Roy it was really clear that he wanted someone in that position, so I really didn't talk that much with Roy over the week or so before we made the decision to bring Damien in.

"So I think he may have been surprised when I brought it up, but he's fully supportive. He knows Damien. I think the model really requires people of certain personalities for it to work and Roy and Damien are two personalities that will mesh well together. "It will be a group decision. You build consensus. I think it's a very good model, but though each will be in charge of their own areas.

"We're still building a team. We're in the middle of building that. We may make some mistakes early on, but we're going to try and avoid that and we're studying every day." Henry, who took over after the debt-stricken era of Tom Hicks and George Gillett, wants the rebuilding process to include a new stadium. "We really have to invest in the club. We need more depth. We need to build the squad," he continued.

"We need stadium changes, whether we build a new ground in Stanley Park or we rebuild and refurbish Anfield. If you build a stadium there's debt involved in that. Even Arsenal had to borrow to build Emirates. You cannot sustain a club in the long term to buy players. "You're really limited to what your revenues are. That means we have to create revenues worldwide. We have to generate revenues and that's what we're really good at.

"When we went to Boston we spent three years trying to figure out whether to build a new stadium or refurbish the new one. "We need to move faster. Hopefully within a year, but I don't want to set a hard-fast timeline when we'll make that decision. If you're going to build a new ground that takes time."

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Final score Liverpool 2 Chelsea 0
2-0 @ $18, not bad,
Got it right for Liverpool beat Napoli 3-1
@ only $11.
Watched that game also, Napoli leading 1-0 at half time
then on came Stevie G, at first he had a few shots at goal,
i thought his shot are woeful lately, so his first few shots
was miles away from target, don't looklike
Liverpool can win the match, but he came up with a
hat-trick against Napoli.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like to quote my fav spanish waiter,
"Elephant man is talking about things that he doesn't know,
and some people like Elephant man,
cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar.":p:biggrin::wink:

After the 3-1 win over Napoli & now,
2-0 win over League Leader Chelsea, suddenly league no 2 Man U's looney Wayne Piew's deafening quiet reminds us of the silence of the lambs.....

I would also quote my Ba-chor mee uncle's favourite remark: sometimes those who talk too much will kenna 'CHWEE TAT LAN' !!!

Ah Piew, I suggest u stick to applauding your tem in your MU thread.

If you do visit here, show some fucking decent respect.

Did you Pool fans vomiting in the MU thread ?

Aw shucks, Never mind, Piew ..... a dog will always eat shit... that explains that stinking offal whenever the dog opens his mouth :cool:

D

Dodomeki

Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti praises Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina after defeat to Liverpool

Carlo Ancelotti remained upbeat despite his side's second defeat of the season against Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

ancelotti__ai_1755899c.jpg

'Very difficult': Carlo Ancelotti paid tribute to Liverpool's discipline
Photo: ACTION IMAGES

By Telegraph staff and agencies 8:32AM GMT 08 Nov 2010

The Premier League leaders missed the chance to re-establish their five-point advantage over Manchester United after Fernando Torres scored twice in the 2-0 victory.

Both goals came in the first half and although the introduction of Didier Drogba after the interval, having been put on the bench because he was suffering with a fever, livened up the visitors they found Liverpool in no mood to capitulate.

"Obviously the result is not good but the performance in the second half was really better and I am happy to see my team play like they played in the second half," he said. "I think we had strong pressure in the second half and we deserved to score because we did a fantastic job in their half but we were unlucky not to score.

"(Jose) Reina is a fantastic goalkeeper and he saved some opportunities, defensively all the players played for the team and for this reason they deserved to win." Ancelotti also acknowledged the quality of Torres, a player who was linked with a move to Chelsea in the summer.

"He scored two fantastic goals and he showed he was fit and has come back from not a good moment. He is a fantastic striker," said the Italian, who admitted his side paid for a finely-balanced first half in which Liverpool seized the initiative and then held on.

"We didn't play quick in the first half; we didn't have time to build play from the back and we didn't have the possibility to find space in the opponents' half. "Liverpool defended very well in the first half and counter-attacked, scoring two fantastic goals.

"For us it was very difficult to get back in the game. The second half was better when we played with strong intensity and had opportunities but it was not enough because Liverpool defensively played well for 90 minutes. "To come here and lose can happen but we have to be positive, we played a fantastic game in the second half.

"We are still top of the table. It is impossible to win every game and sometimes you lose but the team showed the same mentality and strength.
"We don't have to react, we have to win the next game."

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he's yet to reach top form despite two-goal

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he's yet to reach top form despite two-goal heroics

Fernando Torres insists he is not yet at his explosive best despite scoring the two goals which gave Liverpool victory against Chelsea and halted Carlo Ancelotti’s side’s apparent march to a second successive Premier League title.

torresact_1755898c.jpg

More to come: Fernando Torres believes his form can get even better despite his match-winning display against Chelsea Photo: ACTION IMAGES

By Rory Smith 7:15AM GMT 08 Nov 2010 Rory's Twitter

Two first-half strikes doubled the Spanish international’s tally in a troubled season but the 26 year-old’s warning that there is more to come will chill the rest of the league.

“Every day I am feeling better and improving every day,” said Torres, who has now scored 44 goals in 47 home games since his move to Anfield. “It has been difficult. It was a tough end of [last] season for me, and so was the World Cup, with lots of injuries. I do not know if I can play my best soon, but I hope I will.

“Being criticised is part of life as a footballer. At a team like Liverpool, everyone watches every game and everything you do is around the world a minute later. I know the expectation and I want to fight hard to get my top form.”

His manager, Roy Hodgson, was equally cautious in his optimism, suggesting that while Torres was certainly at his best against the champions, he could only hope his form would endure. “I am pleased Fernando will get all the plaudits,” said the Liverpool manager. “He has taken his fair share of criticism, some of which has been exaggerated and not deserved, but people will now say he is back to his best. Let’s hope that is the case. It certainly was against Chelsea.

“He is a vital player for Liverpool, as he would be for any club. He wants the club to do well. He wants to see we are moving in the right direction and like myself he can see a positive future here. He likes being at Liverpool and playing for Liverpool. I do not have any fears as far as he is concerned, as long as we can get back close to the top of the table where Liverpool belong.”

That is an aim which Ancelotti, for one, believes is within Hodgson’s grasp, thanks in no small part to a striker he insisted last week he had no interest in signing. “Liverpool have the opportunity to come back into the top of the table, the first four places,” said the Italian. “Torres built two fantastic goals. He’s come back fit from not a good moment. He is a fantastic striker.”

D

Dodomeki

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he's yet to reach top form despite two-goal heroics

Fernando Torres insists he is not yet at his explosive best despite scoring the two goals which gave Liverpool victory against Chelsea and halted Carlo Ancelotti’s side’s apparent march to a second successive Premier League title.

mlkqyw.jpg