• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Post What You Have For Re-Union Dinner

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
attachment.php

Once I tried something like that at a ngoh hiong hawker stall, with a couple of other fried items and beehoon. The price, $7. Never again. I'd rather eat pork chop or chicken chop for cheaper than that. Chinese ngoh hiong and Indian rojak stalls are rip-offs. Same experience happened with Indian rojak stall. Chose four items, $5.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Once I tried something like that at a ngoh hiong hawker stall, with a couple of other fried items and beehoon. The price, $7.

i don't partake in ngoh hiong prepared outside too, those folks use flour as filler as well as to stick the ingredients together, agree that it is a rip-off when you order it outside.

that's why i only get to eat the Ngoh Hiong prepared by my mum like a couple of times a year. and maybe that's why i like it so much :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ps: bro, forgot to ask, were you able to see the picture? Happy Lunar New Year! Huat ah!

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
ps: bro, forgot to ask, were you able to see the picture? Happy Lunar New Year! Huat ah!

Yes, can see the picture. Thanks. Happy Lunar New Year to you too. I don't mind if they sell it as $1 per stick for a snack. But whether for snack or meal, don't make it so big. The trouble with Chinese ngoh hiong and Indian rojak is that they make every piece so big, surely defeats the purpose of variety of the dish. I don't mind paying $5 or $7 for a good variety. But every piece is so big that if you go for a good mix of variety, you'd have to eat like a pig!

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hey BosSam...i want to 'Post what i had for reunion dinner ' but i dunno your address. Can you give me your mailing address ? Thanks. :smile:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today being 2nd day so had a family gathering at one of my brother's place for lunch. Not very interesting as he ordered the food from a caterer and it was Malay food. The dishes his family cooked was Ngoh Hiong and Itek Tim.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Please don't mind me showing something not reunion but rather my dinner last night. Warning - don't try these there because its not delicious.

Location is

Photo Jan 24, 9 59 25 PM.jpg
Second floor of Swisshotel Stamford

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Fish Head Curry - Lemak so thick that its like rendang sauce and also all you taste is lemak and nothing else. Too rich. Also this is not sour at all meaning there is no assam and how could any fish head curry have no assam? From the picture below you can see how thick the sauce is. Cost $49.50 (whole head not half) if charge to room like me get 20% discount.

Photo Jan 24, 9 58 54 PM.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
beef Rendang - sauce is too sweet and not spicy at all. Spices and fragrance not infused into the meat so the meat taste bland. Cost is $19.50

Photo Jan 24, 9 59 12 PM.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup Everybody. As for the pics I posted of my family reunion at Ghim Tin Restaurant my sister just found the menu and WhatsApp to me so here it is

Photo Jan 25, 7 35 21 AM.jpg

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
beef Rendang - sauce is too sweet and not spicy at all. Spices and fragrance not infused into the meat so the meat taste bland. Cost is $19.50

View attachment 3599

This was what we had 2nd day of CNY at my brother's house. The Itek Tim and Ngoh Hiong pictures I did not take as they arrived later.

1. Beef Rendang
432ccd31.jpg

2. Chicken Curry
1b4caa81.jpg

3. Beef Lungs
ff10ed03.jpg

4. Sayur Sambal Goreng
558fd9c9.jpg

5. Mee Goreng
f095cc8a.jpg

6. Stewed Dried Squid
824d44df.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Shizzz Windsor I damn hungry now after looking at your pix. Also damn angry because now I in LOS all these not available and only have to cook myself. Thanks a lot bro today I 开工 see all these!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shizzz Windsor I damn hungry now after looking at your pix. Also damn angry because now I in LOS all these not available and only have to cook myself. Thanks a lot bro today I 开工 see all these!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wah bro..3 days all solid meals, I now have to exercise more to reduce my paunch.:biggrin: Luckily this is only seasonal otherwise I will be extremely overweight.

Don't worry bro, can always ask your friend who sometimes visit LOS to buy a packed meal for you as the flight from Singapore is so short.:smile: Anyway the food in LOS is much better imo.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks for the comfort. I will ne making Kgor-Heong tonight so will photo after. Hope its nice.

Wah bro..3 days all solid meals, I now have to exercise more to reduce my paunch.:biggrin: Luckily this is only seasonal otherwise I will be extremely overweight.

Don't worry bro, can always ask your friend who sometimes visit LOS to buy a packed meal for you as the flight from Singapore is so short.:smile: Anyway the food in LOS is much better imo.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not Caterer's Buffet Again

If you are hungry, you will eat almost anything. The visual effect is enough to turn you away. That's why gourmet has to be as little as possible. If colour or 色 is not there, then smell 味 must be able to entice the would be eaters. Normally, when I see this ... chances are my visit will be a short one. But, its the drinks and desserts will be able to make me stay and talk longer.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Not Caterer's Buffet Again

Hi Windsor,

I saw your posts above and have a couple of silly questions o how you posts them:

1. Did you use the "Image" icon for posting photos on the posting page to post your photos?

2. Did you copy your URL from your photobucket then stick it in the space?

3. What is the limit to the size of photo we can post? (I always thought it must be less than 100k, but I saw your photos are like 300k)

4. I always use the image icon then chose "From Computer" it works of course (photo size limited to less than 100k) but then if its 2 photos or more then it becomes small little photo icons unlike yours all blown up and beautiful.

Help me please.