• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Post What You Have For Re-Union Dinner

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Photo Jan 22, 3 11 46 PM.jpg
Mom's legendary meat ball

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm trying to find a PRC or Viet GF for next CNY. I miss dog meat. Thai GF is good and eat anything but except dog meat, don't know why? :(

The last CNY, my Viet GF in Singapore actually conned an abandoned dog home and cooked it. Super delicious! Went down very well with beer. Cheers!

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Myanmar gf also can in that case. They too eat dog meat.

I'm trying to find a PRC or Viet GF for next CNY. I miss dog meat. Thai GF is good and eat anything but except dog meat, don't know why? :(

The last CNY, my Viet GF in Singapore actually conned an abandoned dog home and cooked it. Super delicious! Went down very well with beer. Cheers!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Myanmar gf also can in that case. They too eat dog meat.

Myanmar and Cambodia are not members of my united nations. No diplomatic or romantic links possible. Vietnam and Laos are members. Thailand and China are of course, my united nations security council permanent members. Places to runroad anytime to without problem if need be. :wink:

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just came back from Reunion Dinner at the Xin Hai Shan Restaurant along Tiong Bahru. The food sux and it's damn expensive. AVOID!!!!!

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Decoration

lion-dance-toy.jpg

I do get to eat reunion dinners BUT I also realise we don't celebrate Chinese New Years like others do. Nothing in red can be seen in our house - no couplets, no fake firecrackers, etc. No worshiping of the god of fortune (we are Christians lah), no decorations, no incense, ...

I do notice that the lion dance displays are getting fewer. New Gen just wanna party ie. X'mas or NY. Our 'ancient' celebration was to set up x'mas tree before every x'mas day. Now, no decoration of any kind. Dono why lay. Maybe, we can't be bothered as they are just another day.

But, I do get to see those decorations in Chinatown - fantastic ! There's always this great New Year atmosphere there. Home is very different, those decorations cannot bring out that feeling. I think its the lighting and the crowd. Maybe, you have to buy many.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: No Decoration

The best CNY firecrackers are at Hatyai and Phuket. Malaysia got some but officially illegal, smuggled and blast once a while at night only, usually at the CNY eve midnight hour. Singapore has totally none since years ago. Total ban. In the good old days when we could get smuggled firecracker rockets, we let go in cinema midnight movies. Those days, we had real big high ceiling cinema halls like Lido and Capitol, high enough for firecracker rockets, not like now mini-hall multiplexes.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Re: No Decoration

haha damned right bro . I was at a midnight movie with my friends at Roxy when someone let go some fire crackers...the big red type.

Was a laugh and a half. That time can still smoke in the cinemas.

. In the good old days when we could get smuggled firecracker rockets, we let go in cinema midnight movies. Those days, we had real big high ceiling cinema halls like Lido and Capitol, high enough for firecracker rockets, not like now mini-hall multiplexes.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK lah, What ever, just want wish everyone here Happy and prosperous New Year. wuat......ah....
Gong xi xin niang.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fire Hazard

The best CNY firecrackers are at Hatyai and Phuket. Malaysia got some but officially illegal, smuggled and blast once a while at night only, usually at the CNY eve midnight hour. Singapore has totally none since years ago. Total ban. In the good old days when we could get smuggled firecracker rockets, we let go in cinema midnight movies. Those days, we had real big high ceiling cinema halls like Lido and Capitol, high enough for firecracker rockets, not like now mini-hall multiplexes.

[video=youtube;aaeXtPbfTJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaeXtPbfTJc&feature=related[/video]

Yeah, must have the three story high firecrackers to break the silence of the night plus lion dances ! Rockets will be great for wooden tanks made with the help of trolleys. Fire hazard and make Civil Defense very busy.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Fire Hazard

Yeah, must have the three story high firecrackers to break the silence of the night plus lion dances ! Rockets will be great for wooden tanks made with the help of trolleys. Fire hazard and make Civil Defense very busy.

lianbeng still remembers robinson fire many years ago. :(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Fire Hazard

In the US, private fireworks and firecrackers are legalized during July 4th Indpendence Day.