• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yap Keng Ho - Please provide your background

neji

Alfrescian
Loyal
So lets all stick to the issue at hand - who is Chee. So far I got 2 opinion votes on sincerity, 1 opinion vote on mole, and no questions put forth has been answered by the man or anyone else.

I think you meant who is yap right scroobal bro? :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke,

I don't think you have raised anything new for me to address. With respect, you generally appear to be just repeating your position which you have already stated and made clear in earlier posts above.

Naturally I maintain my own position as stated in my earlier posts above as what you say clearly does not change anything. I shall leave it at that until and unless you have something new to add. As always, forumers can draw their own conclusions, in particular Yap Keng Ho's sudden curious and strange silence in this thread while he continues to actively participate in other threads in this forum.:wink:

Cheers

Dear Porfirio

Whether "Uncle Yap" is a supporter or not and how far he has damaged the cause as perceived here by many is not really the point.
Locke

N

nohddsk

I will not speculate as to whether this Yap character is a PAP mole or not. But what I do find amazing is that there are actually people who stand up and vouch for his sincerity, dedication etc.

If I remember correctly, this is the same guy who goes by the moniker "UncleYap" in the old SBF who has been advocating some sort of armed revoultion in Singapore. While we may all disagree on Chee's methods and integrity, but at least he preaches non-violent civil disobidience.

Yap's stand from the start has been to use violence to remove PAP from power if necessary. He's no different from Al Qaeda, just a dumber version who can't seem to convince anyone except himself. He's either a mole as suspected by some, or one hell of a sick fellow.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

Generally in agreement with what you have written Bro.

I believe even Jufrie's group's murmurs and rumblings viz Yap Keng Ho only appeared to surface after GE2006 on Sam's old Delphi site (I stand corrected).

It is perhaps also noteworthy to keep in mind that Dr Chee himself has for many years (probably since the break up incident with Chiam See Tong) been labelled in some form or another by several quarters as a 'PAP plant'. Even up today and after all Dr Chee has gone through, I still see such spurious allegations being bandied about from time to time.

However the FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE between Dr Chee and Yap Keng Ho is that by now such questions of character, integrity and credibility can be quite easily answered in Dr Chee's case (even the funding - you do not need to be a rocket scientist to follow the dots).

Unfortunately this is definitely NOT the case when it comes to Yap Keng Ho and at the end of the day I think the onus lies on Yap himself to come clean and clear the air assuming he wishes to continue to influence public opinion. Like I said before, if Yap can blithely air other people's apparent dirty linen in public acting all righteous then why can't he answer legitimate and valid questions on his own character?

Btw I hope you did not make a Freudian slip when you said :"So lets all stick to the issue at hand - who is Chee":p

Oh and I don't think Yap is such a political clairvoyant. Those closely following the PP by-election across the causeway probably knew it was going to be a good win for Anwar, especially after he pulled the 'Imam out of his hat' at the last moment:wink:

Cheers

I have to disagree.

Nevertheless, the issue is not SDP, Chee or my maternal Aunt who loves Chee, but who the hell is Yap.

So lets all stick to the issue at hand - who is Chee. So far I got 2 opinion votes on sincerity, 1 opinion vote on mole, and no questions put forth has been answered by the man or anyone else.

ps. in the meantime, Uncle Yap has stunned the knowledgeable, the pundits and the beancounters on correctly predicting the Anwar win.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

I forgot to mention that an Alpha DS who is apparently no less the apple of the eye of both Father & Son intimated to me over cocktails that she was impressed by Dr Chee's mastery of the English language after reading his closing submissions in the recent case with Father & Son:biggrin:

Cheers

The claim that it has been made clear in the SDP website does not hold water. Read that post again. If Chee fails in the art of politics, he sure is an ace in the language called English. If that is the message that he wants to impart, it would have been crystal clear.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

It is perhaps also noteworthy to keep in mind that Dr Chee himself has for many years (probably since the break up incident with Chiam See Tong) been labelled in some form or another by several quarters as a 'PAP plant'.

However the FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE between Dr Chee and Yap Keng Ho is that by now such questions of character, integrity and credibility can be quite easily answered in Dr Chee's case (even the funding - you do not need to be a rocket scientist to follow the dots).

Unfortunately this is definitely NOT the case when it comes to Yap Keng Ho and at the end of the day I think the onus lies on Yap himself to come clean and clear the air assuming he wishes to continue to influence public opinion. Like I said before, if Yap can blithely air other people's apparent dirty linen in public acting all righteous then why can't he answer legitimate and valid questions on his own character?

Btw I hope you did not make a Freudian slip when you said :"So lets all stick to the issue at hand - who is Chee":p

Cheers

Yes on many counts including the "Chee" slip. Most people know of Chee's background including matters not related to politics and this is where he is on par with the rest in seeking public support. Yap Cebrtainly not, not a clue.

As for Anwar, its tongue in cheek, his homeown, his wife's twice held constituency, its Penang, - its like shooting fish in a barrel with an added bonus of alcohol instead of water in it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

I forgot to mention that an Alpha DS who is apparently no less the apple of the eye of both Father & Son intimated to me over cocktails that she was impressed by Dr Chee's mastery of the English language after reading his closing submissions in the recent case with Father & Son:biggrin:

Cheers
Bro, I can tell you that when Chee emerged with Chiam introducing him, Singaporeans were thrilled. Clean cut, scholarly, great command of the language etc. As you know chiam and even JBJ struggles in parliament over delivery.

Frankly, the man is an enigma. Its just does not add up to 2 not matter how you work up the sums. Its also the reason that fueled rumours for years. For instance - why the books does relate the actions etc.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not speculate as to whether this Yap character is a PAP mole or not.

He's no different from Al Qaeda, just a dumber version who can't seem to convince anyone except himself. He's either a mole as suspected by some, or one hell of a sick fellow.
Someone who he trust needs to sit down with him and explian the collateral damage that he causes, not only to the opposition cause, but to people like Ravi, etc. Like the prick who snipped his pubic hair in public and thought it was art.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak too many 'coded' messages flying around in this thread Bro, even an avatar or two to boot, gives me a headache at times:biggrin:

As for Anwar, its tongue in cheek, his homeown, his wife's twice held constituency, its Penang, - its like shooting fish in a barrel with an added bonus of alcohol instead of water in it.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, can be pretty rum at times. More so if you have had a personal tete a tete with Dr Chee and seen him in action in the latest court case with Father & Son. Imagine brother and sister team in Parliament, oh what a pity and a waste :(

Frankly, the man is an enigma. Its just does not add up to 2 not matter how you work up the sums. Its also the reason that fueled rumours for years. For instance - why the books does relate the actions etc.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

Cheers

bro.... it is dis-respectful to use the capital "F" and "S" for mere mortals Lee KY and his son.... you unwittingly accord them a status which neither of them are fit to be .... God bless !

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not speculate as to whether this Yap character is a PAP mole or not. But what I do find amazing is that there are actually people who stand up and vouch for his sincerity, dedication etc.

If I remember correctly, this is the same guy who goes by the moniker "UncleYap" in the old SBF who has been advocating some sort of armed revoultion in Singapore. While we may all disagree on Chee's methods and integrity, but at least he preaches non-violent civil disobidience.

Yap's stand from the start has been to use violence to remove PAP from power if necessary. He's no different from Al Qaeda, just a dumber version who can't seem to convince anyone except himself. He's either a mole as suspected by some, or one hell of a sick fellow.

bro... to each his own.... if the electoral system is so flawed that it loses its effectiveness as a democratic tool... then sometimes a revolution is needed to correct the political imbalances....

Anyway... sgporeans are too afraid to even protest... let alone a revolution... there won't be any political change in sgp for the next two generations despite the hot air blowing.... its all in the sinkee genes and its not a co-incident foreigners are laughing at their stupidity of livng as slaves....

manlovesbeef

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Yap is those wannabee politician.....once he was young and full of aspirations....but sibei how lian and thought too highly of himself..and as they say pride comes before a fall....now he is a bankrupt, having achieved nothing in life, he has to look for something to prove himself.....what better way then to go against the establisment since he has NOTHING to lose now...its a typical singaporean habit...especially for failed businessman....they cannot blame themselves so they must find someway to blame all their woes on others......the Gov is always a convenient scapegoat

but i am puzzled too why he goes around like a mad dog barking up all these crazy allegations which will get not only himself but members of opposition parties into trouble if they buy his bullshit.....

My guess 1) A true psycho who has lost everything in life and bark for the sake of barking 2) A true idiot, explaining why he is a bankrupt and also why he says things without using his brains 3) the ultimate double agent (send from who?? your guess is as good as mine)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle Yap is those wannabee politician.....once he was young and full of aspirations....but sibei how lian and thought too highly of himself..and as they say pride comes before a fall....now he is a bankrupt, having achieved nothing in life, he has to look for something to prove himself.....what better way then to go against the establisment since he has NOTHING to lose now...its a typical singaporean habit...especially for failed businessman....they cannot blame themselves so they must find someway to blame all their woes on others......the Gov is always a convenient scapegoat

Is he a bankrupt? I don't think so. In GE 2006 he was approved to speak at the SDP Sembawang GRC rally whereas Dr. Chee (bankrupted) wasn't. Since then, he has been arrested and charged and imprisoned, but I don't recall him being sued and bankrupted.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he a bankrupt? I don't think so. In GE 2006 he was approved to speak at the SDP Sembawang GRC rally whereas Dr. Chee (bankrupted) wasn't. Since then, he has been arrested and charged and imprisoned, but I don't recall him being sued and bankrupted.
Thanks Bro, you are the first one to provide some useful information rather than an opinion.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess that probably about covers it in a nutshell:wink:

but i am puzzled too why he goes around like a mad dog barking up all these crazy allegations which will get not only himself but members of opposition parties into trouble if they buy his bullshit.....

My guess 1) A true psycho who has lost everything in life and bark for the sake of barking 2) A true idiot, explaining why he is a bankrupt and also why he says things without using his brains 3) the ultimate double agent (send from who?? your guess is as good as mine)