• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Post What You Have For Re-Union Dinner

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Photo Jan 23, 12 57 28 AM.jpg
Fish Noodles with Abalone

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stopped by taipei and bought the usual pineapple cake on way back to sfo. munching on pineapple cake nugget now with freshly brewed coffee for breakfast. nfl conference championship games are about to begin and everyone is glued to the tv. tonight will also be cny's eve. no celebrations and holidays here, but we'll be talking football all evening.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3. Bakwan Kepiting (crab meat and bamboo shoots)
d9b0cd57.jpg

4. Ayam Buah Keluak
054ccfeb.jpg

5. Prawn and Squid Salad
9b1fc3a4.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Goodnight Windsor.

To everyone wishing you all 恭喜发大才。龙马精神。步步高升。身体健康。万事如意。

Last edited:

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Duck is what I missed in this CNY dinner. There was no duck. The chicken rice was good though, plus the fish and crab all fresh and steamed, not fried. The highlight was a big pot of solid fibre sharkfin soup. Yummy! We're going to finish off what's leftover last night as breakfast now. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
1. German Balls:biggrin:

The german balls look interesting, but the chap chye doesn't look like what I have eaten before.
There seems to be a lot of tang hoon or bee hoon.
I usually prefer chap chye with lots of cabbage and black mushrooms. Yummy! :p

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The german balls look interesting, but the chap chye doesn't look like what I have eaten before.
There seems to be a lot of tang hoon or bee hoon.
I usually prefer chap chye with lots of cabbage and black mushrooms. Yummy! :p

That is true and I think one of my niece-in-law cooked the dish and it was not like the usual dish we normally have.

Anyway first day was pretty tiring and I left early as tomorrow is another busy day. There are more dishes prepared for our guests today and it was a huge crowd.:eek: It looks like our house is the only one along the row of houses having a big makan. I took many some pictures today and will post them tonight after some rest.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
This CNY is no different for us than other CNY. My wife stocked up lots of foods for my MIL to cook, just like Chinese reunion dinners. The supermarkets, hawker centres and coffeeshops are all closed except for Muslim foodstalls and fast food joints. We're not used to Muslim dishes because most are too spicy for our tastes and we can't be eating fast food every meal every day. Actually, CNY is quite a good Chinese tradition if they don't attach any superstition to it. I understand it's a time to celebrate the coming of spring, family members visiting each other and eating together, almost the same as Christmas but even that's spoilt by religion.

All of my staff are Chinese. I always shut down office and give them five full days of holidays - eve, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th as that most Chinese seems to want. The extra three days, I don't deduct from their annual leaves. Christmas also comes with two extra holidays, eve and boxing day. It's in exchange for forgoing all other public holidays. I view Christmas and CNY seasons secularly and I don't believe in religious holidays and ND. All of my staff are freethinkers anyway.

And I don't give them red packets. They already have their rightfully deserved bonuses and staff benefits. In the earlier years, I actually offered my staff a choice of bonus payout on December payday or on CNY payday. They unaminously chose December. Therefore, it's standardized to December payday.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3. Guests

IMG_1330.jpg

4. Partial spread getting ready (Ngo Hiang, Lontong)

IMG_1324.jpg

5. German Balls again:biggrin:

IMG_1325.jpg

6. My favourite Hee Peow Soup

IMG_1327.jpg

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
wah bro ...so many dishes ah?

Did you keep some for poor clinton or not? Last i saw his portions at the SPCA quite small leh. :(