• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Post What You Have For Re-Union Dinner

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will take some shots and post it after the dinner this week-end. Hope some bros here will do the same.:smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'll be having steak and kidney pie and carrot sticks with a hummus dip.... a sort of East meets West theme.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most likely we will have German Balls, raw fish, prawn salad, fish maw soup, ayam buah keluak etc, and jelly topped with sherbet for dessert. Am not too sure but just guessing as it will not be me arranging the dinner.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i will probably be having fried farts and onions , sweet and sour Clinton's balls ( very very small ), longkang soup.

I will post pics if i can find my $2 camera. :(

Most likely we will have German Balls, raw fish, prawn salad, fish maw soup, ayam buah keluak etc, and jelly topped with sherbet for dessert. Am not too sure but just guessing as it will not be me arranging the dinner.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will probably be having fried farts and onions , sweet and sour Clinton's balls ( very very small ), longkang soup.

I will post pics if i can find my $2 camera. :(

Clinton's balls already sour naturally, need lots of sugar.:biggrin: You will need tweezers to pluck out all the hairs from the hairy balls.

jw5

Loyal

Please can u elaborate what are German balls? Tks.

PS: no need to elaborate about Clinton's balls if anyone is tempted to do so. :o

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For this occasion it's the same every year - Steam Boat. 'Cept that of late, Red Wine seems to be present with the meal. If I had my say, I'd rather order a pizza.

Cheers!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please can u elaborate what are German balls? Tks.

PS: no need to elaborate about Clinton's balls if anyone is tempted to do so. :o

Sweetened pig's grounded liver, added with pepper, made into a ball (size about that of a ping pong ball) and wrapped in pig's stomach. They are then roasted and eaten with pickled vegetables.

I will try to get the recipe and post the pics. Just to add, this is a dish which is quite unique and I myself have never seen anyone making it outside of my family.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will take some shots and post it after the dinner this week-end. Hope some bros here will do the same.:smile:

Sorry, Windsor. I am not Irene Yeoh or Vincent Sear and I'm not in the business of prostituting what I had for bf lunch or dinner for the forum to gawk at.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, Windsor. I am not Irene Yeoh or Vincent Sear and I'm not in the business of prostituting what I had for bf lunch or dinner for the forum to gawk at.

You may not, but food is one subject that SBF members like to dwell on. There are so many threads started in SBF about where one can find this particular dish and which place sells the cheapest and the best. So I thought this once a year dinner will provide us some ideas what to have for the next year.

Maybe I should also open a thread on what people specially offer their guests during CNY visits.:biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
.........Maybe I should also open a thread on what people specially offer their guests during CNY visits.:biggrin:

No need. Always the same crap - kueh lapis, kueh buloh, kueh bangkit. F&N pok chui; maybe some Tiger Beer (from a can). Anyone can offer me some firecrackers to light up? That's REAL CHINESE LUNAR NEW YEAR!!!

Cheers!

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
000N74DE914E667A39B2C3m.jpg

grief-hands.jpg

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need. Always the same crap - kueh lapis, kueh buloh, kueh bangkit. F&N pok chui; maybe some Tiger Beer (from a can). Anyone can offer me some firecrackers to light up? That's REAL CHINESE LUNAR NEW YEAR!!!

Cheers!

Bro...your post so boring lah.:( I remember my Godma served a small bowl of boiled longan tea with white fungus. The rest as you mentioned are all common cakes and drinks most residences offered.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro...your post so boring lah.:( I remember my Godma served a small bowl of boiled longan tea with white fungus. The rest as you mentioned are all common cakes and drinks most residences offered.

Actually I've grown bored of CNY - reduced to eating and gambling. In Canada (firecrackers banned too) my ops manager arranges with the trucking guys to bring us some firecrackers from US states. He then distributes it to some of us yell0w skins for our celebrations. It's just for the heck of it. Couple of weeks ago in Penang, I heard some firecrackers let off in the streets. Longan tea and white fungus - ya can get cheng tng most food court places.

Cheers!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I've grown bored of CNY - reduced to eating and gambling. In Canada (firecrackers banned too) my ops manager arranges with the trucking guys to bring us some firecrackers from US states. He then distributes it to some of us yell0w skins for our celebrations. It's just for the heck of it. Couple of weeks ago in Penang, I heard some firecrackers let off in the streets. Longan tea and white fungus - ya can get cheng tng most food court places.

Cheers!

I have not gone to add, others offer mee siam, laksa, popiah and other kind of food with local flavour like freshly bbq satay. It will be very boring to visit relatives and all of them offer the same old tired tib bits.