• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yap Keng Ho - Please provide your background

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah, post your Police Camera Videos here!

I will not entertain silly requests asking for info, or similar silly arguments to waste my time. You think your craps are worth my time?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And so silly if I ignore you then you gained position?:confused::wink:

Grow up!:cool:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is because of people like Yap, Chee andNair that Singapore's political situation is not treated like that of Burma, North Korea or Iran by the international community.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is because of people like Yap, Chee andNair that Singapore's political situation is not treated like that of Burma, North Korea or Iran by the international community.

think its because of people like Yap, Gopalan and to some extent Chee, that the general public have very little respect of the opposition and much of the opposition had been treated as jokes and clowns.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
think its because of people like Yap, Gopalan and to some extent Chee, that the general public have very little respect of the opposition and much of the opposition had been treated as jokes and clowns.

Chee always portrays himself along side Aung San Suu Kyi. Ahem. That lady won the Nobel Peace Prize, US Congressional Awards and other international achievements. Chee? PhD, abused position as lecturer, and wants to compare himself along side her.

And Yap? of no comparison at all.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel very strongly that Uncle Yap better learn more fr PAP,that is the twist and turn part,to mix zero truth,half truth,theree quearter truth and nothing bu the truth into one big pot of ROJA.

Uncle Yap still has much to master,but in the end,you can do so.

Pl kindly concentrate on this,you will be great!

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Yap was the ID I used when I set up an email account to communicate with my nephews and nieces. I then used it for several online forums and lo and behold, people started calling me Uncle Yap. I never intended it as something to make me look or sound more important than I am. Actually, I find it embarrassing sometimes; even someone as senior as the late Mr. J.B. Jeyaretnam (JBJ) used to call me Uncle Yap.

I’m an electronics engineer and now run my own IT consultancy business. I worked in Silicon Valley for a good four to five years and also in Los Angeles for a short while in the ‘80s. Living in the US gave me the opportunity to drive across the country from Florida to Canada, and that was an amazing experience.

Standing at Niagara Falls will make you realize how miniscule humans are in the grand scheme of things. The rock you stand on to look over the edge has been there for tens of millions of years and it will continue to be there for just as long.

I’m not a member of any political party or NGO. I’m an independent activist and a blogger. In recent years, ever since the 2006 General Election, I’ve come out as a volunteer for different opposition parties and helped JBJ set up of his Reform Party.

No way would I want to join a political party; I wouldn’t want the burden of party discipline. I like doing my own thing and I have the liberty to practice my own brand of activism.

I feel I have the gift to help society and I feel it’s my duty to contribute towards the betterment of the world.

My activism started way before the Internet era. I ran a research and development office based at the Science Park during the ‘80s and I used to write articles and distribute them via fax or “Junk Fax” as we called it in those days.

With JBJ’s passing, we’ve lost somebody who was very senior in the legal sector, one of the most senior members of the bar. Politically, we’ve lost an icon, somebody who was very noble and possessed a huge amount of integrity.

During the second day of JBJ’s wake, the Reform Party ran out of JBJ’s books and people were disappointed at not being able to buy and contribute something towards his memory. So I had the idea of printing t-shirts with his face on it, so the Reform Party could sell it to raise some funds. They sold by the hundreds.

Hong Lim Park is a good training ground for activists. The trend of more groups going to Speakers’ Corner at Hong Lim Park for demonstrations cannot be reversed. And I see more young people getting socially and politically involved.

I’ve served two 10-day stints in prison. During this time I went on hunger strike, not eating and drinking during the entire duration. The prison authorities then put me on a drip. Twenty-four days was my longest hunger strike record. I can go two weeks without water.

I meditate and practice qigong and wushu. These things keep me happy and strong.

I don’t watch films anymore. In Florida I worked for a film company and since then whenever I’ve watched films I seem to pay more attention to things like the post-production aspects like special effects and such. It became too distracting; every scene I’d think “something can be improved here.”

I don’t stand for democracy or freedom. I stand for truth and honesty, and I fight against selfishness and greed.