• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinaman Talking Loudly

jw5

Loyal
There was recently an article in the newspapers about foreigners living in SG. The foreigners gave their comments about how their lives were like in SG and how they got along with Singaporeans.
One guy from China commented that he has realized that people here don't like to hear others talking loudly on the phone in public buses.
I was rather amused by this comment. Is this something that he only realized? Or does he actually realize why people don't like to hear others shouting into a phone in a public place?
Perhaps the other person also wants to have a conversation on the phone or with his travelling companion. Perhaps he wants some peace and quiet after a hard day. Perhaps he is reading a book or thinking about something. Perhaps people don't like to hear others shouting simply because it is inconsiderate and disrespectful to do so in a public place.
Does the China guy realize this? Or only that people don't like to hear him shouting?
For that matter, I am doubtful that most Singaporean adults and their children realize this as well.
Perhaps I am just cynical. :smile:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
chinaman talk loudly as they come from factory enviroment and need to shout to be heard above the machines noise.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the China guy realize this? Or only that people don't like to hear him shouting?
For that matter, I am doubtful that most Singaporean adults and their children realize this as well.
Perhaps I am just cynical. :smile:

don't be cynical, you need to travel more often, especially to China, then you will realized why they do that.

jw5

Loyal
don't be cynical, you need to travel more often, especially to China, then you will realized why they do that.
I used to live in China my friend. :smile:
I know why they do this, they are used to it and they can't hear each other because of the noise.
But the bottom line is that inconsideration and disrespect for others is due to bad upbringing. Doesn't matter whether the person is from China or Singapore.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know why they do this, they are used to it and they can't hear each other because of the noise.
But the bottom line is that inconsideration and disrespect for others is due to bad upbringing. Doesn't matter whether the person is from China or Singapore.

what about kelings? they also talk loud loud on their HP.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

IN bangkok, sinkies also talk very loudly as though they are millionaires once their feet touch the thailand ground.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

then why do you ask the question you already known the answer? lol...

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
IN bangkok, sinkies also talk very loudly as though they are millionaires once their feet touch the thailand ground.

Just take a good look at yourself. The large and multi-colored font signatures in all your posts is an example of what jw5 refer to as due to bad upbringing.

You do not only talk loudly. You shout. Now, aren't you even worse than those Singaporeans you refer to, who talk loudly?:wink:

Randee_Candee

Alfrescian
Loyal
U were in CN b4?
In Shanghai? In an MNC starting w the letter F and just came back to join a co. starting with letter I?

Lolz, jus speculating cos u "sound" familiar

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree, they are use to it, use to boast, use to talk loud to show off, always afraid that others cannot hear them.

In cultured society, people respect others around them, and not to disturb others.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most older PRC are talking very loudly maybe is their culture. There happen once when I in China on the express bus. There is one Chinaman in 40+ talking super loud, all the bus passenger also can hear clearly what he say for more than 10min.
And the is another nation that Indian/Bangla.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most older PRC are talking very loudly maybe is their culture. There happen once when I in China on the express bus. There is one Chinaman in 40+ talking super loud, all the bus passenger also can hear clearly what he say for more than 10min.
And the is another nation that Indian/Bangla.

not really, methinks its part of our Chinaman heritage...

bet you neber hear your OC screaming his voice with Chinese vulgarities during your Army days? LOL...

jw5

Loyal
Also applies to Singkies. Lack of respect and inconsideration for others.
I did say that in the first thread.